• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic roll call +

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Thinking of editing the OP. Making it more helpful and welcoming with links to some threads. Any ideas?

-Wolverine

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I've been playing Sonic for quite some time but I'm still on the road to getting better, not only as playing Sonic but just with some other general things. I live in MI, and in my city there are a few of us who play, and I can proudly say that as the only Sonic, I have repped well and shown everyone he's not garbage, contrary to their beliefs. I'm actually atm one of the top players in my community, so I'm really happy with that. I get the blue hedgehog the respect he deserves in my group.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
infzy, I'll bet 10 other people thought of that joke but decided not to say it because they thought it was dumb. And we're talking 12 year olds here.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Well it's always good to see new people I guess. Still looking for that rare breed though: The uk classified sonnik mainerous.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Well it's always good to see new people I guess. Still looking for that rare breed though: The uk classified sonnik mainerous.
Hey Im a Sonic main from UK >__> but.... just a bit North of where you live.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol

Sonikupo appears to be one of the smarter newbies from what I've seen on the boards. I approve.

:093:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I main Sonic, ROB and Ness/Pit/Peach.

I used to be very hesitant about using Sonic before, but I think I have finally tapped into his potential. I no longer fear matchups with him (except Pikachu and Lucario).

I placed 2nd on a small tourney last year, and beat some other tourney competitors in practice (because I used ROB as my tourney player). Turns out I did better with Sonic than I did with ROB. :p So I'm finally gonna cast him aside for my favorite blue furball.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I placed 2nd on a small tourney last year, and beat some other tourney competitors in practice (because I used ROB as my tourney player). Turns out I did better with Sonic than I did with ROB. :p So I'm finally gonna cast him aside for my favorite blue furball.
That's probably matchup inexperience, lol

but cool beans.

Sonicstud

Smash Rookie
hi peeps, ive been maining sonic since brawl came out.
As far as competitive experience, i have been a member of wii pals (or nintendo pals/nintendo worlds/ idk cause its been thru 2many name changes >_> lol) for over a year now. Ive been in a ton of tourneys on that forum, and i spend a lot of my time with clan warz and such.

ima nub to this forum, but i came here cause there were probably only 2 (good)sonic mains on my other site x_x (me & some1)
i read the sonic guides/ debates here (which r 2gud btw) i wanted to join in on the fun ._.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Welcome, make sure you know what you're talking about before you enter a debate.

._.

No need to enter a discussion you know little about, and make our boards look bad xD

But for realz, make sure you lurk for a long while and learn as much as you can before posting.

Sonicstud

Smash Rookie
Where do you hail from Sonicstud?
http://www.wiipals.net/Forum/Home.php
good online community imo, not all about smash though ._.
Welcome, make sure you know what you're talking about before you enter a debate.

._.

No need to enter a discussion you know little about, and make our boards look bad xD

But for realz, make sure you lurk for a long while and learn as much as you can before posting.

yesh i gotcha, ive read thru some of the threads i can tell the diff between ppl that know what they are talking about and the ppl that pull crap outta no where o_o
me=not act stupid:bigthumbu

infomon

Smash Scientist
He was asking what part of the world, not what part of teh internets :laugh:

but you needn't answer the q if it's too personal for ya.

this is the internets, after all.

welcome.

:054:

Sonicstud

Smash Rookie
He was asking what part of the world, not what part of teh internets :laugh:

but you needn't answer the q if it's too personal for ya.

this is the internets, after all.

welcome.

:054:
xD lulz i phailed there ._.
im from the midwest of USA

dropping_a_neon

Smash Rookie
i just posted a thread on how my sonic is pretty good i play competitively but like idk i feel it could be better. i have trouble adapting to my opponents style

day-day

Smash Ace
I'm day-day and I play sonic. Need to get a SD card this weekend so I can record some matches and get judged. I mean my sonic's okay but I need to improve a lot. Well since at the moment I can't get vids up from my camcorder due to a codec I'd like to brawl another sonic so I can see what I'm doing wrong..:ohwell:

EDIT: Is this a good SD card to record? http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Secur...O73A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1248840385&sr=8-1

infomon

Smash Scientist
I don't know of there being much noticeable differences between diff SD cards, unless they're defective; I mean, different storage capacities, but w/e..... that card should be fine.

Assuming the Wii can actually use SDHC cards (ie. SD high-capacity; I thought Wii's could only make use of max. 2GB cards? maybe I just made that up tho. older SD readers can't read the HC's sooooo yea)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I don't know of there being much noticeable differences between diff SD cards, unless they're defective; I mean, different storage capacities, but w/e..... that card should be fine.

Assuming the Wii can actually use SDHC cards (ie. SD high-capacity; I thought Wii's could only make use of max. 2GB cards? maybe I just made that up tho. older SD readers can't read the HC's sooooo yea)
The wii does have the capacity to read SDHC, it was recently enabled for thr 4.0 upgrade.
Newer games like the Conduit support SDHC.
Brawl does not.

Don't ask why or you'll cry.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hi guys remember me? I'am back for a little bit so far I made some sonic smash techiniques (my personal techiniques) so anyways what did I miss about Sonic?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
X5, you're back, I had thought you were gone forever!

Looks like you kept your promise of coming back though. :)

Uhm... I'm not sure what you missed out on, except maybe DashDance Pivots, and Sonic reaching mid-tier.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
X5, you're back, I had thought you were gone forever!

Looks like you kept your promise of coming back though. :)

Uhm... I'm not sure what you missed out on, except maybe DashDance Pivots, and Sonic reaching mid-tier.
That's Great looks like smash boards are giving him some relief and also I made a new sonic technique to help confuse opponents and more likely to throw of their momentum it's called Moon Nair it's where Sonic repeadtily does a spring jump then quickly follows up with nair it's supposed to give Sonic some space and at the same time psych out your opponents the nair was just in case the try to attack you from close range so that was you can defend yourself a little so how does the technique sound?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
No.

He's still the same ol' trashtalkin' moron that we all love and hate at the same time.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Falling Star > Moon Nair

Not just name wise either >_> practicality wise as well.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
No.

He's still the same ol' trashtalkin' moron that we all love and hate at the same time.
Wow, x580 just coming back and making up new techs already, lol.

Agreed Kinzer and like I said before aeghrur when I first joined I want to help Sonic no matter what so far he has his momentum going but it's our job to keep it going and if Moon Nair doesn't work I still got my old tech F-Shot.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
F-Shot.

You never told us what that was exactly, lol

Guesses:

Fthrow > Spinshot > Bair? (or any other aerial)
Fthrow > Homing Attack
Spinshot > Fair

I could come up with more, but those are my 3 guesses for the moment ):<

Top Bottom