• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
There's a reason I'm an art student. As proven by my test score.

The worst part about it is there is a "Programming for non-CS majors" (in other words, ATEC majors which is what I am) that I'm not allowed to take because it wouldn't count because of the degree plan that I'm on. I COULD have passed this class if it was a class geared towards people who aren't programming majors. Which I'm not. I'm an art student. Digital art yes, but an art student none the less.
If it makes you feel any better I'm taking an ATEC class as a CS major and I'm not really fitting in either.

Anyway though... 8 years? Wow. I've had a cousin I think that was in college for a long time as well.

I kinda feel bad now. :embarrass

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
There's a reason I'm an art student. As proven by my test score.

The worst part about it is there is a "Programming for non-CS majors" (in other words, ATEC majors which is what I am) that I'm not allowed to take because it wouldn't count because of the degree plan that I'm on. I COULD have passed this class if it was a class geared towards people who aren't programming majors. Which I'm not. I'm an art student. Digital art yes, but an art student none the less.
I know how you feel. Colleges always find a way to screw people over. Calc II apparently = Calc II + DiffEQ+ Linear Algebra.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I barely passed pre-cal. And that was the last math for me. I feel sorry for anyone who take high level math. I just can't do it. I have no idea why, but man I suck at it. :p

The funny thing is I date a guy getting a PhD in applied mathematics. Hahaha. I find it funny every day. Especially when he was trying to tutor me and I learned nothing. Or talk to me about what he's learning in his classes. XD

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Seeing as though i'm one of the only ones who can buy drink around here, I get suspiciously more popular at the weekend. The amount of phone calls i've had today is crazy.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I barely passed pre-cal. And that was the last math for me. I feel sorry for anyone who take high level math. I just can't do it. I have no idea why, but man I suck at it. :p

The funny thing is I date a guy getting a PhD in applied mathematics. Hahaha. I find it funny every day. Especially when he was trying to tutor me and I learned nothing. Or talk to me about what he's learning in his classes. XD
Hahaha, my gf and I are like polar opposites when it comes to our education. Spanish Major/Premed and I'm an English Major/Prelaw. So when one of us starts talkign about our classes the others like :rolleyes:

Underload

Lazy
I go ***** by grades today.

I have no idea what happened... I thought I studied but apparently not well enough. UGH.
This has happened to me also, lately. I'm usually a straight-A-with-an-occasional-B-if-I-slip-up type of guy, but this year I've brought my grade down from a 3.9 to a 3.6. This trimester, I'm hellbent on getting straight A's again.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
If it wasn't for alchohol I probably would've killed myself loooooong ago. And I only get along with people in their teens and 20's, anyone else I just can't relate to. And I need to go to Ohio.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
If it wasn't for alchohol I probably would've killed myself loooooong ago. And I only get along with people in their teens and 20's, anyone else I just can't relate to. And I need to go to Ohio.
Lol why would you need to go to ohio if i may ask xD Ohio is such a silly place lol

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I've realized that I need adrenaline in the same way the people use drink or use drugs recreationally to "feel alive". I'm awkward and boring when I haven't sparred someone or trained in a while. But right after I finish a fight I feel like nothing matters. I no longer hesitate about talking to people and am more open. It's very odd.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So I JUST picked up the depression meds today, and I kinda read everything over. I figure I'll take my first dose tonight, although that's just giving me enough time to chicken out on it. Seriously, I'm still nervous about taking it.

Also I talked to a new counselor/psychologist (I need to read up the diff between all these occupations one day...) on Friday. She was nice, I guess. And helpful. A few people before kinda treated this as a big deal and started asking me questions about it, so I'm not sure what that's all about. I'm supposed to talk with her again Thursday.

I'm not exactly up to speed with the world, so I'm gonna ask a dumb question, okay?

What's the difference between being depressed and emo? My hair uh, HAS grown out a bit... it's not black though. And I tend to comb it over when I have the time so I'm clear there... I think. I uh, DO have stuff. I don't cut myself or anything torturous, although I have gone into fits of punching myself in the head or hitting my head against a wall at times. Er... seriously though, what's supposed to be the difference?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Okaaay. The difference between depressed and emo.
A lot of emo kids honestly usually have no real problems...other than their need for attention. They often whine and complain that life sucks and what not. The clothes and hair scream for attention. Theyre just over the top.
Depressed is well...there is something there that makes you upset or is causing problems. It's not an 'excuse' persay...but you have reasons at least. It's not for the sake of attention or hating life, but because there is something physically, mentally, or emotionally wrong.

That's my take on it at least.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Emo kids tend to dress gothy and be interested in gothy things. People go emo for various reasons and tend to do counter-productive things like cut themselves. Most of the time they've got very little to be upset about, like those rich emo bands.

Depression is a different thing entirely. It can be an incredibly long lasting sadness or a feeling of losing the will to live and wanting to kill yourself. Depressed people tend to hide thier feelings from other people but you might be able to notice someone whose depressed if you pick up on the subtle signs.

D20

Smash Lord
Nothing is bothering me now! High fives! I suppose I am a bit nervous about writing another short story for my creative writing class, but I'm fairly confident that an idea will come to me.

Don't worry... be happy.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
What's bothering me right now: I'm feeling hungry, but I don't want to eat. Maybe drinking water will help. Another thing that's bothering me is that I have an upcoming tourney in Brawl, RB2, and MW2 at my school. I know I'm gonna have fun in Brawl. What scares me are the other two. MW2 is a team tourney and RB2 is, well, a band thing. I'm worried about letting my teamates/bandmates down. I gotta stay positive and do my best, while also having fun.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the distinction, guys. Always wondered.

On a side note, my stupidity struck again. My mom woke me up this morning (yeah, lame, but when you consider that I can't trust myself to do anything right, it's justified), so I got a bath, like usual, and then went back to sleep. Next time I woke up, I'd missed class.

And then, when I got ready to take my first dose of the medication, I moved it somewhere and lost it. LOST IT.

GG, Nintendoman. No wonder no one wants to be seen talking to you.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
My manager at my new job is a girl I pulled a few weeks ago! We smoothly managed to make it through the day without either of us mentioning it though

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Would it kill people to atleast put their shoes back on the same shelf? Don't just pick up a shoe, try it on and the throw it anywhere! I was actually convinced there was a 1 legged person coming in stealing shoes from the store.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
By Friday I will be a hallow shell of my former self because of HG/SS

I'm serious the hype is actually giving me migraines! What do I do to lower my hype a bit without spoiling the game?

On another note, I can't beat a **** blissey because it keeps using Softboiled to regain its ****ed HP... **** high defense :mad:

This is all pokemon related btw

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Would it kill people to atleast put their shoes back on the same shelf? Don't just pick up a shoe, try it on and the throw it anywhere! I was actually convinced there was a 1 legged person coming in stealing shoes from the store.
Looks like you caught me.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
By Friday I will be a hallow shell of my former self because of HG/SS

I'm serious the hype is actually giving me migraines! What do I do to lower my hype a bit without spoiling the game?

On another note, I can't beat a **** blissey because it keeps using Softboiled to regain its ****ed HP... **** high defense :mad:

This is all pokemon related btw
Gold and Silver were fantastic. Its the way sequels are supposed to be made. Also just use earthquake on her.

And if you're going to steal a shoe Black Waltz, atleast take the other one with you so I don't have to search fruitlessly for it 5 minutes before I finish work. Though I have no idea how you get it past the alarms.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
As I was going down the topics in my usercp, I thought I saw "Smash bothering you?" haha.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I'm bothered that my friends go crazy over video game music and are "meh" at real music
Personally, I think that some of the best composers of today are doing music for video games.. It's not my fault that almost everything played in radio and shown on TV sucks, and there are a lot of VG BGM's that have much more memorable tunes.
But yes, I do listen to what you call "real" music as well. (...What makes it more real anyway? >_>
And I really hope that you yourself don't listen to rap or similar and call it real music.
)

And like Ladubyg said, isn't mother's day in May, not March?

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think that some of the best composers of today are doing music for video games.. It's not my fault that almost everything played in radio and shown on TV sucks, and there are a lot of VG BGM's that have much more memorable tunes.
But yes, I do listen to what you call "real" music as well. (...What makes it more real anyway? >_>
And I really hope that you yourself don't listen to rap or similar and call it real music.
)

And like Ladubyg said, isn't mother's day in May, not March?
When you talk about music that plays on the TV and the radio, thats called mainstream, and i hate passionately mainstream. I don't listen to music in america, because it all sucks to me,(except like 2 or three underground bands).

You have a point when it comes to memorable tunes, and i absolutely love the Dr. Robotniks mean bean machine theme, and ddr music and such. It just annoys me that i look like an outcast when i start listening to a DnB track. And everyone looks at me like "turn that annoying **** off now" when they listen to a mixed version of an annoying japanese girl with no singing talent and a high voice on repeat.

Underload

Lazy
When you talk about music that plays on the TV and the radio, thats called mainstream, and i hate passionately mainstream. I don't listen to music in america, because it all sucks to me,(except like 2 or three underground bands).

You have a point when it comes to memorable tunes, and i absolutely love the Dr. Robotniks mean bean machine theme, and ddr music and such. It just annoys me that i look like an outcast when i start listening to a DnB track. And everyone looks at me like "turn that annoying **** off now" when they listen to a mixed version of an annoying japanese girl with no singing talent and a high voice on repeat.
It's amazing how varied different people's music tastes are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom