• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
All i want from Project 2017 is them to bring back Jason Griffith.

If that happened... I would loss my ****

:135:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Well, looks like my days of online gaming are over.

I moved to a new house last week, and it's in a rural area with no cable or DSL lines. That means the only option I've got is satellite. I shopped around and picked the best service for the money, and it does have pretty good upload and download speed! But the ugly reality of satellite internet is latency. My ping is 500 at best, and I've seen it go up to 850 sometimes.

On the bright side, I finally have an excuse to stop going on For Glory. XD

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte

I moved to a new house last week, and it's in a rural area with no cable or DSL lines. That means the only option I've got is satellite. I shopped around and picked the best service for the money, and it does have pretty good upload and download speed! But the ugly reality of satellite internet is latency. My ping is 500 at best, and I've seen it go up to 850 sometimes.

Did you or your wife get a job offering in this rural area or something? Otherwise idk why you moved there unless you like farms or something.

Still though, that's gotta suck.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
It's not so bad, really, just a lifestyle adjustment. The reason we moved is because it was a much nicer house for basically the same monthly payment - my dad scoped it out on an auction for a steal. I've always wanted a rural house anyway, since my only interaction with neighbors makes me want to file a noise complaint. >_>

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Wait, if you can't play For Glory anymore... does that mean

*slowly realise that means no more 2Fast4U videos

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Wait, if you can't play For Glory anymore... does that mean

*slowly realise that means no more 2Fast4U videos

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

Well, yes, but I was only ever planning to do two of those anyway. If it makes you feel better, Alpharad said he might do a real one someday. >_>

I wish I had a subtle Great Gatsby photo that said "today is my birthday", because today actually is my [18th] birthday.
What an oddly specific thing to ask for as a birthday present. But happy birthday anyway! 18 is a big year - that's when people start taking you seriously. =P

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
What an oddly specific thing to ask for as a birthday present. But happy birthday anyway! 18 is a big year - that's when people start taking you seriously. =P
Tell that to my parents; they're too clingy and tyranical to support anything I do outside of religious or academic activities lol.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Tell that to my parents; they're too clingy and tyranical to support anything I do outside of religious or academic activities lol.
That's when SOME people start taking you seriously. >_>

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Happy Birthday Sensane Sensane

Here's Barry Allen ****ing up timelines

Well, yes, but I was only ever planning to do two of those anyway. If it makes you feel better, Alpharad said he might do a real one someday. >_>
Ah okay. Sorry, I just really did love them. They were so funny xD.

Well that's good to hear. Wait you know Alpharad? Do you know why he hated Robin so much?

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Wait you know Alpharad? Do you know why he hated Robin so much?
I don't know him personally, no, but I've been subscribed to his YouTube channel for a while. My best guess on the Robin deal is that he got burned out on making 101s after Ike, which was when people voted for him to do Robin next, and THAT unfortunate coincidence led to some folks drawing their own conclusions. Everyone loves a good controversy, right? =P

He did eventually make Robin 101, though, with help from the guy who made the unofficial Robin 101 and 102. As for Sonic 101, he kinda-sorta announced it in the description of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPNWuRuVPk

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
What about Joelle White for classic sonic? Or better yet, mariotehplumber for classic sonic?
You mean the "Everything at Nintendo is Hentai!!!!!111!" guy?

Ugh, I can't stand not going fast on these boards, so here's a topic starter:

Who here plays Marvel vs Capcom? I've been trying to get back in my groove for umvc3 since that's the other game I want to play competetiely. Also, EVERYONE MUST SIGNTE MVC4 PETITION!

Link here: https://www.change.org/p/walt-disne...twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive
If we're getting a MvC4 anytime soon, don't expect any X-Men or Fantastic Four characters.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
You mean the "Everything at Nintendo is Hentai!!!!!111!" guy?

If we're getting a MvC4 anytime soon, don't expect any X-Men or Fantastic Four characters.
Oh... I meant Jaleel White. My b.

Knowing Capcom it'll probably take another 5 years for them to actually get around to it (I'll be outta college by then XP), which should be plenty of time for things to happen in MvC's favor. Plus I think that that article was made before Capcom got the licenses back from Disney, but who knows. But Capcom has actually been treating their fans better than they used to from what I've heard, so it wouldn't surprise me if they delayed the game so they could get the licenses to X Men and maybe Fantastic Four (could go without the latter though).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh... I meant Jaleel White. My b.

Knowing Capcom it'll probably take another 5 years for them to actually get around to it (I'll be outta college by then XP), which should be plenty of time for things to happen in MvC's favor. Plus I think that that article was made before Capcom got the licenses back from Disney, but who knows. But Capcom has actually been treating their fans better than they used to from what I've heard, so it wouldn't surprise me if they delayed the game so they could get the licenses to X Men and maybe Fantastic Four (could go without the latter though).
If no Fantastic Four means no Doctor Doom, then that loses a lot of my interest in a potential MvC4.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
If no Fantastic Four means no Doctor Doom, then that loses a lot of my interest in a potential MvC4.
True, it would mean no doom, but like I said, Capcom will probably find a way to buy the licenses they need before they release the full game (or even announce it if need be). And before you say that "Capcom doesn't care about their fans", this isn't 2012, Capcom has changed their ways. And even so, that one article was WAAAAAAYYYYYY to assumptiuous and didn't even bother asking anyone at Capcom about why they made their decisions for some reason. In case you don't know what article I'm talking about, it's an article called "Does Capcom Hate Megaman? Yes, Yes They do" made by some manchild who whined about not getting everything he wanted instead of using that pink ball of slush called a brain to try and request an interview to find out why.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ugh, I can't stand not going fast on these boards, so here's a topic starter:

Who here plays Marvel vs Capcom? I've been trying to get back in my groove for umvc3 since that's the other game I want to play competetiely. Also, EVERYONE MUST SIGNTE MVC4 PETITION!

Link here: https://www.change.org/p/walt-disne...twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive

But... but that means Deadpool too.....

Why????

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
But... but that means Deadpool too.....

Why????

Deadpool is technically a part of the X-Men franchise. It's a lot like what Donkey Kong and maybe Wario are to the Mario universe. Each has his own series, but they started off as Mario characters. I'm hoping that this rule expires in time for mvc4's realease so badly.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Deadpool is technically a part of the X-Men franchise. It's a lot like what Donkey Kong and maybe Wario are to the Mario universe. Each has his own series, but they started off as Mario characters. I'm hoping that this rule expires in time for mvc4's realease so badly.
Yeah i know.

But it's just Deadpool has just become so much of his own character and series, it just seems so unfair that he has to go down in the same ship as the X-men.

I just hope Fox can give back the rights so that the X-Men can shine again

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
All this talk about MvC has gotten me thinking: there is a HUGE pool of Marvel characters that could be playable outside of X-Men and F4. Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman, Avengers, Secret Avengers, Dr. Strange, SO many other universes. And the maximoff twins are more of a special case with the rights to be used.

But, I think Fox may have given the F4 license back to Marvel after how poorly the movie was received.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's official

The United States of America has died in 2016

I am sorry to you all that must bear the burden that is to come

All this talk about MvC has gotten me thinking: there is a HUGE pool of Marvel characters that could be playable outside of X-Men and F4. Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman, Avengers, Secret Avengers, Dr. Strange, SO many other universes. And the maximoff twins are more of a special case with the rights to be used.

But, I think Fox may have given the F4 license back to Marvel after how poorly the movie was received.
QuickSliver would be pretty cool as sort of Marvel's version of the Flash

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
It's official

Hey, I only voted for him because Clinton would've slowly destroyed the country imo, but let's not get into it. Come into America and suffer with us :demon:

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I was not a fan of either candidate. In the very short term, what I fear most is families on opposite sides breaking apart, friendships shattered, relationships permanently ruined once the result ended up surfacing. I feel I can say I know for a fact this would have happened en mass regardless of who got elected.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not American, but I'm honestly horrified that a person who was running on a position of open bigotry was even a legitimate candidate, let alone one who could win an election in this day and age.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I didn't vote for either major party candidate; neither was a good choice honestly.

I just feel bad for all the people who voted for Harambe.
Their dreams are crushed.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
People on twitter are really concerned and dissapointed. Mostly because this means that people like MKLeo and Leffen may start having trouble actually getting in the country again. And what worries me most is that Trump is just going to deny tem access to country and trying to justify it with what Hyuga did at Evo this year, even though there have been infinitely more Smash related abuse stories that are at least five times worse than Hyuga's situation (Alex Strife anyone?)

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
...Mostly because this means that people like MKLeo and Leffen may start having trouble actually getting in the country again. And what worries me most is that Trump is just going to deny tem access to country...(Alex Strife anyone?)
Quite honestly, I highly doubt that.
While I'm not fond of Trump, I don't really believe that Trump is going to deny people access to the country.
Sure, he's spouted non-sense about building a wall and deporting people, but we all know that won't happen (because it's costly and pointless).
He's just a blowhard that speaks before he thinks. And on the chance that he does do anything like that? Well, that's what we have other branches of government for.
I'm not concerned.
Just to make a point however: to some extent we would have this same problem with Hillary if she followed through with her promises about Russia; Incoming/outgoing travelers to the U.S. would likely be caught in the crossfire.
Either way, America really didn't win this election.

Any suggestions for 2020?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
While I'm not fond of Trump, I don't really believe that Trump is going to deny people access to the country.
Sure, he's spouted non-sense about building a wall and deporting people, but we all know that won't happen (because it's costly and pointless).
He's just a blowhard that speaks before he thinks. And on the chance that he does do anything like that? Well, that's what we have other branches of government for.
I'm not concerned.
Just to make a point however: to some extent we would have this same problem with Hillary if she followed through with her promises about Russia; Incoming/outgoing travelers to the U.S. would likely be caught in the crossfire.

That definitely assuages my fears a little bit; thanks fam.

I honestly don't mind the fact that Trump is rude, because let's all be realistic: if your entire opinion of someone is solely based around how rude thu are, then you have a shallow understanding of humanity and subpar view on life. If people are blunt, they're like that for a good reason (I'm the same way for reasons I shouldn't get into).

I do have plans for 2020, though: I'm gonna make sure that I've been going out with this one friend of mine for a good amount of time and then propose to her shortly after she graduates college. Buuuuuut first I have to actually ask her out XP.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
It's official

Given who and what both candidates were, I doubt anybody with their heads on straight didn't see it coming. But, this is the world we live in. America will survive, even if it has to change to do so.

And if Trump really does end Obamacare like he's promising (lol presidential promises), at least it won't be a total wash.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey, I only voted for him because Clinton would've slowly destroyed the country imo, but let's not get into it. Come into America and suffer with us :demon:
?!?!? You voted for Trump?! TRAITOR

Just joking. But seriously, while Clinton is just as bad of a choice as Trump, Trump really isn't the person that should ever have the power his got.

Lets just hope the republics can find a way to kick him out and replace him with someone at least half decent

I was not a fan of either candidate. In the very short term, what I fear most is families on opposite sides breaking apart, friendships shattered, relationships permanently ruined once the result ended up surfacing. I feel I can say I know for a fact this would have happened en mass regardless of who got elected.
It should have been Bernie.

I'm not American, but I'm honestly horrified that a person who was running on a position of open bigotry was even a legitimate candidate, let alone one who could win an election in this day and age.
Exactly
Either way though, the interent has explode as a results. So many memes....

People on twitter are really concerned and dissapointed. Mostly because this means that people like MKLeo and Leffen may start having trouble actually getting in the country again. And what worries me most is that Trump is just going to deny tem access to country and trying to justify it with what Hyuga did at Evo this year, even though there have been infinitely more Smash related abuse stories that are at least five times worse than Hyuga's situation (Alex Strife anyone?)
Actually that is a pretty big concern

Though honestly I doubt he will ever be able to do that.

If he does, be his basically going against everything the UN stands for and stopping peoples basic human rights

Then again, something very similar is happening here in Australia....

I'm not concerned.

I remember before I used to absolutely hate Trump and want Hilary to win just so he didn't get power.

And while i still do hate Trump, after watching a video by AGradeUnderA, I can say in hindsight that was really dumb of me. Seriously, out of all the people in America, these two were the best to offer for presidency?

Given who and what both candidates were, I doubt anybody with their heads on straight didn't see it coming. But, this is the world we live in. America will survive, even if it has to change to do so.

And if Trump really does end Obamacare like he's promising (lol presidential promises), at least it won't be a total wash.
Hope. Either way, I am really worried about the possibility of another war

Idk much about the systems in the US, so i can't really comment on that.

I do have plans for 2020, though: I'm gonna make sure that I've been going out with this one friend of mine for a good amount of time and then propose to her shortly after she graduates college. Buuuuuut first I have to actually ask her out XP.
That is some everrr far ahead planning. Not to be that guy, but you might want to to think about what is happen now and then go from there

Just too many things could happen for it to go all perfectly

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
This is the longest thing that I've ever had to friggin quote:

?!?!? You voted for Trump?! TRAITOR

Just joking. But seriously, while Clinton is just as bad of a choice as Trump, Trump really isn't the person that should ever have the power his got.

Lets just hope the republics can find a way to kick him out and replace him with someone at least half decent

Actually that is a pretty big concern

Though honestly I doubt he will ever be able to do that.

If he does, be his basically going against everything the UN stands for and stopping peoples basic human rights

Then again, something very similar is happening here in Australia....

That is some everrr far ahead planning. Not to be that guy, but you might want to to think about what is happen now and then go from there

Just too many things could happen for it to go all perfectly
It's also cause apparently I'm Republican and so is the rest of my family except for my gay brother. But I wanted either John Kasich or Ted Cruz (Marco Rubio would've worked for me too though).

Yeah, but poor ZeRo was taking it really hard even though he is legally a citizen of the US and Trump can't deport him or anything like that, and I was thinking that maybe Trump would do some of the things that he said he would do (the wall, deportation, etc.), but like how it was said earlier: Congress can easily avoid it. Plus I heard that he'll eventually get impeached anyway, so there's that. But I still stand about how Trump would take the whole Hyuga situation and use it as ammo against the Smash community (or esports as a whole) if he won't use it exclusively against Mexico.

Oh, and YOUR OPINIONS ON MY LOVE LIFE ARE FUTILE!

Nah jk, I understand what you're saying, but I'm predicting all the possible outcomes and trying to see how I can respond to them in my own favor. Worst case scenario she gets a boyfriend before me, but knowing her that's not gonna happen tbh because of the kind of person she is :p

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
But I still stand about how Trump would take the whole Hyuga situation and use it as ammo against the Smash community (or esports as a whole) if he won't use it exclusively against Mexico.
I understand your concern, but you need to realize that the event you are referring to cannot be used single handedly against our community by Trump. I can assure you that it won't happen. It is too particular of an event to justify anything against the Smash or esports community.
Don't worry about it buddy.

And I thought I was concerned about 2016's candidtates.
Hahaha

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
This is the longest thing that I've ever had to friggin quote:

It's also cause apparently I'm Republican and so is the rest of my family except for my gay brother. But I wanted either John Kasich or Ted Cruz (Marco Rubio would've worked for me too though).

Yeah, but poor ZeRo was taking it really hard even though he is legally a citizen of the US and Trump can't deport him or anything like that, and I was thinking that maybe Trump would do some of the things that he said he would do (the wall, deportation, etc.), but like how it was said earlier: Congress can easily avoid it. Plus I heard that he'll eventually get impeached anyway, so there's that. But I still stand about how Trump would take the whole Hyuga situation and use it as ammo against the Smash community (or esports as a whole) if he won't use it exclusively against Mexico.

Oh, and YOUR OPINIONS ON MY LOVE LIFE ARE FUTILE!

Nah jk, I understand what you're saying, but I'm predicting all the possible outcomes and trying to see how I can respond to them in my own favor. Worst case scenario she gets a boyfriend before me, but knowing her that's not gonna happen tbh because of the kind of person she is :p
Sorry i quoted a lot of people

Well I do mean to degrade our lifestyle or anything, but I really don't think someone like Trump is really going to care much about anything to do with competitive Smash game play and the people that come to play it

But I got all my information for Relationship Expert Markiplier No.4

Yeah I mean that's fair enough. Though just like Barry Allen and Tony Stark, you may be able to predict most futures, but you can't predict them all

And I thought I was concerned about 2016's candidtates.
Hahaha
Honestly, I was really hoping that Deadpool would have been able to become the 2016 USA president

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
What I am most peeved about is those who voted for memes like "Harambe". I've gotten conflicting information on if any voted for him at all, but the whole concept just burns me up.

In other news, I woke up today at 7 to the sound of my dorm's fire alarm going off (my guess is popcorn). What a great way to start my birthday.

Top Bottom