• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Chat Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hmm...people like Puffball/Napi are better off answering that question for you I believe...maybe NES...I am positive though that you sure as Hell won't get any sympathy thing from of me, I fight for my Hedgehog pals
friends
have absolutely no idea about things that technical.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Pff, this thread shouldn't get closed. It helps condense all the spam into one and helps keep it out of other more useful threads. The Peach boards (infact the majority of boards) have one like this

Besides, there isn't really anything wrong with it. It's a Sonic chatroom. You chat about Sonic in here. Sonic mains chat in here. The thread is doing what it is supposed to be doing. I see no reason for it getting closed

Tenki

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^ BAIIIIIIIIT ^^^^^^^^^^^
Noone's getting banned as long as they don't fall for the baits.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I meant a mod attack on the boards, not this thread. Anyways I would like to bring up that it's 11/11 today. The 90th anniversary of world war one (the great war) discuss//

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That's most of the reason why this got stickied, R-D-D-D.

And I don't know who suggested this gets closed, it doesn't have to be. Sure it's filled with spam, heck even minor spam doesn't have to be, but I mean the big daddy of spam, that's why we have rules. We are breaking them down so much it's in the form of atoms, but anyway while we break these rules we get punished.

The Lucarios need something like this thread over there...but yeah, they're pretty much dead...do they have anything

Tenki

Smash Hero
Elem, if you like to be banned, keep posting your sig beneath 1-liners
lol that's actually how I got my first/only infraction.

I had a two-line post in a GBD thread and my signature was like 3-4 "lines" >_>

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It means we're going to use up resources faster by his logic.

I must agree though, at least on that part, but as for the people dying...meh not so much.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Well, I do think the world is getting a bit overpopulated, and being realistic, I think it's needed lots of people need to die now and then. Call me an ***, I know I am

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Meh Chis. I'm feeling generous so let me palm your face for you

:064:

We had a 1 minute silence at 11:00 today. Also learnt that the last person to die was called George (I can't remember the whole of it) and he died at 10:58...which is pretty darn nasty imo

I still need to find someplace where I can buy a poppy

Any of you experienced a tornado before? We don't get them here...they sound terrifying

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I thought that's what Hurricane Ike did.

TX was not prepared, they got no sympathy from God him/it.

At least the government should fight for its citizens.

Edit: The worst that can happen in Las Vegas is an electrical storm with heavy rain/gale wind. The mountains are a natural barrier for any tornadoes/hurricanes/cyclones/typhoons/etc.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I thought that's what Hurricane Ike did.

TX was not prepared, they got no sympathy from God him/it.

At least the government should fight for its citizens.

Edit: The worst that can happen in Las Vegas is an electrical storm with heavy rain/gale wind. The mountains are a natural barrier for any tornadoes/hurricanes/cyclones/typhoons/etc.
My city actually has mindgames.
We spotdodged the entire fsmash.
He's too slow.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I think otherwise...

Meta Knight was invented to increase the population of scrubs. >_>
He didn't increase the population of scrubs. He just made them viable. ^_^
He increased the population of idiots.

OMG! MK WHORENADOS YOUR BRAIN OUT WHEN YOU FIGHT HIM! THAT'S WHY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SWITCHING TO HIM!

Tell your friends. MK is a disease!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There's no mindgames involved, he/it really was just too slow with his lag and what not.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
So I was lurking the whole day today.

I thought I was banned.

Turns out.

I only have 5 points. I could've sworn that I had 6. Oh well.

Oh and Chis, I saw your post under my fun little thread.

Infy replied to said post.

Chis, I came into this thread with the same sorta mindset... "Oh gawd, another spammy threadgame/flaming-type thread rather than something actually related to Sonic."

But you've got to realize, that you're also to blame for a lot of the recent bickering. Smashboards doesn't have to be 100% serious business; the Sonic boards have had their ups and downs, but Box is right that even his pseudospam threads have encouraged some interesting legitimate Sonic discussion and certainly have kept our community going when it would be pretty lifeless otherwise.

I don't approve of the hating-on-n00bs that happens here, and some other stuff, but there are ways you could express your concerns without completely antagonizing a number of the regulars (and decent Sonics, I might add) that have been the lifeblood of /s/ until now. In many cases you've been as spammy as them, while staying technically within the legal bounds.

ex. Boxob will start a thread that's a joke, but it will get people talking about some interesting property of Sonic's moveset. You'll start a thread that's meant to be useful, but that's just a repost of old info, or re-starting an older but equivalent thread. So your thread gets spammed by people questioning the need for the thread, and it becomes unproductive. Which scenario is better; having fun and being productive, or being technically correct but without any real advancement?

I don't mean to knock your efforts here, and I have been pleased with a lot of the work you've done on the Sonic boards... but there comes a point where you should realize that being disliked can be as bad as disliking people; it might be evidence of a problem in your own behaviour.
That is my point. As is Boxob's point.

:093:

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Meh Chis. I'm feeling generous so let me palm your face for you

:064:

We had a 1 minute silence at 11:00 today. Also learnt that the last person to die was called George (I can't remember the whole of it) and he died at 10:58...which is pretty darn nasty imo

I still need to find someplace where I can buy a poppy

Any of you experienced a tornado before? We don't get them here...they sound terrifying
definitely didnt know they had it elsewhere as well.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Okay

Oh and Chis, I saw your post under my fun little thread.

Infy replied to said post.

That is my point. As is Boxob's point.

:093:
Okay.

Chis, I came into this thread with the same sorta mindset... "Oh gawd, another spammy threadgame/flaming-type thread rather than something actually related to Sonic."
The name and the yellow highlight it was obvious aimed at me. :'(

But you've got to realize, that you're also to blame for a lot of the recent bickering. Smashboards doesn't have to be 100% serious business;
I've been none serious for a few weeks now. I've seen that the Internet is serious business so when someone tries to flame me I would just brush them aside and not care. I've found out that the best way to approach smash boards is with a cool head.

the Sonic boards have had their ups and downs, but Box is right that even his pseudospam threads have encouraged some interesting legitimate Sonic discussion and certainly have kept our community going when it would be pretty lifeless otherwise.
I don't judge people based on their popularity, and I never said that Boxob had never contributed anything. Or said spam threads were bad. I've said that spam helps this board keep productive on many occasions.

I don't approve of the hating-on-n00bs that happens here, and some other stuff, but there are ways you could express your concerns without completely antagonizing a number of the regulars (and decent Sonics, I might add) that have been the lifeblood of /s/ until now.
How? I don't look down at anyone but I don't suck up to then either. Antagonize? I haven't antagonised anyone in this board. I threat regulars and newbies the same. If you mean that copying thing, I was just having fun with the many Sonic board memes going around, like the haunter and hate ones. I was bored. People shouldn't really take things like that seriously. If that's not it can you please explain :o

In many cases you've been as spammy as them, while staying technically within the legal bounds.
Yeah sorry about that. I've got ideas but none finalised. Not many to contribute to yet....

ex. Boxob will start a thread that's a joke, but it will get people talking about some interesting property of Sonic's moveset. You'll start a thread that's meant to be useful, but that's just a repost of old info, or re-starting an older but equivalent thread. So your thread gets spammed by people questioning the need for the thread, and it becomes unproductive. Which scenario is better; having fun and being productive, or being technically correct but without any real advancement?
When did that happened? Which thread was this?

I don't mean to knock your efforts here, and I have been pleased with a lot of the work you've done on the Sonic boards...
Personal I don't think I've contributed that much at all...

but there comes a point where you should realize that being disliked can be as bad as disliking people; it might be evidence of a problem in your own behaviour.
I came to smash boards to help people, learn things and talk to people with similar interest. Not for popularity. Please explain what I've been doing wrong

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
You've been reporting people for spam/one liners whilst doing the exact same yourself.
It's not like any of the spam Boxob/Catinthehat have done recently has been detrimental at all, just a bit silly. They haven't really warrented getting reported for the most part. It'd be like if we started reporting you for posting one liners and stuff which you've done a lot lately. It's just kinda...unneccessary.

And it's the fact that you've only been reporting those two that it seems that you've got a bit of a grudge.

On a banning note, why is KID banned?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Probably living in America. Anyway, if you report one-liners, well **** me... I can't post anything besides 1-liners. Heck, I don't even know if I ever made a thread.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You've been reporting people for spam/one liners whilst doing the exact same yourself.
I haven't.

It's not like any of the spam Boxob/Catinthehat have done recently has been detrimental at all, just a bit silly. They haven't really warrented getting reported for the most part. It'd be like if we started reporting you for posting one liners and stuff which you've done a lot lately. It's just kinda...unneccessary.

And it's the fact that you've only been reporting those two that it seems that you've got a bit of a grudge.
You're basing this on assumptions and not facts Roy.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
;_;, Sonic boards are falling apart. Listen to memphis people, don't feed the ducks.
Oh, and KID is banned? Great, hell is about to come.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think he got banned for some offense against the Magikarp group or something...
I saw him comment on Kojin's combo vid on YouTube.

daKIDgamer:

"this is KID i got banned until friday i think... but im still lurking. youko is being gay at me, because i called people out on that magikarp garbage..."

Tenki

Smash Hero
KID was banned???? What did he do?

Seriously, he spams WAY less than me.
Double post? Personal attacks? Flames?

I think he got banned for some offense against the Magikarp group or something...
I saw him comment on Kojin's combo vid on YouTube.

daKIDgamer:

"this is KID i got banned until friday i think... but im still lurking. youko is being gay at me, because i called people out on that m*gik*rp garbage..."
D:!!
-------------------------------------

on a weird note:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200

wut iz dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom