• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Meanwhile in Houston....
Had the closest games with Gnes today at a tourney in Grand Finals (uses shulk), literally all were last stock last hit...he was soooo close to dying so many times (upsmash like once, literally back throw 4/5 times)

Shulk vs sonic is not fun. All his aerials beat destroy spindash and bair and fair are safe on all but powershield, and even then you have to be in the right position. Shield shulk camping every bit of percent he can too is great too. Sonic has to work really hard to get in.

I'll upload the matches one they're up, really want y'all to see what I'm talking about and critique what I did wrong

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic beats Shulk. :applejack:
Preemptive, but it sounds like you were spinning from across stage and sitting in your shield way too much. That's the only way Shulk gets the freedom to control the match against Sonic.

Him not having jump just begs for offstage gimps too. Shulk's pretty vulnerable.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Preemptive, but it sounds like you were spinning from across stage and sitting in your shield way too much. That's the only way Shulk gets the freedom to control the match against Sonic.

Him not having jump just begs for offstage gimps too. Shulk's pretty vulnerable.
To be fair, even in Xenoblade Chronicles Shulk is pretty much a weakling even with the Monado.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld

He said after playing you at SAM WINGS 2 he figured what he could and can't do against sonic and learned that ASC shield cancelling wasn't a thing anymore which made the mu a lot easier on his end.

At TGC 2 you should play friendlies so I can watch.

I'm not saying sonic loses, just it can be extremely difficult to get in. I definitely disagree about Sonic "wrecking" Shulk, you prolly havent played a Shulk on Gnes's level yet. I think its slight Sonic advantage, but Shulks definitely no cake walk.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
*wasn't a thing anymore. He thought sonic still could
Ah, gotchya.

Main experience I have for this match-up is against Numbers. I'd say it's more annoying than anything, and I don't think it's a free ride, but I do feel we ultimately have the advantage. Shulk has a hard time dealing with close pressure. If you let him breathe though, he'll dominate you in mid-range and can pull off some janky stuff.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
What a fair, reasonable stage.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
KJ (Marth/Sonic) vs Gnes (Shulk) 02:27:52 GF (all Marth) 02:45:50 GF 2 (all Sonic) http://www.twitch.tv/morphiziz/v/4143750

Should've naired more, and first game I was spin-dashing wayy too much; Shulk can definitely punish any whiffed spindash. More pummels...missed some easy ftilt punishes too.

Haven't really found a consistent way to hit SH happy opponent, so awkward lol

Also have a set vs zss and peach in the video archive thread if anybody wants to see that

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
You clearly quoted Espy's post, man.
You clearly can't read. Espy never said sonic "wrecks" shulk, and on top of that I mentioned that Gnes and him had played before.

looks like the sonic board needs to work on their reads(; :applejack:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
You clearly can't read. Espy never said sonic "wrecks" shulk, and on top of that I mentioned that Gnes and him had played before.

looks like the sonic board needs to work on their reads(; :applejack:
Whatever. I'm just a little stiff since I got all this college business I'm buried in right now.

:applejack:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
We got Rooftop Run, which is basically all that matters.

Lizam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lizzam

Yet it's the Generations remix right? :p

Also kind of wish we got more instrumental tracks and less vocal ones. Sky Sanctuary, S3 FinalBoss/Big Arms theme anyone? Generations track revisions in general are amazing...

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I agree with QTEs in Unleashed sucking. On my first run of the final level this really fast QTE popped up as Sonic scaled a ramp. Guess what happened next.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

They should've at least considered Dragon Road Daytime or Jungle Joyride Nighttime though.

Brother those were good times.

Gotta funny story about this though. Last time I ever talked about Dragon Road from Sonic Unleashed was in the 3rd Smash 4 social thread here.

http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-social-thread-3-0.366060/page-1155#post-17918971

It was a riot. I never talked about Dragon Road again.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I really like Unleashed, I think Colors, Generations, and Lost World to an extent are better games, but if there's one thing Unleashed had that those games didn't, is a sense of adventure.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lost World felt adventurous, despite the lack of overworld imo.

I like running up walls and ****.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I really like Unleashed, I think Colors, Generations, and Lost World to an extent are better games, but if there's one thing Unleashed had that those games didn't, is a sense of adventure.
Yeah, that's was SEGA needs to get back to doing. Adventure based games with new ways to play.

Jesus Grandma, SEGA, have you REALLY ran out of ideas? You could give Amy Rose her own game where she's the one saving Sonic if you want suggestions.

Edit: Cammy's a back roomer now? That's nice work!

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Hear, hear!
In terms of length and content, Unleashed was perfect.
I would absolutely love to have a Sonic game in that scale again.

Perfect?

werehog.
Edit: Cammy's a back roomer now? That's nice work!
I was really confused at first because I totally forgot I applied.

Thanks though! It was a funny surprise.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
**** the Unleashed medals. Why the hell should they be mandatory, legit made me give up on the game when I got to that Ice continent I forget the name of.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Unleashed was so close to being a great game.

So close.

Werehog levels wouldn't be AWFUL if they weren't SO DAMN LONG. Like, the controls are meh (combat is pretty good actually but jumping and climbing is a headache) plus the SAME SONG that comes on for every battle gets so annoying.

Also, the story takes a dive after the amazing opening cutscene. Not to mention that Sonic's model looks so clean in comparison to the werehog's bad hair renders.

Medals can bite my ass.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
No werehog levels should take 10 minutes or more. They're just a little monotonous with all the combat. Did people never have enough medals to progress? I never had to stop and gather more, just doing the key stages left me with enough.

:yeahboi:

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
No werehog levels should take 10 minutes or more. They're just a little monotonous with all the combat. Did people never have enough medals to progress? I never had to stop and gather more, just doing the key stages left me with enough.

When I rented the 360 version of Unleashed (I had the Wii version), I had medal troubles. When I later got the PS3 version, I knew the medals were mandatory and collected every single one. In fact, I pretty much got every collectable in that game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Last time I played, I was nearly 100% done. I just need to get a few more sun medals and acquire the rest of the collectables I don't have.

Top Bottom