• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
So I just said: **** pirating. I need my Smash 3DS back. And so I updated my 3DS, not because I had it hacked, because I was waiting for an online hack. But I just couldn't wait anymore. So I have been having so much fun with Smash 3DS once again.

Also: My 3DS always turns off when I move the screen a little bit :(

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
btw, if you guys have one minute and a twitter account, please consider retweeting this: https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/803743971935592448

You'll make the ~15 Brawl fans really happy. ♥

:196:
It already reached its goal. Yeah :D I honestly miss competetive brawl.
Speaking fo chicago, anybody going to UGC this weekend?
That's where it is? Can't go anyway; I have a band concert that I need to be in. BTW, random question, but are you and KID GOGGLES the same person?

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Get ready to add another Blue Blur main to the list! What's up?
Greetings! Just another day in the Sonic social, but no news is good news, eh?

Here's a video from my subscription feed. Seems like Alpharad is a closet Sonic fan after all.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Say what now?

*one Google search later*

Oh, that's actually really cool! Marvel vs. Capcom isn't my jam, but it's good to see they at least remembered X exists.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
They've always remembered his existence; I think the whole exclusion of Megaman in certain things was just Capcom mad at Inafune leaving or something. Even so they put him in Project X Zone and Project X Zone 2. IDK where people got the whole "Capcom hates Megaman" thing. Like I said: the one Capcom hates Megaman article was made by a manchild.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
They've always remembered his existence; I think the whole exclusion of Megaman in certain things was just Capcom mad at Inafune leaving or something. Even so they put him in Project X Zone and Project X Zone 2. IDK where people got the whole "Capcom hates Megaman" thing. Like I said: the one Capcom hates Megaman article was made by a manchild.
Probably something between canceling a bunch of games (Legends 3, Universe, etc), Inafune leaving the company, no new games made since MM10, and the untimely joke character of BBA Megaman in SFxTekken. This combined with Ace Attorney Investigations 2 not being localized and the DMC reboot gave a bunch of dissent towards Capcom.

That has lessened however, since Mighty No 9 was poorly received, Inafune was lambasted for shady business practices, Megaman got into Sm4sh, and Konami took up the mantle as least favorite AAA Game Company.

On a side note, does anyone here like Mighty No 9? I actually really like the game, but I haven't met anyone who likes it if they've played it, forget people even playing the game.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
As a solid backer of 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3, I can tell you that Inafune had little to do with Megaman's absences in recent years.
Capcom has effectively ignored Megaman and its fanbase for the past 5-6 years, excluding Sm4sh.

On a similar not, the joke Megaman character was planned before the big game canceling started - If I remember correctly, the community got an official apology from either Capcom, Inafune (If he was working on that project before he left), or a separate employee not long after release since it was deemed rather insensitive.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
As a solid backer of 100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Mega Man Legends 3, I can tell you that Inafune had little to do with Megaman's absences in recent years.
Capcom has effectively ignored Megaman and its fanbase for the past 5-6 years, excluding Sm4sh.

On a similar not, the joke Megaman character was planned before the big game canceling started - If I remember correctly, the community got an official apology from either Capcom, Inafune (If he was working on that project before he left), or a separate employee not long after release since it was deemed rather insensitive.
Inafune even agreed with BBA Megaman. It would have been funny under other circumstances, but because it happened after everything else, it made people mad, kinda like how Federation Force would have been liked if another main series game came after Other M.

Regarding Inafune, after the travesty that was X6 and X7, he was considered the father of Megaman so him leaving the company made people automatically side with him than Capcom. People probably assumed that Capcom stopped making Megaman games because Inafune left rather than the other way around.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Seeing how Mighty Number 9 went down was definitely an eye-opener for Mega Man fans. Sure, Capcom wasn't blameless, but Inafune isn't a saint either - he's just a guy with a team of game developers trying to curb the insatiable appetite of a ravenous fanbase. In hindsight, I would find it stranger if something didn't go wrong with his first soujourn outside of the blue bomber's parent company.

On another interesting note, after MN9's lukewarm reception people still wanted a good Mega Man game, so a little indie title called 20XX got some time in the limelight. The link's there for a reason. Lookit.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
On another interesting note, after MN9's lukewarm reception people still wanted a good Mega Man game, so a little indie title called 20XX got some time in the limelight. The link's there for a reason. Lookit.
Huh. The premise sounds like Megaman meets Binding of Isaac. Hopefully it won't have the religious symbolism (the Catholic part of me drives me away from touching that game. That and the gore/grossness).

On a side note, I remember another huge nail in the coffin of why people hated "Crapcom" years ago...

The "anniversary" game, Rockman Xover. For all intents and purposes, Rise of Lyric for Sonic would've been a better anniversary game than this for Megaman.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
We can only hope that Megaman makes a comeback one of these days. The Megaman show coming out sounds cool, but if the rumored game really is just a cash-in I'm worried for the quality.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal

The "anniversary" game, Rockman Xover. For all intents and purposes, Rise of Lyric for Sonic would've been a better anniversary game than this for Megaman.
Xover was a terrible "anniversary" game. Capcom needs to take notes from Sega. You know, the company that produced Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom.
Honestly though, I just want a conclusion to the Megaman Legends series; 2 had him stuck in space as a cliffhanger for 10+ years.
I'd also be interested in seeing Capcom try a different take on the franchise again like they did for BN and Starforce. Something other than the ZX series though. I have developed a deep running distaste for the character Zero thanks to Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
...but if the rumored game really is just a cash-in I'm worried for the quality.
Capcom loves cash-ins, so I won't hold my breath. I mean, there have been 7 versions of Street Fighter 2 alone. And Xover ended up being just another cash-in as well if I recall correctly.

On a separate note entirely - Lego Dimensions's Sonic set has a ridiculous amount of references. Is anyone else caught up with them?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
On a separate note entirely - Lego Dimensions's Sonic set has a ridiculous amount of references. Is anyone else caught up with them?
Everyone quotes themselves and their own songs, Knuckles lost the Master Emerald (again) and justifys it in that at least he's good at punching stuff, Big lost Froggy who got kidnapped by the Carnival Night Zone Barrel, Shadow fully has his memory and decides to uphold Maria's wish to bring hope to humanity...through the use of flower arrangements, Amy is tired of being left behind and wants R E S P E C T, Chaos 0 is the final boss, and Knuckles hates Shadow using guns.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I originally thought that Xover was a fanmade facebook game or something. There is no way that that could've been real.
I have developed a deep running distaste for the character Zero thanks to Tatsunoko vs Capcom.
How so? And why Tatsunoko? Literally the first person who dislikes Zero before mvc3/umvc3.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I originally thought that Xover was a fanmade facebook game or something. There is no way that that could've been real.

How so? And why Tatsunoko? Literally the first person who dislikes Zero before mvc3/umvc3.
Did you play Tatsunoko at all while it had a competitive presence? Zero was among the 2 or 3 big broken characters in the game.
Think Sm4sh Cloud with much faster blade beam spam that could lock down matches.
I don't hate the character itself, but past experiences have made me dislike him.
I did enjoy Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom regardless.

Ohhhhh Xover was real alright. Too real for me.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Is Cloud really that hated in Sm4sh? I've never fought a Cloud in a tournament setting so I'm not sure about him.
I've played tournament clouds multiple times and I enjoy fighting them. I've always been an oddball, but cloud is actually my favorite character to fight in sm4sh. Honestly I think the cloud hate comes from people who think he's "too easy". He is, but why is that a problem? While the limit spammers are less fun, aside from that people really shouldn't be complaining about him, especially now that people have figured out how to exploit his bad recovery easier.

If I were to pick my least favorite characters to fight in a tourney it would be a tie between luigis and campy diddys. Campy diddy is the only remotely frustrating one because monkey flips are difficult to punish and the bananas can be held onto for days on end. That and fighting a luigi is like having to stare at a wall for a long period of time; it's not hard to do, not fun, and win or lose I accomplish nothing. At least puff has air mobility and rest while ganon has strength and robin has pressuring projectiles (which I have recently learned that arcfire can be shield DI'd to avoid the traps). Luigi has the occasional fireball and janky cyclone and......all I have to do is not get grabbed and camp him out. Aside from the pros (ironically Concon is actually one of my favorite Sm4sh players and Elegant is cool too (especially since we're the same age (#sen17rz))) fighting a luigi is like fighting my 9 year old cousin and/this manchild freshman in band I have to put up with a lot (even though he's not in my section or even in the percussion for that matter); slow, boring, and I can sleep on him for days and never lose.

Geez I went on like 7 different tangents in one paragraph lol.

Did you play Tatsunoko at all while it had a competitive presence? Zero was among the 2 or 3 big broken characters in the game.
Think Sm4sh Cloud with much faster blade beam spam that could lock down matches.
I don't hate the character itself, but past experiences have made me dislike him.
I did enjoy Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom regardless.
I actually did play TvC when I was in middle school. Back then I didn't understand the qcf, qcr, and shoryu motions, so I just messed around with the wiimote and nunchuck. I knew that Zero was considered the best in the game, but I never knew why. My mains back then were Volnutt and Tekkeman. I would also use VJoe, Saki, TBlade, and then Zero. I immediately knew that Zero had some notable combo potential even though my knowledge of the game was on par with Stephen King in actually making a scary movie: almost nonexistent. My real question is what the fox [mccloud] is Zero's lvl 3 in TvC? Where is that from?

While we're still talking about Zero in Capcom fighters I would like to confess that I main Zero in mvc3 and umvc3 (in my defense I don't think that zero was that dominant in vanilla mvc3). I don't have him on my main team anymore, but he's just too much fun for me to drop altogether. Besides, I still need to learn them lightning loops :demon::demon:

On that note, I would indeed like him to return in Infinite (X and Zero is too good a team to ignore), but nerfed. Or at least remove buster canceling, as even I have to say that that's such a dumb mechanic.

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Zero is a much more balanced character in MvC3. TvC had some serious issues with broken characters: some players were even boo'd offstage at sponsored tournaments when they selected characters like Zero or PTX (PTX was literally unbeatable with only one or two relatively easy-to-pull-off combos, if I recall correctly).

As for Cloud, I wasn't referring to his character as a whole, mostly just his neutral B similarities.
However, if I had to take a guess as to why people get upset with him, it probably has to do with his ability to carry. It's not game breaking (probably), but it can lead to some...frustrating matches at times.

Honestly, Cloud seems to be the best carry character I've seen so far (other than pre-patch Bayonetta of course).
More precisely, he has the ability to haul competent level players to a level where they can compete with a mid-high to (more rarely) high skill level player. (low skilled players won't be carried like they could with Bayo)
I mean, I've seen people literally pick up Cloud and almost completely wipe a scene after only a middling bit of practice.
It doesn't make him broken, no; but it can leave a lot of players wondering if something needs to be changed or fixed.
THAT is likely why many players dislike Cloud.
As for me, I'm just tired of running into him 24/7 in tourneys or Online.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The problem with TVC was the same as many other old fighters: The lack of updates and rebalancing.
I really enjoyed that game.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
A new Crash game? That's pretty cool. I never played a game with a bandicoot in it, but I'm happy that the fanbase can finally have a new game to enjoy and I'm happy for the developers for actually going through with a Crash game for once as they canceled two different crash games before.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Huh. The premise sounds like Megaman meets Binding of Isaac. Hopefully it won't have the religious symbolism (the Catholic part of me drives me away from touching that game. That and the gore/grossness).
Nah, it sticks pretty close to the styling of Mega Man X as far as thematic elements go. The worst it gets is about as creepy as some parts of your average Metroid game, and that's only in very specific randomly-generated spots - most of the time it feels like a straight Mega Man game, with a dash of tongue-in-cheek humor if you read the flavor text.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
btw, if you guys have one minute and a twitter account, please consider retweeting this: https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/803743971935592448

You'll make the ~15 Brawl fans really happy. ♥

I did, glad it reached the goal.
Get ready to add another Blue Blur main to the list! What's up?
Welcome. Run away while you still can.
Is Cloud really that hated in Sm4sh? I've never fought a Cloud in a tournament setting so I'm not sure about him.
Yes.

I assure you though that Bayonetta is still stupider.

:093:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
A new Crash game? That's pretty cool. I never played a game with a bandicoot in it, but I'm happy that the fanbase can finally have a new game to enjoy and I'm happy for the developers for actually going through with a Crash game for once as they canceled two different crash games before.
Wait are you saying that you've never played a Crash Bandicoot game in your life?

:135:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
For no particular reason I have decided to replay all of the Sonic games I own and then finish Unleashed.
Wait are you saying that you've never played a Crash Bandicoot game in your life?

Never. I was pretty much raised by a Gamecube (cause my real mommy and daddy never did squat :p) and didn't even know about the PS1 until my brother bought his own PS3 in 2007.?

I'm probably the one gamer on the planet that has never used a PS2. Nintendo has manufactured a good portion of my life, so Sony games and consoles have been rather a pass for me in my childhood. Then I got to use my brother's PS3 to play Rathet & Clank Tools of Destruction and LittleBig Planet. They were both incredibly fun to play. Then I bought my own PS3 and got into other R&C games as well as my favorite Sony franchise: Sly Cooper. I also played Ape Escape which while kinda boring and slow was still okay. And Playstation Allstars Battle Royale apart from the odd name is one of the best and most underrated fighters out there. And now I need to get a PS4 with Tales of Berseria, MvCI, and Final Fantasy Dissidia PS4.

Despite my newlyfound interest into Sony games, I STILL haven't gotten around to playing a Crash game. The bandicoot and fam have been stuck in the backburner of the backburner for quite a while now.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
As far as PlayStation platformers, I was a Spyro person myself. My favorite games on that console were definitely the Digimon Worlds 1-3, even tho I know none of them aged too well.
Funny, I've never played Spyro in my life. Nor Digimon

Never. I was pretty much raised by a Gamecube (cause my real mommy and daddy never did squat :p) and didn't even know about the PS1 until my brother bought his own PS3 in 2007.?

I'm probably the one gamer on the planet that has never used a PS2. Nintendo has manufactured a good portion of my life, so Sony games and consoles have been rather a pass for me in my childhood. Then I got to use my brother's PS3 to play Rathet & Clank Tools of Destruction and LittleBig Planet. They were both incredibly fun to play. Then I bought my own PS3 and got into other R&C games as well as my favorite Sony franchise: Sly Cooper. I also played Ape Escape which while kinda boring and slow was still okay. And Playstation Allstars Battle Royale apart from the odd name is one of the best and most underrated fighters out there. And now I need to get a PS4 with Tales of Berseria, MvCI, and Final Fantasy Dissidia PS4.

Despite my newlyfound interest into Sony games, I STILL haven't gotten around to playing a Crash game. The bandicoot and fam have been stuck in the backburner of the backburner for quite a while now.
It's weird since basically 90% of the games you just mention i've nevre played (I am also a Nintendo kid)

But I used to go to day care a lot and the pub and they had PS1 and PS2 (respectively) both having Crash Bandicoot and my good was it the most fun i had every had as a child

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Funny, I've never played Spyro in my life. Nor Digimon

It's weird since basically 90% of the games you just mention i've nevre played (I am also a Nintendo kid)

But I used to go to day care a lot and the pub and they had PS1 and PS2 (respectively) both having Crash Bandicoot and my good was it the most fun i had every had as a child

While Crash was more linear in terms of platforming (I think), the original Spyro games were more of collect-athons like Mario 64 or Banjo. I mainly played the 3rd one, but I think I'd have some difficulty completing some levels now, what with my phobias of manta rays and dead birds popping up since I last played it. :226:

Digimon was...more eclectic in game style than Pokémon. The first one was an open world (by that I mean you are literally told nothing and even the Prima Guides were stumped) monster raising/battling game (it's difficult to describe) and the plot is a kid from a realistic world is pulled into the Digital World and does stuff.

The second one is a dungeon crawler/turn based RPG where you are part of a security force in a hybrid real-digital world as part of Team Valor, Team Mystic, or Team Instinct.

The third one is a traditional RPG with a plot that's basically SAO or .//Hack.

The fourth one, the first one on the PS2 now, was a real time hack 'n slash based off of an edgy OVA that never made it across the water (the OVA I mean).

Who knows what happened after that...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
While Crash was more linear in terms of platforming (I think), the original Spyro games were more of collect-athons like Mario 64 or Banjo. I mainly played the 3rd one, but I think I'd have some difficulty completing some levels now, what with my phobias of manta rays and dead birds popping up since I last played it. :226:

Digimon was...more eclectic in game style than Pokémon. The first one was an open world (by that I mean you are literally told nothing and even the Prima Guides were stumped) monster raising/battling game (it's difficult to describe) and the plot is a kid from a realistic world is pulled into the Digital World and does stuff.

The second one is a dungeon crawler/turn based RPG where you are part of a security force in a hybrid real-digital world as part of Team Valor, Team Mystic, or Team Instinct.

The third one is a traditional RPG with a plot that's basically SAO or .//Hack.

The fourth one, the first one on the PS2 now, was a real time hack 'n slash based off of an edgy OVA that never made it across the water (the OVA I mean).

Who knows what happened after that...
Yeah Crash is much more a platorm than adventure game (think the original mario but 3d) The 3rd Crash Game? Honestly that is the easiest of the 3 imo (not include getting 100%)

Ah okay. Yeah I've always heard the Pokemon v Digimon debate and I really only know the Pokemon side

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
2016 has been a subpar year tbh (2015 of all years was better imo). I've definitely spent most of it lamenting instead of enjoying what should've been at least a half decent year. However, just so we don't constantly think about how bad this year was, I have an idea for a game we can play: in a post on this social thread, make a list of pros and cons that you've had for this year (nothing too personal, though) and if need be make a list of things that you're looking forward to in 2017. I'll go first:

+ TONS of awesome Smash tournaments such as CEO 2016, GOML 2016, Smash Con, Pound VI, and the Midwest Circuit.
- EVO 2016 shenanigans (at least for Smash 4).
- Cinema was pretty lousy, featuring some of the worst films ever (Norm of the North, Batman V Superman, etc.) and the exceptions barely went higher than "good" (except for Zootopia).
+ Got to go to my first tournament and finally got introduced to some of the top players in Indiana.
- Presidential shenanigans. Nuff said.....
+ Checked out a church that my friends from school go to.
+ Went to a CDYC event for said church.
+ I got to be pit section leader for this season.
- .....but I had to put up with this one noobie that randomly felt like containing a bottom tier attitude.
- There was also this one freshman in the sousaphone section who always acts like SUCH a big baby. But despite him being in a completely different section, I had to put up with his crap more than anyone.
+ Despite this, I don't think I've ever been closer to any of my senior/band friends than this year.
+For ONCE I'm having a half decent year in high school.
- I........got stuck with........the worst........in school internship..........EVAR!
+ My out of school internship, however, is actually really fun, and I get to go back next semester)
+ Got a better understanding of who I am (for one thing I learned that I'm ambidextrous).
+ I finally learned how to stop being an overly emotional little b**** around here :/
- I blacked out at school once and I STILL can never hear the end of it.
- There weren't a whole lot of particularly great games released this year (or at least I didn't play any games beyond the point of "good").
+ Hung out in DIDNEY WORLD! (Band trip).
- But it was cut short because some people randomly felt like complaining because they apparently were not having a good time there (which I don't even know how that's possible).

Now for what I'm looking forward to in 2017:

• Graduating high school and moving on to college.
  • Sonic Mania
  • Sonic 2017
  • Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
  • Final Fantasy Dissidia PS4
  • Tales of Berseria
  • Ability to go to more Smash tournaments.
  • Ability to go to Marvel tournaments.
Who wants to go next?

Top Bottom