• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

sonic on brinstar bad???????

Tenki

Smash Hero
Well, it's not very detailed lol

Anyway, Brinstar is a bad stage for Sonic because he can't run alot there and he can't spindash all over the place.

At least that's what your friends might say about it.

The real reason that Brinstar can be a bad stage for Sonic is because your opponent's character might have far better advantages on it than you lol. But otherwise, it's not an especially good nor bad stage for him.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
ASC can still combo and side b cancels are still effective for WHATEVER reason. Sonic has some good things here. His Utilt and Usmash can kill on the top platform and he has his side of the stage Dthrow shenanigan. Overall I tend to avoid it but it won't kill you to go there.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
When I saw that they had Brinstar as Sonic's worst stage, I thought it was just the Sonic Boards mindgaming the rest of Smash Boards. Cause there's no way that can be right! CAN IT?! (Me & my memes)

I love Brinstar personally. It's my Wario/anything I want to torture CP. Sonic can just sex that stage so well.

Sonic is like the king of sharking stages that you can pass through underneath.
SD (Halfway through the platform) > Fall > Jump > Any Aerial > Fall > Spring > Any Aerial
But that really has very little to do with why I cp it.

It's size is probably is best trait for Sonic. It's IMO the most offense forcing stage in the game. Unless you're Pikachu, camping's not really an option. And it's incredibly easy to punish lag with a SC/ASC at point blank range. And HOW IS IT HARD TO SD COMBO?! You must be doing it very wrong or I'm doing it very right.

And Brinstar's like the one stage where HA is lol viable.

I half agree with you Tenki. Honestly I think it all lies solely on the player's skill because Brinstar really sets all of Sonic's bad match-ups to 50/50. I really can't think of a character that has a good advantage or a big disadvantage against Sonic on Brinstar. (Okay, Olimar <.<)

I mean DK gets combo'd to hell & back by Sonic there even if he has that power to kill.

Not his best stage, but not his worst either.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I love Brinstar personally. It's my Wario/anything I want to torture CP. Sonic can just sex that stage so well.
You take Wario's there?
The ones you play must be bad there and not spam F-smash.

Also, Chis ***** himself to day when the stage was broken in half, he used spring to the upper platform, walked off, fell in the gap cause he airtripped.
I think I lol'd IRL over brawl.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It's cause of teh phire

SHE BURNS!!

It's not that bad, it's just that Sonic can't run on the ground as much and if he does, he crashes into the middle bubbly section of the stage and does that stupid 'oops I crashed into something' animation and gets hit by Ike's F Smash some attack on the other side

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
If you weaken those 'blocks' holding the stage together, you can do this cool thing where you down throw someone on top of it, causing the stage to break. Aka gimpage.

Also, Chis ***** himself to day when the stage was broken in half, he used spring to the upper platform, walked off, fell in the gap cause he airtripped.
I think I lol'd IRL over brawl.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
It's cause of teh phire

SHE BURNS!!

It's not that bad, it's just that Sonic can't run on the ground as much and if he does, he crashes into the middle bubbly section of the stage and does that stupid 'oops I crashed into something' animation and gets hit by Ike's F Smash some attack on the other side
This is why you only move around with SDJ, ISDJ, spinshot and spring.

BTW, this thread is now courtesy of the Sonic frequenters, the OP has no right anymore.

New name: discussing Brinstar.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I had a MM with Umby and I used spring D-air and went through the bridge, which had at least 2-3 layers on it lol.

gg

DDM

Smash Journeyman
From the Captain Obvious department, Sonic is THE fastest character in Brawl. The likelihood of success for him on a particular stage is almost directly proportionate to the amount of open space / flat ground for him to run. For example: Final Destination. Excellent stage for Sonic. Brinstar? Not so much, especially when the lava rises and covers that lower portion. Unless your opponent is ******** (no apologies, you literally have to be ******** to not kick Sonic's @$$ in this situation. Even if you're Kirby.), Sonic is screwed on that short upper platform until the lava goes down again.

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to see it to believe it. I'm open to being corrected and all, it just seems to run counter to everything I've known about Sonic up to this point (which certainly isn't everything).

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic is pretty beast against ROB on Brinstar.

Sonic's best stage though is Battlefield ;D

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That's a really good question.

Tenki usually brings that up instantly with the word Brinstar.

:093:

Tenki

Smash Hero
What is this secret D-throw illegal hack Brawl+ mod that you're talking about.

:3

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL!

Why keep it a secret Tenki? It's not like it wouldn't help other Sonic's to know.

...Not like that nightmare I had where I broke D-Throw in a bad... no sir...

Tenki

Smash Hero
because it's like ASC cancelling - when you first find out about it, that's all you wanna ever set up.

then you get centralized in trying to set up the bridge and keep it thin

and then you lose lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
people are being incorrect.

sonics main asset is not his running speed, its his fantastic overall mobility, which he can still use to great effect on brinstar. your playstyle just has to adapt to include more aerial acrobatics and attacks than usual, but its still a good stage for him.

you know that whole "sonic can kill" idea, you cant say that on brinstar

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I think Brinstar is a fun stage for Sonic. I don't see how he as a character is worse off there. If anything, he gets better since he can play under the stage, and gimp characters that have had recoveries with D-throw. I've also played a lot of Kirby's on that stage, and haven't lost yet :3

Top Bottom