• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I'll give it a whirl.

+ HUGE tax return thanks to being married
- Got screwed out of health insurance, so I'm paying almost $700 for next year's tax season (thanks Obama)
+ Doctor Strange
+ Captain America: Civil War
+ 20XX
+ DOOM
+ FF9 on Steam
+ Minimum wage bump
+ New house
+ New car
- Cat died
+ Got a new cat
- New cat doesn't like cuddling >=(
- Satellite internet, which means no more online gaming
+ No more rage as a result of online gaming
+ Rediscovered my love for writing
- In-laws are still cranky
+ Domino's has salad now
- It's expensive
+ My mom left her terrible husband and got a teaching job
- A bunch of cool people died
- Election was a no-win situation
+ Saving money on car insurance by switching to Geico
+ Got health insurance for next year
+ Made some videos that people really like
+ Found a good recipe for chocolate chip cookies
- Lots of terrible memes going around
+ "We Are Number One" is pretty good though
+ SiIvaGunner is uploading again
+ Everyone I know and love, plus myself, is still alive (not counting those who passed in years before)

As for future hopes, all I'm really thinking about right now is whether to get a PS4 or a new computer. Oh, and to write enough of a coherent story to show off at some point.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
-One of my best friends passed away this year.

I don't really feel like listing anything else. Nothing else this year, good or bad, could compare to that terrible day. On the same token, stuff we used to talk about like Fire Emblem, RWBY, Pokémon, Death Note, etc don't feel the same anymore.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
Wow, that really sucks. I had a close friend that passed 2 years ago because of a condition he was born with that gave him a super weak heart. None of the animes/shows/games we were into give me good feelings nowadays.

Hope you're alright.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
From what I heard, he got a headache one day which turned out to be a brain cyst. He went into surgery, was comatose for 1.5 weeks where they had to pull the plug. I'm getting better I think.

Thank you.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
What I'm looking forward to in 2017?
It's not 2016.

EDIT: Oi. After I clicked on the update page it only showed me 1 of the 5 new posts. I missed everything else.
Sorry for your loss man.

Last edited:

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
+This a pretty chill year for me, been in my house playing my favourite games.
+Got a new 360 controller for my PC that is working nicely (sometimes it does disconnect when I move the cable).
+Been recording some of my favourite movies.
+Found out that there is a site with japanese dub Astro Boy 2003, which is one of my favourite Astro Boy series ever.
+Loving the 80's version too.
+My Alienware 17 arrived on february, and I have been soooo happy with it. I can finally play more games that I never could have imagined.

-Some really huge fights that my parents had that almost separated our whole family.
-My friends haven't been too good. So it hurts to see them suffer.
-Still haven't been able to do more things, other than staying in my house.

Next year for me is gonna be for changes. Entering high school for the first time, going out more and ****. This year was really really chill for me quite honestly. I really did like it.

Luig

Confused
- I've been way less active on this site this year and I really want to be more active next year because you guys are actually great
+ 9th grade has been better than 8th grade
+ I got a new computer monitor (it's over 100hz and it's really nice but my computer is from my grandparents and it's like 2005 so I'm gonna build a new one for christmas)
and uhhhh
2016 hasn't been very eventful

well in my life at least
overall it's been not so good

but hey
at least it gave us some good memes
and also some really bad ones
oh yeah I just remembered
- harambe

Last edited:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Not studying is one thing, but completely bs-ing the entirety of my final papers is my favorite way to end a semester.
Huh. I guess this is the Sonic boards. Would that be bsbs-ing then? Meh.
It's even better when I still get an A in that class.
But It's also worse when another class that I tried hard to get an A in gets me C-. :ohwell:
"College"

Luig

Confused
Semester tests were really easy and boring yesterday and the day before.
We had an hour and thirty minutes for each, but they only take like 20 minutes so you end up just sitting around on your phones for the rest of the period.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
This semester I only had 2 tests, 2 reports, and a bunch of stuff for my Senior Design project. I was genuinely excited working on the paper for Video Game Philosophy tho. 'Twas about analysis of drug addiction in video games and how it it is portrayed, if at all.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Here's a story. I was work one day listening to music while i was cleaning up. It was near the end of my shift and felt like listening to some Sonic music

So i put on Windmill Isle (day) and was really enjoying it. Then someone who i was working came in and sort listen to it as well as we cleaned.

When the song had finished, they asked "What was that? Wii Menu music?"

I literally stared at him for a good minute, complete gobsmacked. I know not everyone in the world listen to it, but I honestly could not figure out how they got Wii menu music from Windmill Isle.

:135:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
There's still a boatload of ignorance out there when it comes to video games. People only think they know our hobby. =P

In other news, I finally cleared Darksiders out of my backlog. Pretty good game, but the number of ideas it cribbed wholesale from other games is hilarious. Legend of Zelda and God of War were the big ones, but there were also bits of Devil May Cry, Portal, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, and Final Fantasy VII. It really is an artifact of its time. XD

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
There's still a boatload of ignorance out there when it comes to video games. People only think they know our hobby. =P

In other news, I finally cleared Darksiders out of my backlog. Pretty good game, but the number of ideas it cribbed wholesale from other games is hilarious. Legend of Zelda and God of War were the big ones, but there were also bits of Devil May Cry, Portal, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, and Final Fantasy VII. It really is an artifact of its time. XD
Yeah true. What still annoys me a lot how some still believe that playing games like COD and stuff will make you more aggressive and violent. Like i don't deny that you can be influenced by these games, it's just the the fact that you can be influence by all media to be obsessed with guns and unless you are complete idiot, you are very unlike to try anything in real life that happens in say GTA. Though there have been some incidents of it :/

Darksiders? I've heard of it but don't really know it

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
If you really think about it, it has little to do with the game itself; you can be influenced by whatever arbitrary thing you come across, but at the end of the day it's still YOUR choice to do these actions. Doing an illegal action and saying that it was because of how it happened in video games is the equivalent of a child breaking a fancy plate or something and blaming it on his sibling for making him do it. Regardless of who told who to brake the plate, it was still you that broke it, stupid child; blaming some ambiguous entity isn't going to make any difference.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Video games are the new rock'n'roll. It's the "hip cool thing" that the last generation doesn't understand, so they'll do whatever they can to squash it out. At the very least, it's not as crazy as it was when Jack Thompson was on the scene.
Darksiders? I've heard of it but don't really know it
The short version is that you play as War, Horseman of the Apocalypse, and you're caught in the middle of a big screw-up which results in the world ending before it was supposed to. The story goal of the game is to figure out what happened and who did it. It borrows Zelda's level structure and several of its items, along with God of War's combat system and all the other bits and pieces I mentioned earlier. (Not to be confused with Darkstalkers, the fighting game that Morrigan comes from!)

I'll let TVTropes handle the long version.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Video games are the new rock'n'roll. It's the "hip cool thing" that the last generation doesn't understand, so they'll do whatever they can to squash it out. At the very least, it's not as crazy as it was when Jack Thompson was on the scene.

The short version is that you play as War, Horseman of the Apocalypse, and you're caught in the middle of a big screw-up which results in the world ending before it was supposed to. The story goal of the game is to figure out what happened and who did it. It borrows Zelda's level structure and several of its items, along with God of War's combat system and all the other bits and pieces I mentioned earlier. (Not to be confused with Darkstalkers, the fighting game that Morrigan comes from!)

I'll let TVTropes handle the long version.
ahah that is surprisingly accurate. I don't know who Jack Thompson is though

That actually sounds really interesting. I might give it more of an in look now

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
Jack Thompson is a lawyer who has a powerful distaste for video games and considers them the "scum of the earth" and things like that. He hasn't been relevant since he was permanently disbarred in 2008, so we shouldn't be hearing anything from him anytime soon.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Jack Thompson is a lawyer who has a powerful distaste for video games and considers them the "scum of the earth" and things like that. He hasn't been relevant since he was permanently disbarred in 2008, so we shouldn't be hearing anything from him anytime soon.

So he wasted his perfectly good skills on a hobby that really is no different to that of movies and yet decide to think it was as bad as the effects of drugs on our society (over exaggeration but i was just making a point)

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
So he wasted his perfectly good skills on a hobby that really is no different to that of movies and yet decide to think it was as bad as the effects of drugs on our society (over exaggeration but i was just making a point)

Pretty much sums it up.

But he also had some constitutional issues with the Florida Bar. Thompson filed so many complaints in fact that the court considered it harrassment.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Pretty much sums it up.

But he also had some constitutional issues with the Florida Bar. Thompson filed so many complaints in fact that the court considered it harrassment.

And it's people like this is the reason why we can't have nice things

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
Merry Christmas! Here's hoping nothing too crazy happens to you guys during your celebrations.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Sorry I'm a day late,

But MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND A GOOD NIGHT!!

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Well, I don't have anything witty to say.
So......
Merry Christmas all!

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
DO I GET THE FIRST POST OF 2017!?!

By some criteria, maybe.

Happy new year, everyone.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
A little late, but hope y'all had a Happy New Year!

Guess I should change the title, huh?

:093:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm really looking forward to finding out more about that 25th anniversary game.

Sonic Colours and Generations (as well as the daytime stages for Unleashed) were easily my favourites in terms of 3D Sonic levels (while Adventure 1 and 2 were good, they suffered from too many bottomless pits and whatnot), and I'm extremely glad that they're apparently continuing with that style.

Last edited:

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I honestly can't tell which Sonic games are my favorites anymore lol. I used to easily say Colors, but during my epic Sonic game marathon (which I'm still in the process of continuing btw), getting to Colors and playing through it again bothered me for some reason. I still had fun, but I was apparently expecting more; it didn't feel as fast as say Unleashed or Generations. Heck, Adventure 2 felt a little faster than Colors. I guess it's because some levels in Colors have more emphasis on the wisps and some platforming than speed in a few locations, but idk; it felt weird. Then I got to Starlight Carnival and all my concerns pretty much went away with the stunning visuals, awesome design, and higher speed overall, but I still can't automatically call it my favorite Sonic game anymore.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Speaking of Sonic Generations, I was playing it the other day on Crisis City and well... I sort of broke it
Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 10.25.10 am.png

i don't really know how i did it but i messed up the camera

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I drew a needlemouse (originally intended to be part of a bigger Christmas picture with a bunch of characters, but I left it too late so made it it's own picture).

Hope you likey.

Kudos if you recognise the pose.

sonic_drawing_web.png

hypersonicJD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
I don't have
3DS FC
2122-7467-7267
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a0vbDboZuM It truly is going to be an amazing year for Sonic. This is a 2006 Sonic PC Port, this port will be fixing many issues and bugs of 2006. Like for example using Light Speed Dash and instead getting the bounce bracelet attack. Or some janky physics. So please if you can, support them in their donation site.

Top Bottom