• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
GAH 8th grade
HOMEWORK
piling up cause I was sick for like two weeks
my crazy,violent, yet somehow popular older sister
annoying the crap out of my siblings and I
My dads in FREAKING ANTARCTICA (**** you air force three >.<)
I have to clean up after and share a room with a 9 year old little brother with the cleaning skills of an orangutan.
music went from rock/metal/lynrd skynrd to a bunch of crap
Wiis broken
and the worst part is its only gonna go downhill from now on.
Time just turned aroud and slapped me in the face

Wrex

Smash Cadet
i'm bothered that someone things lynard skynard was the last good band

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Sheesh dont hate good music, besides this threads for venting not flaming.
metallica guns n roses aerosmith and journey were all good bands, but lets try to stay on topic

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
****! Just wasted an hour driving to a book store to pick up a maths book I'd ordered, only to find out they ordered the wrong one, now I have to wait another 2 weeks and I'm falling behind on work. :mad:

Mota

Yea that, or my bro just now told me to grab the CD of the book.

Why didn't I think of that.. XD

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I didnt know you could do that with books @_@

kids and their new fangled cd-books.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, but depends. You might have to buy the cd book online or something.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Being depressed is a bit like being trapped inside a small invisble box, that suffocates you from any joy you previously derived from anything, clouds your mind of any hope for the future and, above all else, you have no idea of when it might end.
Funny thing is... this quote from my blog PERFECTLY fits how I feel this moment as I have an hour before a take-home physics exam is due.

Heck. let's make it a SOUND-PROOF box while we're at it. That way no one can hear me trying to get out.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Funny thing is... this quote from my blog PERFECTLY fits how I feel this moment as I have an hour before a take-home physics exam is due.

Heck. let's make it a SOUND-PROOF box while we're at it. That way no one can hear me trying to get out.
Hang in there dude. I promise it will get better. I've been going through the same thing for the past half-a-year... I'm getting medical attention now, and though it's not 100% better, I know it's on the uprise. You might want to talk to your doctor about some anti-depressants such as Zoloft.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Hang in there dude. I promise it will get better. I've been going through the same thing for the past half-a-year... I'm getting medical attention now, and though it's not 100% better, I know it's on the uprise. You might want to talk to your doctor about some anti-depressants such as Zoloft.
Well... I saw a psychiatrist about a week ago. I told her I'd wait 3 weeks to be re-evaluated since I was feeling okay then.

How stupid can I get?

EDIT:

So I got a "You really need to go to class" speech from my parents.

The same speech I give myself daily.

So WHY is it that I can't go? I'm seriously about to go nuts here. It wasn't hard the first two years of college, WHY is it now? WHY is something SO SIMPLE beyond a pinhead like me? WTH HAPPENED?

lol

I'm actually laughing right now because I bet you people think I'm just hilarious. This whole thing is just some giant joke to everyone. Sure, it'd be "rude" to just laugh in front of me, so no one's going to admit it. Even God has to be getting a kick out of this. I'm like this... cockroach or something, y'know? It's just too funny to just step on'em and watch them still live. So you step on'em again and again and again and again... and again... and again! Until everything stops moving. Legs, heart, brain... everything!

lolololololololol

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Don't go the anti depressant route straight away. Have you talked to family/friends? Take everything as it comes in small steps. Try and avoid thinking of the big picture.

I've been trying to find a site to watch Dragonball Z on. Really frustrating so far. Any help anyone?

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Don't go the anti depressant route straight away. Have you talked to family/friends? Take everything as it comes in small steps. Try and avoid thinking of the big picture.
This has been slowly going on for a few years now. I was doing great my freshman year in college and now here I am, unable through lack of willpower to go to my classes (and I'm undoubtedly failing).

My family has pretty much decided I need antidepressants. As I mentioned earlier, I told the psychiatrist to wait and see how I was 3 weeks later. My friends... well, one of them thinks I might need'em and another just isn't sure.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You're being paranoid Nintendoman, why would we laugh? Also I'm guessing you don't think anythings going to get any better in this next 3 weeks, so what are you waiting for? What's worse about taking them than the situation you're in.

Jakomayne

Smash Rookie
Yeah when summer comes we'll be begging for winter. Wait that was down in Florida.
Haha good point. I like Fall the most personally, I don't have a yard so leaves aint a issue.

Also, new bother: I'm short $20 for my rent. D:

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
This has been slowly going on for a few years now. I was doing great my freshman year in college and now here I am, unable through lack of willpower to go to my classes (and I'm undoubtedly failing).

My family has pretty much decided I need antidepressants. As I mentioned earlier, I told the psychiatrist to wait and see how I was 3 weeks later. My friends... well, one of them thinks I might need'em and another just isn't sure.
It's not funny at all man. No one's trying to judge you and if they do, the hell with their crap. Putting pressure on yourself and calling yourself stupid creates a bigger wound.

Does the depression or change in attitude come and go? You said you were feeling better, yet it keeps coming back.

EDIT: Depression can make us feel absolutely isolated and cut off. A sensation of numbness takes hold drowning out pleasure. Our social lives may go down. We may develope temporary problems that occur when they're "triggered."

Venting and expression help a lot with depression, though thet can be the last things we want to do.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
You're being paranoid Nintendoman, why would we laugh? Also I'm guessing you don't think anythings going to get any better in this next 3 weeks, so what are you waiting for? What's worse about taking them than the situation you're in.
The decision to return in 3 weeks was made during one of my more optimistic moments. As we can all see... anything can happen in 3 weeks.

Anyway, I plan on making calls tomorrow since it's late where I'm at right now.

And I've had mostly all my fears dispelled on medication, so I'm not really too objectionable to them now. Especially not after my last post (details later).

It's not funny at all man. No one's trying to judge you and if they do, the hell with their crap. Putting pressure on yourself and calling yourself stupid creates a bigger wound.

Does the depression or change in attitude come and go? You said you were feeling better, yet it keeps coming back.
Well... it's not exactly stable. I'd say from Sunday to today was a drastic jump. Sunday was awesome because all the people that actually cared about me showed up to visit for the night. So... it's not really representative of my days lately, but I suppose I ought to mention that. And today... well, I pretty much let everything fall apart and it reached the point where I'm babbling nonsense on SWF. I'll get to that later.

EDIT: Depression can make us feel absolutely isolated and cut off. A sensation of numbness takes hold drowning out pleasure. Our social lives may go down. We may develope temporary problems that occur when they're "triggered."

Venting and expression help a lot with depression, though thet can be the last things we want to do.
This pretty much describes everything that's going on right now. I'll admit I don't vent much (well, not really in the right way... I've found myself talking to people about the "end results" moreso than what I'm feeling), so when stuff does come out... well, we get this:

So WHY is it that I can't go? I'm seriously about to go nuts here. It wasn't hard the first two years of college, WHY is it now? WHY is something SO SIMPLE beyond a pinhead like me? WTH HAPPENED?

lol

I'm actually laughing right now because I bet you people think I'm just hilarious. This whole thing is just some giant joke to everyone. Sure, it'd be "rude" to just laugh in front of me, so no one's going to admit it. Even God has to be getting a kick out of this. I'm like this... cockroach or something, y'know? It's just too funny to just step on'em and watch them still live. So you step on'em again and again and again and again... and again... and again! Until everything stops moving. Legs, heart, brain... everything!

lolololololololol
Guys, this... was actually the scariest thing that hit me today. Honest. Yes, I was quite aware of what I was typing, but it's kinda like the entire rational parts of my body took a vacation and let everything else throw a party.

I'M NOT KIDDING.

I've heard it a lot: You're not insane if you can ask yourself if you're insane. But this... I don't know. I just started laughing. Laughing and crying, but it was more laughing. And I couldn't stop. Maybe I was just tired from having 3 hours of sleep or something. Honestly, I... can't even figure out what happened.

As of now though... I have my sanity (if I didn't have it then), and now it's just completely emotionally numb, like XFadingNirvanaX saying. I don't know if its because I've always WANTED to stop feeling (emotional) pain or if I just literally exhausted myself (again, 3 hours of sleep isn't great), but that's where I'm at right now.

Let's see...

Happy on Sunday,
Still Happy Monday morning,
Lonely Monday evening after my parents and friend & his fiance left
Tired this morning
Frustrated to the point of losing my sanity(?) earlier this afternoon
Numb now.

I think something's up.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
There is a rumor going around that most of the community college classes will be closed for the summer which makes me worry because I planned to take some very important classes during the summer. I've been so busy the past few monthes that I never heard about this.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
@nintendoman

You may have had a small breakdown. I'm honestly not sure since that hasn't ever happened to me, but similiar things have. My best guess is that you got overloaded with some kind of mental/emotional or physical stress. Something(s) took you over the edge.

Do you have a regular cycle between certain moods?
for example: numb>happy>sad>*possibly mad/upset*>numb>happy>etc

@kirbywizard: Can you try contacting the college about it? Rumors are rumors until proven otherwise.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Nintendoman: Did anything happen that made you feel numb? When I felt numb I went through a traumatic event. And don't worry, i've written things here that felt right at the moment but I felt a bit weird about afterwards.

On a completely different note, is every girl bisexual?!?

**** sake.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Nintendoman: Did anything happen that made you feel numb? When I felt numb I went through a traumatic event. And don't worry, i've written things here that felt right at the moment but I felt a bit weird about afterwards.

On a completely different note, is every girl bisexual?!?

**** sake.
Nahhhh. Im thinking its just a trend. Set by scene kids.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I'm not too sure about that. 1. I don't know what scene kids are and 2. I swear girls have an 80% chance of being bi.

I'm going to that female gamers thread to check.
Yes, women are more likely to be bisexual than men.

EDIT: wtf Utah. That's a pretty stupid thing to criminalize.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Scene kids are rainbow version of emo.

And not all women are bi. Personally, i really dislike some women. I could never stand to date a woman.
And a lot of my other girl friends feel the same way.
Though, i do know a lot of bi girls. Though, most of them are dating guys and prefer guys.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
@nintendoman

You may have had a small breakdown. I'm honestly not sure since that hasn't ever happened to me, but similiar things have. My best guess is that you got overloaded with some kind of mental/emotional or physical stress. Something(s) took you over the edge.

Do you have a regular cycle between certain moods?
for example: numb>happy>sad>*possibly mad/upset*>numb>happy>etc
Hm... I'm not sure about there being cycles. Most of the time my emotions come about through reacting so I can only reasonably predict when things might get tough, like when assignments are due or when I have dentist appointments or just anything that I'm expected to prepare for.

I'm now wondering if "numb" is really the right word to be describing it...

I guess what I'm trying to describe is when something happens that I should or would usually react to... I don't react. That kind of feeling. I just wanted to clarify before anyone got confused.

Anyway... I think a combination of all the wrong factors caused that numb feeling. Stress, worrying about nearly everything, lack of sleep, etc.

Speaking of lack of sleep... it's 3 AM as I'm typing this. So I'm gonna cut this short for now. If I see the need to elaborate later, I will.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Tonight was a little bit more dramatic than i'd planned. My plans were watching Season 5 of Lost with my cousin then off to that music club at 7.

Instead we watched Lost till 7, got invited to a girls house for some drinks and a relax (it's a thursday and I have a job interview tomorow) but I went with my cousin anyway. Unsuprisinly i got sent to get all the drink due to the fact that i'm the only 18 year old. Drank, left at midnight with Liam and my cousin singing songs and stumbling about. Took us 50 minutes to stumble through the snow and only get 2 streets away with the poilce passing us 3 times. 40 minutes later we were only half way home (it should've taken us 30 minutes to get home from her house) and Liam and Yeager seemed to be getting drunker somehow. The poilce, who were clearly following us, stopped at the trafic lights beside us so we cut down an allyway to avoid them and hid behind a takeaway about a street away. The circled and found us and got out the car with a torch so Yeager and Liam said run and legged it. I was super unsure what to do and I could hear the poilceman shouting at us and heard him say "You want to play it like that then?" and I knew that we were just running cause we were drunk and paranoid, even though we hadn't done anything, and if we did run we'd get in trouble for wasting poilce time so I didn't. The poilceman and woman tried interigating me into admiting i'd done something wrong, even pointing out I was about to run, to which I replied "Yeah, but I didn't" and explained to them my friends just ran because they're drunk and the poilce are intimidating. They just took my details and told me to get my friends home and tell them not to do it again. Then they drove off defeated. Got Liam and my cousin home, picked up my bike, cycled l33tly home, had spaghetti, and now I have a job interview in 8 hours.

Skillz.

Mota

Haha skillz indeed, pretty awesome story.

Your mates shouldn't have legged it, good thing you kept your composure. :bigthumbu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom