• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Sonic Says: Ultimate

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It does seem weird to ban an stages that were previously legal in past games.

And also still the stupid rules of having Mii's 1111

I get it would be too hard to have every Mii fighter main go and customise their Mii before every match, but it wouldn't be that hard to let the Miis have set moveset that are composed of their strongest moves.

E.g SwordFighters community gets together and agree something like 2322 is the best moveset for this fighter

:135:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I know that the following opinion is unpopular, but I still think that Umbra Clock Tower hasn't been given enough of a fair shake. All of its problems (camping on the under platform, walk offs, etc), save the background are all temporary and if FD hasn't been banned yet for the flash, that is not a reason from preventing this from being a counterpick. Also If Pokemon Stadium is still legal, I don't think Lylat should really be banned because they both have issues with characters falling through the stage in certain situations.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
One stage i never understood was banned was Konga Jungle 64. I mean sure it had the fall through platform problem but that as been mostly fixed in Smash 4 and the Barrel is no different to the Cloud guy on Yoshi's island or the Pillar guys on Yoshi's Story

All of its problems (camping on the under platform, walk offs, etc), save the background are all temporary and if FD hasn't been banned yet for the flash, that is not a reason from preventing this from being a counterpick. .
The Flash?

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
It does seem weird to ban an stages that were previously legal in past games.

It's not just that. Stages like Halberd and Castle Siege were legal in Brawl but illegal in Sm4sh because more characters could exploit the stages' mechanics in Sm4sh than in Brawl (Bayonetta and Bowser on Halberd for example). In the case of Lylat, however, if anything more characters were hindered by Lylat shenanigans in Brawl more than in Sm4sh because Sm4sh's Lylat has better ledges. I hope that the new ruleset is changed at some point because there are a TON of other things that I don't agree with.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
It's not just that. Stages like Halberd and Castle Siege were legal in Brawl but illegal in Sm4sh because more characters could exploit the stages' mechanics in Sm4sh than in Brawl (Bayonetta and Bowser on Halberd for example). In the case of Lylat, however, if anything more characters were hindered by Lylat shenanigans in Brawl more than in Sm4sh because Sm4sh's Lylat has better ledges. I hope that the new ruleset is changed at some point because there are a TON of other things that I don't agree with.
Okay that's fair enough then when the stages become more exploitable by only certain characters (or further more Top tier characters). But when it's something like what you are saying with Lylat, it just makes every little sense and makes the community seem very very picky

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I'm actually surprised that Duck Hunt hadn't come under fire until now, considering that x/y/z differences affects some hurtboxes.
The only real concern I have here is stage diversity and counterpick options.
I'm interested to see where this goes.
My local groups have been pretty quiet on the subject, but I do know one group intends to stick with the old in this case.
Doesn't matter too much for me right now though; college work this year has left me little time to practice, and as a result I got shut down after 1 match at the last event I went to.
College is great.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
One stage i never understood was banned was Konga Jungle 64. I mean sure it had the fall through platform problem but that as been mostly fixed in Smash 4 and the Barrel is no different to the Cloud guy on Yoshi's island or the Pillar guys on Yoshi's Story

The Flash?

Apparently for the same reason as Duck Hunt. And for this single match:

Regarding the flash, when the Earth and sun collide in FD, it creates a big flash of light before moving on to a sky setting. People have claimed that the flash is eye straining and distracting, and have tried to use it as grounds on why FD should be banned. Similarly, people have said the same about the spinning stage and angels in Umbra Clock Tower.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Apparently for the same reason as Duck Hunt. And for this single match:

Regarding the flash, when the Earth and sun collide in FD, it creates a big flash of light before moving on to a sky setting. People have claimed that the flash is eye straining and distracting, and have tried to use it as grounds on why FD should be banned. Similarly, people have said the same about the spinning stage and angels in Umbra Clock Tower.
Oh gez, that's disgusting.... I honestly can never believe it when people play like that. Sure it's fair enough to use the stage to help boost your characters advantages but when you do something like that it's just sad

Ah okay, I originally thought you meant Barry Allen came running across the Stage for some reason.
Still that is a pretty lame excuse none the less. Maybe if you were sensitive to bright lights or something but really it's just lame.
Spinning stages i can give a bit more since it can be quiet easy to get motion sick but how about rather then banning, give a warning before hand how you are effect by these stages.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
People in this community naturally have a fetish for banning things I swear. Their obssession with bans puts Lowtiergod and the competetive pokemon community to shame. While we're at it, why don't we just ban falco because he's not his melee self? Or how about we ban marth because of his tippers? Or how about we just ban playing the game in general?

Last edited:

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
EVO 2017: All fighting games are banned. Competitive Mario Party is the main event.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
People in this community naturally have a fetish for banning things I swear. Their obssession with bans puts ... the competetive pokemon community to shame.
Smogon is so ban-happy that even laughing at it doesn't feel right. Even top players in the competitive community admit that a fair few bans are done either too quickly or by a complicated majority vote.
There are plenty of valid bans though. At least we got some much-needed nerfs for Gen 7.

Conversely, Sm4sh's primary focus has basically been a party game with a competitive aspect. As such, a majority of the playable stages reflect that "Mario Party/Kart" mantra that good ol' Nintendo seems to love.
So many more stages would be competitively viable if you could switch off some stage's "features" or random "events".
"Mushroom Kindom U: Random level change with falling ice, geysers, and Nabbit!" Sums it up pretty well.
Or how about we ban marth because of his tippers?
Jokes aside, FE representation in Smash Bros. is the primary reason I'm beginning to dislike the series. Well, that and FE: Fates. I have spent literal hours debating what is wrong with that game with friends. Nothing needs to get banned though.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Jokes aside, FE representation in Smash Bros. is the primary reason I'm beginning to dislike the series. Well, that and FE: Fates. I have spent literal hours debating what is wrong with that game with friends. Nothing needs to get banned though.
But Roy's our Boy :4feroy: :(
Though in all seriousness I do even to this day feel like Roy was an unnecessary addition to the game. I would have like wither a new character franchise all together like Crash Bandicoot or Issac or an old franchise getting a new character (Star Fox/ F-Zero)

Wait you didn't like Fates? Why?

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
But Roy's our Boy :4feroy: :(
Wait you didn't like Fates? Why?
If I tried to actually list all the problems Fates had, I could write a several page paper.
My friend loves Fates, and we argue over this a lot. At this point, the tl;dr of the conclusion we came up with is:
Separating the story into 3 separate games + large roster = too many flat and static characters with little growth to propel the story.
Awakening had problems too, but I preferred it over Fates for many reasons. I also think Robin isthe best FE rep overall in terms of being true to source. I don't understand where tipper came from, and think I've already given my opinion on counters in this thread.

Don't get me wrong though - I did get excited when I heard Roy was coming as DLC; having more characters is always great. But my Melee days are probably the big reason why I dislike Marth/Lucina/Roy so much (and Fox).
Tipper is also...frustrating.
I totally applaud those who know how to space properly to use it, but when I get done in by a sheer luck tipper for a kill at 30%,
I just (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Oh well.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If I tried to actually list all the problems Fates had, I could write a several page paper.
My friend loves Fates, and we argue over this a lot. At this point, the tl;dr of the conclusion we came up with is:
Separating the story into 3 separate games + large roster = too many flat and static characters with little growth to propel the story.
Awakening had problems too, but I preferred it over Fates for many reasons. I also think Robin isthe best FE rep overall in terms of being true to source. I don't understand where tipper came from, and think I've already given my opinion on counters in this thread.

Don't get me wrong though - I did get excited when I heard Roy was coming as DLC; having more characters is always great. But my Melee days are probably the big reason why I dislike Marth/Lucina/Roy so much (and Fox).
Tipper is also...frustrating.
I totally applaud those who know how to space properly to use it, but when I get done in by a sheer luck tipper for a kill at 30%,
I just (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Oh well.
Ah okay yeah that's a valid point and you are right. Many of the characters are just.... there (Author and most of the retainers outside the support chats) . Thought i will admit that Fates combat system (Pair is improve but still a little strong) and graphics is definitely improved over Awakening (they actually have Feet!). But in the end I'm with you in that i prefer Awakening over Fates, especially for the Leveling up System (Fates is just really weird).

Yeah Robin is definitely the best out of all the FE characters. I mean seriously, he is the only on without a counter or some Foward down slash Fair.

Um, I don't really understand why Melee would make you hate Roy but I can understand with Fox and Marth. Even with only CPU's to verse, those two are the most annoying characters to play against, especially Fox D:<.
And even in Smash 4, Marth's Tippers are annoying. I literally can never hit them but a CPU can get me off stage then hit a Tip Fsmash and kill me at 40%. Honestly just wtf?!

That is why i always prefer Lucina (despite just being a last second clone) and Roy over Morth

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I don't hate Roy because of Melee, it's just a side effect of my dislike of Marth due to similarity. Honestly? I prefer Roy over Marth.
And Ike over Roy. And Robin over Ike.
Fates' basic combat system was better than Awakening: Spawning enemies don't auto-attack and pairs actions were less random.
Conversely, FE's typical heavy reliance on RNG over skill and Fates' level and game design really hurt the overall combat system more than help it here. And that's on a normal difficulty.
Take Conquest; the difficulty of levels is wildly inconsistent, to the point where some are so easily cheesed that you'd think that's how you were supposed to win. Some maps on hard/lunatic can be 2-turned, 2 person'd, or just steamrolled, while others take 40+ turns on a normal difficulty to pass. Awakening, even on lunatic, was more consistent.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
The only FE game I've ever played was Path of Radiance, so I have a bias for Ike. I will say this though: Sakurai, I know that you've never played a FE game before Awakening, but in what universe does Ike, a very young adult that clearly doesn't lift that much, "perfectly fit" the strong an slow type? Where did you see that in him? Normally I'd give him the benefit of te doubt for not knowing that Ike is literally the exact opposite character archetype (speed is his best strength and strength is one of his weakest), but when Ike was playable in Brawl, they didn't even use his RD design, which is [still a wrong but] more accurate portrayal of a strong and slow character.

I personally refuse to play Awakening and Fates. I'm personally not a fan of Robin or....Corrin (good GOD that's a terrible name). They aren't that fun to play as for me and both of their voices pretty much butcher once great VAs (David Vincent and Cam Clarke respectively). I can remember Etika saying how Robin was "smooth" and for some reason that triggered me so hard because David Vincent has played infinitely better characters, and Vincent's voice as Robin (at least in Smash) was about as suave as that one easily flustered geek who no one cares to socialize with because he sits in the back of the class and wears headgear. But ya know what? I'm willing to ignore all that after hearing Cam Clarke's role as Kamui. Oh.....my.......GOD!!!!! How the f*** could he have messed up this role so HAAARD?!?!? It sounds so cringeworthy that the word "cringe" itself is cringing so hard. Many people prefer the female Kamui for their own wet reasons [probably], but I prefer the female one because I can tolerate the female's voice way more. And even if I couldn't, it still wouldn't be a big deal to me because I'm nowhere near as familiar with the voice actress as much as I am familiar with Clarke. Let's jut say there's playing a bad role, there's staining their reputation, and then there's just flat out ASKING to be out of a job at voice acting. Now I'm done talking about it.

Also tippers really shouldn't be a big problem if you know how to exploit them, which shouldn't be too challenging for us given that we're sonics that can easily weave in and out of his sword's range and play with a marth's spacing. If you take the ime to grind the mu then you really shouldn't be having a lot of trouble with a standard marth. I was at a tourney one day and I 2-0'd the best marth player in my region, and keep in mind I lost to.....basically everyone else XP. And the marth main I faced has taken games and even sets off of ranked players in Indi.

You think fighting a melee marth CPU is annoying? Try fighting a standard marth PLAYER that has more melee exp than you.....as dr mario......AT A LOCAL STACKED ASF!!! And now you know why I play a different character in melee.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I don't have tipper problems with Sonic - typically, at least. Its usually when I play other characters that tipper becomes irritating.

It was my understanding that Sakurai likes the FE series and has played it quite a bit? I may be wrong there though.
Truthfully, I think that if you enjoyed PoR with Ike, you'll enjoy Awakening with Robin. Besides, there are a few different voices for Robin in Awakening anyway (if I remember correctly).
I like Corrin's design, but Fates was a little... meh. It's not a bad game though. Just not a phenomenal one.
Interestingly enough, I thought Robin's Sm4sh VA did an fine job. We may just perceive the character role differently. Robin's character is supposed to have a slightly awkward feel here and there according to the source material, so perhaps that's why.
Talking about bad VA roles? Lucario's Sm4sh VA. Passable, but also pass-overable.

Melee? I just quit Melee altogether honestly. I found it fun and invigorating for a long while, but over time it just began to feel boring and frustrating. I still keep up with some interesting matches every now and then, but I lack a sincere interest in Melee's competitive side like I do other entries in the series. And no, It's not just because of Fox and Marth; but they certainly don't help. Melee can be real fluid though - I'll give it that.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I don't hate Roy because of Melee, it's just a side effect of my dislike of Marth due to similarity. Honestly? I prefer Roy over Marth.
And Ike over Roy. And Robin over Ike.
Fates' basic combat system was better than Awakening: Spawning enemies don't auto-attack and pairs actions were less random.
Conversely, FE's typical heavy reliance on RNG over skill and Fates' level and game design really hurt the overall combat system more than help it here. And that's on a normal difficulty.
Take Conquest; the difficulty of levels is wildly inconsistent, to the point where some are so easily cheesed that you'd think that's how you were supposed to win. Some maps on hard/lunatic can be 2-turned, 2 person'd, or just steamrolled, while others take 40+ turns on a normal difficulty to pass. Awakening, even on lunatic, was more consistent.
Oh ahah fair enough then

Eh I never had a connect with Ike. Mostly cause I've never played an FE game before Awakening.

Yeah the RNG in Fates always did feel a little worst then it did in Awakening. Especially with the Skills. Or is that just me?
Oh tell me about that. I swear if I didn't have the exp dlc map my characters would have been at last 8 levels too weak for most of the maps.

The only FE game I've ever played was Path of Radiance, so I have a bias for Ike. I will say this though: Sakurai, I know that you've never played a FE game before Awakening, but in what universe does Ike, a very young adult that clearly doesn't lift that much, "perfectly fit" the strong an slow type? Where did you see that in him? Normally I'd give him the benefit of te doubt for not knowing that Ike is literally the exact opposite character archetype (speed is his best strength and strength is one of his weakest), but when Ike was playable in Brawl, they didn't even use his RD design, which is [still a wrong but] more accurate portrayal of a strong and slow character.
Eh i know nothing about Ike so Idk

I personally refuse to play Awakening and Fates. I'm personally not a fan of Robin or....Corrin (good GOD that's a terrible name). They aren't that fun to play as for me and both of their voices pretty much butcher once great VAs (David Vincent and Cam Clarke respectively). I can remember Etika saying how Robin was "smooth" and for some reason that triggered me so hard because David Vincent has played infinitely better characters, and Vincent's voice as Robin (at least in Smash) was about as suave as that one easily flustered geek who no one cares to socialize with because he sits in the back of the class and wears headgear. But ya know what? I'm willing to ignore all that after hearing Cam Clarke's role as Kamui. Oh.....my.......GOD!!!!! How the f*** could he have messed up this role so HAAARD?!?!? It sounds so cringeworthy that the word "cringe" itself is cringing so hard. Many people prefer the female Kamui for their own wet reasons [probably], but I prefer the female one because I can tolerate the female's voice way more. And even if I couldn't, it still wouldn't be a big deal to me because I'm nowhere near as familiar with the voice actress as much as I am familiar with Clarke. Let's jut say there's playing a bad role, there's staining their reputation, and then there's just flat out ASKING to be out of a job at voice acting. Now I'm done talking about it.
Whooooa. Whoa whoa. Hold on a minute. Are you say that you don't want to play either of those Fire Emblem games because of how the voice actors performed in a completely different game?
That's almost like say you don't want to play Assassins Creed 2 because of how Roger Craig Smith plays Sonic in the modern games.

"easily flustered geek" - He plays the role like because that is what Robin is like in Awakening. That is Robin's character. Seriously you literal don't have to look any further then Robin's Victory line against Lucina

:4robinm: - Lucina I hope i didn't hurt you: Caring, passionate, worried for others
:4robinf:- How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself? : Attitude and Sass (she's not as cruel in Awakening but just as much of a personality)

Maybe the reason why Robin is play as being anti social is because in Awakening, he as no memory. Literally, the only thing he remembers is Chrom and his own name. Of course he would be a little anti-social feeling like an amnesia outcast. I will give you a point in that his performance in Awakening is better then in Smash Bros (hell even his reveal trailer is better) but it is not by that much. He still does a really good job portraying the character

:4corrin: on the other hand... you are 100% correct. Literally everything about the character's voicing acting is just terrible. I don't know they guy who did the performance but who ever it was terrible. Then again, the English voice acting is pretty bad in Fates it's self for the most part.
I personally do like :4corrinf: much more just cause i like her VA's performance more. Literally that's about it

Also what kind of a f******** name is Corrin?! I'm not dissing anyone with this name in really lfe but for these two :4corrin::4corrinf:, Kamui is literally a better name by a large margin

Also tippers really shouldn't be a big problem if you know how to exploit them, which shouldn't be too challenging for us given that we're sonics that can easily weave in and out of his sword's range and play with a marth's spacing. If you take the ime to grind the mu then you really shouldn't be having a lot of trouble with a standard marth. I was at a tourney one day and I 2-0'd the best marth player in my region, and keep in mind I lost to.....basically everyone else XP. And the marth main I faced has taken games and even sets off of ranked players in Indi.

You think fighting a melee marth CPU is annoying? Try fighting a standard marth PLAYER that has more melee exp than you.....as dr mario......AT A LOCAL STACKED ASF!!! And now you know why I play a different character in melee.
Well i just have bad luck with Tippers for some reason

Also i don't think I will ever get the chance to have that happen to me. Especially since I'm more of a :younglinkmelee: main

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
It was my understanding that Sakurai likes the FE series and has played it quite a bit? I may be wrong there though.
Truthfully, I think that if you enjoyed PoR with Ike, you'll enjoy Awakening with Robin. Besides, there are a few different voices for Robin in Awakening anyway (if I remember correctly).
I like Corrin's design, but Fates was a little... meh. It's not a bad game though. Just not a phenomenal one.
Interestingly enough, I thought Robin's Sm4sh VA did an fine job. We may just perceive the character role differently. Robin's character is supposed to have a slightly awkward feel here and there according to the source material, so perhaps that's why.
Talking about bad VA roles? Lucario's Sm4sh VA. Passable, but also pass-overable.
Actually even Sakurai himself admits that there are too many FE characters. I forget why he succumbed to including Kamui though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Robin havig different VAs in Awakening. I heard that Christopher Cory Smith is an option, so I may look into that. It's definitely because we perceive Vincent differently. I'm used to hearing either Jin Kisaragi from Blazblue or prince Richard from Tales of Graces. I enjoyed both of those roles from him a lot, and then I look at Robin and think "ugh", so that's definitely a personal preference.

Whooooa. Whoa whoa. Hold on a minute. Are you say that you don't want to play either of those Fire Emblem games because of how the voice actors performed in a completely different game?
That's almost like say you don't want to play Assassins Creed 2 because of how Roger Craig Smith plays Sonic in the modern games.

"easily flustered geek" - He plays the role like because that is what Robin is like in Awakening. That is Robin's character. Seriously you literal don't have to look any further then Robin's Victory line against Lucina

:4robinm: - Lucina I hope i didn't hurt you: Caring, passionate, worried for others
:4robinf:- How can you protect Chrom if you can't even protect yourself? : Attitude and Sass (she's not as cruel in Awakening but just as much of a personality)

Maybe the reason why Robin is play as being anti social is because in Awakening, he as no memory. Literally, the only thing he remembers is Chrom and his own name. Of course he would be a little anti-social feeling like an amnesia outcast. I will give you a point in that his performance in Awakening is better then in Smash Bros (hell even his reveal trailer is better) but it is not by that much. He still does a really good job portraying the character.

Actually I don't want to play Awakening or Fates not because of VAs, but because of what I've heard from other FE fans at my school; it's better to play the other ones anyway because they provide a better sense of strategy. Plus I'm not a big FE enthusiast anyway (it's the same case with me and star wars; I like the franchise, but it's not something that would be worth my time getting passionate about (on another note rogue one was boring asf)). Of course I wouldn't seclude a game because of bad VAs. I'm playing a game, not watching a movie.

Explaining a character role doesn't exactly disprove what I said. I'm not gonna judge his Awakening performance because you know why, but I was mainly referring to his Sm4sh performance. I only used that comparison to say that he wasn't "smooth" or "charming" like what etika randomly felt like saying he was at that point. If anything, what you said proves my point that he isn't very cool. I wasn't judging character personalities, I was judging wrong opinions. That's all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Actually I don't want to play Awakening or Fates not because of VAs, but because of what I've heard from other FE fans at my school; it's better to play the other ones anyway because they provide a better sense of strategy. Plus I'm not a big FE enthusiast anyway (it's the same case with me and star wars; I like the franchise, but it's not something that would be worth my time getting passionate about (on another note rogue one was boring asf)). Of course I wouldn't seclude a game because of bad VAs. I'm playing a game, not watching a movie.
Personally, I prefer Awakening and Fates over the other Fire Emblem games - the permanent death mechanic that the older games have is really alienating for me. If a character's going to die in the story, I want it to be meaningful, not for it to happen because random archer #3 got a lucky critical hit.

★ARKZ AGES★

Smash Cadet
NNID
ARKZ_AGES
I haven't played many other FE games that aren't Awakening or Fates other than both Radiance games. I played Shadow Dragon but I don't remember getting very far.

I'm not an good strategy game player so disabling permadeath in Awakening and Fates was a godsend for me personally too.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Awakening and Fates are good for new players with the optional removal of permadeath; that by itself is likely the primary reason the series didn't die after Awakening like it was going to.
I actually recommend Awakening if you are only slightly interested in the series, I think it is actually more reliant on skill than other games in the series on Medium and Hard difficulties due to RNG balancing. It relies less on RNG to create the difficulty.
Most FE games rely too heavily on the RNG to create difficulty rather than the level design itself. Instead of more enemies or enemies with higher stats, deadly random events dominate higher difficulties. This is a false difficulty, since your actual skill plays a much smaller part to your victory/defeat.

Sakurai explained in an interview that he was 'encouraged' by his superiors to include Corrin. Thus, he tried to give him a different fighting style to try and add something different to the fifth FE rep. I can respect that.
Also, everyone's slammin' Corrin's name, but I really don't feel that Kamui is that much better.

My absolute biggest beef with the last 2 games though, the one thing that honestly frustrates me the most, is the lack of complete control over the current difficulty and level replay. I get that because it has a leveling system that a level replay function at separate difficulties could be hard to properly implement, but I don't like the fact that I can lower the difficulty mid-game but not raise it.

Syndralix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Syndralix
I bet a Fire Emblem rip-off with an exclusively female cast would sell like hotcakes.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Ah okay that's fine then. If you don't like the series then you don't like the series. If you are basing the judgement on something like VA then that would have been really stupid

Explaining a character role doesn't exactly disprove what I said. I'm not gonna judge his Awakening performance because you know why, but I was mainly referring to his Sm4sh performance. I only used that comparison to say that he wasn't "smooth" or "charming" like what etika randomly felt like saying he was at that point. If anything, what you said proves my point that he isn't very cool. I wasn't judging character personalities, I was judging wrong opinions. That's all.
Okay fair enough. I mean while his performance in Smash for the character isn't his best for him it can hardly be called bad. And it's not really wrong opinion if one person likes something you don't. That's not to say there isn't wrong opinions ever (e.g Liking Trump's idea's is a wrong opinion or thinking killing whoever whenever is fine). I mean i have never heard the VA play outside of Robin so i can't fully judge but i still really enjoy. And you also have to question if it's more the strict and direction they are asking for more then the VA themselves. Like Robin's up taunt where he says "Let's Tip the scales" instead of "Time to tip the Scales" literally the most disappointing thing about the character

I bet a Fire Emblem rip-off with an exclusively female cast would sell like hotcakes.
You mean the recently released IOS game?
Yeah, it seems pretty popular.
*Facepalm*
Wait.... wha...what?
Sytal Sytal what do you mean? I get Snydralix's joke but not yours....

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Wait.... wha...what?
Sytal Sytal what do you mean? I get Snydralix's joke but not yours....

Fire Emblem Heroes is a small game recently released for mobile devices.
You can build your team from pretty much the entire cast across all games.
So far the teams that I've seen pop up the most have been all female teams that typically include Lucina, Camilla, Robin(f), and Corrin(f).
Soooooo...yeah. Facepalm.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I'm actually considering fire emblem heroes tbh. What's it like? Does it play like the other FE games? And why the f*** does Roy sound so somber in his english dub?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Fire Emblem Heroes is a small game recently released for mobile devices.
You can build your team from pretty much the entire cast across all games.
So far the teams that I've seen pop up the most have been all female teams that typically include Lucina, Camilla, Robin(f), and Corrin(f).
Soooooo...yeah. Facepalm.
I knew what Fire Emblem heroes is (i've been playing plus my avatar)
Ah okay I understand what you mean. I mean, what's wrong with having a full female team. I mean i get your point that people are choosing these females cause Waifu (i think) but honestly I'd put Lucina (who i already have) and F!Robin in a team with Anna and Lyn or Lissa.

I'm actually considering fire emblem heroes tbh. What's it like? Does it play like the other FE games? And why the f*** does Roy sound so somber in his english dub?
It's sort of like the normal fire emblem games but much easier and simpler, chibi art works and more along the lines of most Free to Play games (stamina system, items to collect to unlock more heroes but never having enough so you have to spend money to actually get them)

As to answer you question for Roy, his played by Ray Chase, who plays a character in Final Fantasy XV or something i think (i've forgotten the characters name).

tbh i was a bit unsure about him at first but now i really really like him as Roy. He plays him well imo

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
I knew what Fire Emblem heroes is (i've been playing plus my avatar)
Ah okay I understand what you mean. I mean, what's wrong with having a full female team. I mean i get your point that people are choosing these females cause Waifu (i think) but honestly I'd put Lucina (who i already have) and F!Robin in a team with Anna and Lyn or Lissa.
Nothing wrong with with having a full female team.
The reason I said the 'facepalm' is pretty much solely for the super serious waifu players who only use the top waifu characters. Players like this are typically...interesting to deal with.
Regardless, to each his own I suppose.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Nothing wrong with with having a full female team.
The reason I said the 'facepalm' is pretty much solely for the super serious waifu players who only use the top waifu characters. Players like this are typically...interesting to deal with.
Regardless, to each his own I suppose.
tbh my team is mostly female characters but that's cause they are either the only strong ones or the only 5 star ones
Yeah i got your waifu joke. Honest i don't see a problem with having a waifu (it's honestly not too different from having a celebrate crush) but like you said it's when those super serious people come in that things start to get..... weird

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I downloaded FE heroes. It crashed about as soon as I opened it.
That's been happening to a lot of people I know. I wonder what the issue is? On a similar note, as I was training to be powerful enough to get Narcian, I came across a map with only ranged units...in the map where everyone is trapped. Not one enemy was able to move of their own volition. It's equally sad and funny.

upload_2017-2-10_14-29-32.jpeg

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
For me its probably because I still have an iPhone 4. It crashes over a lot of things XP. I should be getting a better phone next month when my brother gets married and gets his own phone plan.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
That's been happening to a lot of people I know. I wonder what the issue is? On a similar note, as I was training to be powerful enough to get Narcian, I came across a map with only ranged units...in the map where everyone is trapped. Not one enemy was able to move of their own volition. It's equally sad and funny.

I think it's meant to be that they can attack you and deal damage before you can (given the wall set ups). But outside of that yeah they are completely useless.

It's pretty funny

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I think it's meant to be that they can attack you and deal damage before you can (given the wall set ups). But outside of that yeah they are completely useless.

It's pretty funny

No in the first instance of the map there's a mix of close range and long range fighters. The former break out the latter while the latter attack you thru walls if you try to rush forward. It's a mix of trying to out maneuver your opponent without leaving yourself vulnerable or giving them enough time to rush your team into dust. In this...you can just pick off normally high leveled tough foes off one by one at your leisure while they twiddle their thumbs.

I wish Narcian's team was like this tho:4lemmy:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No in the first instance of the map there's a mix of close range and long range fighters. The former break out the latter while the latter attack you thru walls if you try to rush forward. It's a mix of trying to out maneuver your opponent without leaving yourself vulnerable or giving them enough time to rush your team into dust. In this...you can just pick off normally high leveled tough foes off one by one at your leisure while they twiddle their thumbs.

I wish Narcian's team was like this tho:4lemmy:
Ah yeah true. You could literally just sit there for ages and there is nothing they could do

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Happy Valentine's Day, nerds.

C4kD7eLUkAA_OCd.jpg

:093: