• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
The reason people voted for dead or fictional characters like Harambe (17,500 confirmed from various sources) and Zoidberg (about 500 recorded I think?), is because even though the major party candidates in this election were so off-putting to many, there was effectively nothing they could do. There was no better candidate to vote for that would actually stand a chance of getting elected at this point.

So, they voted like that as a form of passive aggression; for some it was the only way for them to speak against the 'only' candidates options. That's how I took it anyway.
Either that or because they thought it was funny. Well, I mean, it made me chuckle.

On a different note, I hope you have a happier birthday!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
What I am most peeved about is those who voted for memes like "Harambe". I've gotten conflicting information on if any voted for him at all, but the whole concept just burns me up.

In other news, I woke up today at 7 to the sound of my dorm's fire alarm going off (my guess is popcorn). What a great way to start my birthday.
I feel bad about that especially since i found out only 55% of America voted (that could vote). But then again, i do see the sense of humour behind.

Ah happy birthday man! Nothing like a fire drill to start off the day. Get some fresh air :)
Whew. I don't Twitter. How bad is it?
Bad... really bad.

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Whew. I don't Twitter. How bad is it?
Oh boy, ESAM, NAKAT, and Cam have all made a plethora of tweets about how terrible the election is. And Mr. R apparently got mad about how it was all set up and how it was only on a Tuesday that people could vote (idk if he knew that people could vote early). And the less said about what ZeRo's been sayin the better.

Also, can we just take a moment to realize that the Simpsons not only predicted Trump winning but hey also got the near exact same electoral map right?
image.jpeg

I know that Simpsons has predicted things before, but tell me this: HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO PREDICT WHAT PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY THINK?!?!?!?!!??

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Yeesh. Glad I stay away from the twittersphere then. Facebook is bad enough. Not much of a social media kinda guy anywho.

If you know how elections work here in America, then you know that they are always rigged - often on both sides.
There are different ways to rig them, but the main points of interest are Gerrymandering, the Lobbyist system, and legal problems with the Electoral College in 24 states.
What's amusing to me is that it was supposed to be 'more rigged' in Hillary's favor from the get go.
But from what I've gleaned over the past year, a large portion of people voted for him on the sole basis of keeping Hillary out. More people seem to be afraid of what Hillary would do in office vs what Trump could do in office.

At least I'm getting a laugh from all the salt from this election. I mean, seriously - people are rioting and crying in the streets over this. It's so bad the people are recording and autotuning it for Youtube. It's like For Glory all over again.
I mean, It's okay to be upset (I'm definitely not happy), but some people take the election far too seriously.

Darn Simpsons. Exploiting time travel for their own humerous benefits.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Yeesh. Glad I stay away from the twittersphere then. Facebook is bad enough. Not much of a social media kinda guy anywho.

If you know how elections work here in America, then you know that they are always rigged - often on both sides.
There are different ways to rig them, but the main points of interest are Gerrymandering, the Lobbyist system, and legal problems with the Electoral College in 24 states.
What's amusing to me is that it was supposed to be 'more rigged' in Hillary's favor from the get go.
But from what I've gleaned over the past year, a large portion of people voted for him on the sole basis of keeping Hillary out. More people seem to be afraid of what Hillary would do in office vs what Trump could do in office.

At least I'm getting a laugh from all the salt from this election. I mean, seriously - people are rioting and crying in the streets over this. It's so bad the people are recording and autotuning it for Youtube. It's like For Glory all over again.
I mean, It's okay to be upset (I'm definitely not happy), but some people take the election far too seriously.

Darn Simpsons. Exploiting time travel for their own humerous benefits.
Facebook memes man.... Facebook memes

Yeah.... problem with modern democracy... it's not always a democracy.

I was talking to someone yestarday about Trump's presidency and his promise and i have say while I hate my guts out of him, it seems that a few of his promises aren't that bad on paper (then again i don't understand a lot about how politics work so it could just be all talk and no walk). And also the fact like you just said, people have a fair enough reason to be mad and they are allowed to be... but like, wait until he has ****ed something up before rioting and burning the whitehouse down.

I think the scariest part is this how they predicted the escalator scene. Like, holy crap....

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
The reason people voted for dead or fictional characters like Harambe (17,500 confirmed from various sources) and Zoidberg (about 500 recorded I think?), is because even though the major party candidates in this election were so off-putting to many, there was effectively nothing they could do. There was no better candidate to vote for that would actually stand a chance of getting elected at this point.

So, they voted like that as a form of passive aggression; for some it was the only way for them to speak against the 'only' candidates options. That's how I took it anyway.
Either that or because they thought it was funny. Well, I mean, it made me chuckle.

On a different note, I hope you have a happier birthday!
I heard that the story of thousands of people voting for harambe was a fake story, but who knows lol. This was a messy election in terms of candidate choices x.x

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
IMO the Harambe memes honestly aren't even that funny. I don't even know why people would make jokes about controversial issues. The only exception I give out is the election (but that's kind of a given no matter who the candidates are). While we're at it, why don't we start making memes about kiwikuru's sociopathical situations (that are probably irrelevant by now, but still). Does that sound funny? No? Exactly.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys..

They know....

THEY ****ING KNOW!!!!

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I just can't wait for Lego Dimensions. It's gonna be pretty sweet. I've been waiting for Sonic Legos since I was a young tike.
Agreed. This may get me to actually get/invest in the game. Off the top of my head, I'm considering Sonic, Doctor Who, Portal, and Lego Movie Sets. 'Tis a shame Bionicle hasn't been represented yet, but that sadly makes sense due to its technic/CCBS nature.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I got the Sonic lego set recently. I had a lot of leftover unused lego bricks on hand too, so I made a 32x32 little diorama for with 16x16 sections for Green Hill, Labyrinth, Star Light, and Spring Yard zones. It looks pretty neato considering all the mismatched pieces I used.
Needless to say, I think I'm pretty content now until Mania and Project 2017 come out next year.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Getting off a hiatus sucks; I got so bodied at my tournament today. Ah well, at least most of them were last hit situations instead of the player being better than me.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Poor Cam though. Have you seen his twitter recently? He's had a lot to say about Trump. I really hope he gets through this and hangs in there.
That was a rough week.

Going to be an even rougher 2 years.
Guys..

They know....

THEY ****ING KNOW!!!!

I kind of hate that I want to play LEGO Dimensions just for Sonic.
Getting off a hiatus sucks; I got so bodied at my tournament today. Ah well, at least most of them were last hit situations instead of the player being better than me.
I relate to this spiritually.

:093:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Other things I learned from my tournament on Saturday:

The Greninja matchup (most of it).

Campy Diddy is even more cancerous than campy Sonic (which isn't even that annoying to begin with).

I can keep up with the top five players in the Indiana PR.

I took two stocks off of Kage with my day old yoshi.

Doc sucks in melee (nah not really, but I dropped him in melee).

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I play Duck Hunt and am not very good to boot, so whenever I get into tournaments I just try to take 1 stock off of the opponent before I lose. Sometimes it's hit or miss.

At a small tournament last Saturday I fought a Pac Man user and one of the Link's I think. I have to tip my hat to Pac Man as a character; his combo videos are some of the coolest and most complex I've ever seen.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I've lent out my system so some pals of mine could play, leaving me Smash-less for a while now.
I don't play FPSs, but someone told me that they could help my reaction and planning time a bit, so I tried a few. But that's the only form of practice I've had recently.
I still did pretty well at a small event a week or two back, so I guess I'm still in o.k. shape.
Breaks are grand.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That was a rough week.

Going to be an even rougher 2 years.

I kind of hate that I want to play LEGO Dimensions just for Sonic.

I relate to this spiritually.

I thought it was 4 years?

I want LEGO dimensions for Portal, Doctor Who, Fantastic Beast and Sonic

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
There is little difference between the two.
Same Story, slightly different Pokemon.
The only real question you need to ask yourself:
Do you want a giant bat or a giant lion?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There is little difference between the two.
Same Story, slightly different Pokemon.
The only real question you need to ask yourself:
Do you want a giant bat or a giant lion?
Ended up choosing a giant bat

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I got Sun.
I thought it was 4 years?

I want LEGO dimensions for Portal, Doctor Who, Fantastic Beast and Sonic

Sorry, meant to type 4... My b.

I should find a way to go back and play the sonic games I missed
Emulator I guess if you want to be cheap, otherwise there's a good selection of classics on Steam, Virtual Console, etc. that aren't that pricey.
Yo fam lookie what I bought
View attachment 121385
Where at? lol

I got this watch at Target.

CyI7FVHW8AA6B0Z.jpg

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Actually I got the shades at Epcot in the magical world of Dalt Wisney. #didneyworld. I also got a Sonic boom plushie at the same location. I'll bring it to tournaments that I go to and use it as a stress ball in between sets, like Dabuz with that luma plushie he has.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I totally need to get a stress ball or something to fumble with in-between matches. Never thought about that before. That is a great idea.
I also just wrapped up Moon the other day. Probably the better of the more recent storylines in Pokemon games (ORAS went downhill fast during the Delta episode). I'm never using Z moves though; I'm having none of that ridiculous dancing business.

I've already got a team of penta-flawless Pokes,so I'm ready for VGC 2017.
I'm much better at Smash than Pokemon though; I'm so bad at doubles team-building.
At least I have fun running nasty strategies like Snow Warning + Snow Cloak + Blizzard + Sheer Cold.
Hahaha, I've had some ragequits with that set.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Can you make money off of pokemon tho?

That being said, I still need to get into my mahvel groove so I can go to umvc3 tournaments. Thank God that Chicago has WSF weeklies or something (probably got the name wrong XP). I say Chicago because I'm actually going there for college.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Can you make money off of pokemon tho?
I...I play because its fun?
But yes, official tourneys usually offer big rewards and/or scholarships.

However, I don't ever expect to make money off Smash or Pokemon.
I play and compete because its fun.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
They make Sonic stressballs too, lol.

Top Bottom