• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Report from E for All and Move List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
like good intense games in melee, in brawl well just go to the opions and take away final smash balls leaving it to only skillz and not a cheap final smash... i hope

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I would really like to try out Sonic. He'll be one of my best characters. Hurry up Feb. 10th!!! I want to sonic speed up to that date!

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
Don't really like the special moves for sonic, its all about...spin dash. But whatever, what its done its done. i already do sonic moves for a smash. it goes like this

B: - Spin dash

->B: - Fire somersault

UpB: - Blue tornado

DownB: - Bounce attack

But i was young when i do this.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
No one fast falls like Falco anymore ... not even Falco (if he returns). Although Soic might have falled a bit faster than most others characters, they all fall like a feather compared to their melee counterparts. You have nothing to fear there.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
I don't think there will be any fast fallers in brawl. From playing the demo it kinda seemed like if they did that it would be like adding fast fallers to SSB64. Also Sonic's jump-canceled grab is too good, his grab had a lot of range.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Updated again. Added quotes by Gimpy about Sonic's Final Smash properties and the awesomeness of his grabs. Also included a video that confirms the property of the Final Smash Gimpy was talking about.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Hi, Karel, I'm doing well, looking forward to playing Super Mario Galaxy while waiting for Brawl.

Its always great to see new people interested in Smash and joining the forum. Unfortunately though, this isn't a thread for introductions. Don't worry about it though.

There is a forum dedicated to "Meet and Greet" here where I'm sure they'd love to meet to you.

There's also a very friendly discussion about Sonic going on here where you can contribute your thoughts and enthusiasm.

Feel free to post any questions you might have concerning Sonic here though, and I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability given my experience at the Demo. Enjoy,

SonicTHP

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicTHP
3DS FC
4897-6845-2284
I'm excited to learn about the various moves Sonic will have that can cancel into one another allowing him to keep a good amount of pressure on his opponent. I main Samus right now, and play a number of other characters on the side, so hopefully I can figure out a fun and effective playing style for him. Then again, my passion for Samus is what led to my current skill and I hope that transfers to my longtime favorite mascot character, Sonic.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone else notice that sonics got a sexah suicide throw?
First post yay...

i was just watching the huge sonic vid cuz i was bored, and i realized that his back throw defiantly has some suicide potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4lwOjKErEU

its at 00:41 seconds if u havent seen it already. i know suicide throws are very situational, but with sonics uber speed and grab range, i think it can become a nice option to have in your back pocket.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
I was really hoping that wouldn't be his victory tune. I liked to old school one from Sonic 1 or the Title screen from Sonic 1. But you never know, each stage has, like 4 songs.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, thanks. I figured that version was most likely since it was fully orchestrated and already sounded like a Smash victory tune :D
for those of us that havnt played the game is it at all similar to "classic" victory music of sonic, just ochastrated?

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
If you mean that Sonic is intended to replace Falco, I don't think so. IMO Sakurai's really trying to make a classic-like Sonic, hence all the spinning focused moves.

If you're wondering whether a Falco player will find Sonic similar, I think you'll find lots of superficial similarities. The main similarity Falco and Sonic share are being very fast on the ground but not being very fast in the air horizontally and a good upair. The similarities end there though. Sonic's ground a-moves are very different than the space animals and his b-moves are of course even more different. High level Falco relies on (at least in melee) on his SHBlaster and pillaring, neither of which Sonic can do at all so I don't think they'll be very similar in playing style. I think Sonic's approach to his enemies will be from the ground taking advantage of his great speed, often via grabs, whereas Falco relies on short-hops and his incredible fast fall speed.

But really you should play Sonic because he's Sonic and he's freakin awesome.

SiD

Smash Master
Falco's not even really THAT fast though, and Sonic is faster than even CF, so, I don't think there's any similarities at all, other than color.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Maybe... but if he is, then he will most likely no longer be a complete clone of fox...

im surprised no one cares as much as i do about sonics suicide throw....

crazy grab range + super speed + great dash dance = plenty of oppurtunities for sonicide gimps

Falco Rising

Smash Cadet
yes tht is true cuz i heard tht they arent goin 2 have any clones but if they dont have falco thn im prtty sure tht i will stick wit sonic and iv seen some short clips of gameplay wit him and he seems 2 be tight i agree wit ya on tht....but wat sthe suicide throw?!?

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
From what i can see, all of his moves have pretty low startup lag, with maybe the exception of his dair.

now i don't mean he has like, metaknight startup, but he is pretty quick all the same

LuCKy

Smash Master
i have no pics but the only special ones i remember black and gold there might of been white but i dont remember lol and my favorite green:)

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping for the thoughts of someone who has actually played as Sonic. We can all watch the videos.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Ha, sorry about the delay then Professor X. Sonic's normal moves don't have much wind up lag at all, with the exception of his dair. There a bit of start up time on his upair, but only before the second, main hit as the
first hit comes out pretty fast. His fsmash does have a wind-up animation but that's only if you charge it. His upB also is performed instantly, and with tremendous effect. On the other hand, all of his other B moves I found extremely slow since they must be charged or else have the extremely unuseful property of being slower than Sonic's running speed. I hope this helps.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Say, its possible to use a spindash while running AND jump&cancel out of your spindash, right? If thats indeed true, it could be used for more strategies than some of you are thinking. Imagine this:

You run at incredible speed at the enemy from close range. Just before running trough him you spindash. Since the spindash makes the enemy fly straight up, this gives you a nice chance to get the part where you make combos, racking up the enemy's damage.

At the speed Sonic's running, the enemy won't have much time to think, and you make great advantage of that.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Say, its possible to use a spindash while running AND jump&cancel out of your spindash, right?
Yeah, its entirely possible.

On another note, I edited my report adding a section that describes the graphical differences between Sonic's different spin attacks. Just a reminder, they all look different so stop thinking your opponent won't be able to know which one you're using!

Hopefully I'll eventually get around to applying awesome formatting to the report like many of the other stickied descriptions. I'm jealous of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom