• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Report from E for All and Move List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cless

Smash Champion
By super armor being ridiculous, I meant that you couldn't grab him either. Doesn't matter how slow he moves if there is no possible way to stop an attack.

Cless

Smash Champion
I would assume so since the whole reason behind the grab is to get around defenses. The super armor isn't invincibility frames. They're supposed to be non-flinching frames. I'm blanking on a better example, but like Juggernaut or Colossus from MvC2.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the details about wind-up lag. Sorry to the other poster about my previous post; I didn't mean it to sound so rude.

I know we're not supposed to compare Melee and Brawl characters, but this is one of the deciding factors to me over how much Sonic will be like Captain Falcon. Falcon obviously runs the fastest, but his wind-up lag frustrates me continuously. Sonic could be played much differently based on what your saying... I could see much more potential for defense.

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno, I always called invincibility frames the ones where you just don't take damage. Like the opening frames of the Shoryuken, or team up attacks in Rival Schools, or most supers in fighting games.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
I dunno, I always called invincibility frames the ones where you just don't take damage. Like the opening frames of the Shoryuken, or team up attacks in Rival Schools, or most supers in fighting games.
And you should, because thats what they are lol

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
yoshi's DB would be called heavy armor.

ike as he was in the demo has super armor, meaning he takes no damage and minimal hitstun from regular attacks, but can be thrown.

Starman gives you invincibility, which means you take no damage, no hitstun, and cant be thrown.

Cless and I are on the same page methinks

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
I heard he's not as weak (as in damage) as he sounds, but still not great.

His ground speed however.. wow.. Take a good look at the vids, that's probably faster than falcon!

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
I heard he's not as weak (as in damage) as he sounds, but still not great.
Look at the damage values I listed my report. Rarely do his non-smash attacks do even over 10 damage. It isn't always a problem since he's seems pretty good at comboing, but he's definitely on the weak side if you compare individual attacks.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
well you know that if he is at super speed now, if there is that action reply for wii and SSBB for speed x4 then sonic would be impossible to use.

Cless

Smash Champion
You know, because you can change the speed during gameplay and action replays are used at serious tournaments and everything.

Joybuzzy

Smash Rookie
I was just curious, how fast does Sonic jump, or in other words, how easy is it to short hop with him?
Sonic is a fast runner and in his games is a high jumper [ In SA2B Metal Sonic could jump the highest in the Speed 2player games] so it will be a little hard to short hop with him. Better yet, trying to stop him from running off the edge

Cless

Smash Champion
You didn't play with him, so don't answer. Captain Falcon was the fastest runner in Melee, and his short hop isn't hard. Being fast doesn't mean that you leave the ground quickly. Sonic might have the jumping speed of Mario for all I know. Also, don't base an answer off of his abilities in his own games.

Cless

Smash Champion
I didn't mean to blow up at you. I was just curious about his jumping speed from someone who played with him. I was at a funeral today, so I'm not in the best of moods.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
I was just curious, how fast does Sonic jump, or in other words, how easy is it to short hop with him?
I had no problem at all short hopping with Sonic at E for All, whereas I normally have to concentrate to short hop every time as Fox in melee, so I'd say his window is more than fox's, i.e. more than 3 frames. Unfortunately, I cannot place it more accurately than that.

@Cless: I'm sorry to hear about the funeral. I hope my info does whatever it can to make you happier.

On another note, there are many people who refer to Sonic's games when trying to predict how Sonic will behave in brawl. While I appreciate your knowledge of his series, and even more your enthusiasm for the character, such comparisons really don't tell us much about how Sonic will be in Brawl. If someone asks a question about Sonic in Brawl, and that question is answerable from our experience with Sonic from the demo and the videos, I ask that you refrain from answering speculatively based on information from past sonic games when others can answer with more grounded facts.

Cless

Smash Champion
Ok, that's good. I hate short hopping with Shiek, and an glad that he doesn't leave the ground in as many frames as Fox or Pikachu.

jdawgizzle

Smash Rookie
i had heard that he was going to be unstoppable and crazy high tier but this sounds like maybe not

Cless

Smash Champion
There's going to be tiers, but there's not enough information now. How the hell are you going to make a list without a full roster or a bunch of tournaments to base it off of?

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Nah, Cless got it right. There's not enough info to make tiers atm. There will almost certainly be tiers since the balance is unlikely to be perfect (which would be near impossible).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom