• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone please settle this for me

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Ok so for my entire Smash career I have always thought Falcon said "Show Your Moves." I have NEVER heard "me" in there. Ever. And I still don't after going into sound test for like 10 mins and playing the voice clip over and over. I still don't hear the "me." However, after researching a bit (pathetic I know, right?) I found that probably 75% of people think that he says "Show ME Your Moves" and not "Show Your Moves." BananaTrooper and I debated this back and forth over AIM for a few minutes and even though he is 100% sure that it's "Show ME Your Moves" (quote: "I'm 100% sure that it's "Show ME Your Moves" - BananaTrooper) I'm still not convinced. To me the only way he could possibly get a "me" in there is to pretty much merge "Show" and "me." Sort of like "Showme Your Moves!" But is it really that fast? And if it is WHY did they make the "me" so hard to hear? I don't understand... :(

So anyways, what do YOU think he says? Whichever version gets the most votes in this thread will be what I think it is from now on. lol Thanks in advance.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
I've always thought it was "Show your moves" too. Either he doesn't say me at all or he says it at super speed.

Phobandit

Smash Rookie
Okay well since I've started playing smash and maining Falcon, I have always heard "Show your moves," while my friends mostly heard "Show me your moves." I sat down and taunted non-stop for like ten minutes the other day and now I can hear both depending on what I am trying to hear, with "Show your moves," being dominant. When I do listen for the "me," I can definitely hear it.
With that being said I am pretty sure it is "Show me your moves," and that I have been making a ******* out of myself defending the way I heard it.
The only word that is pronounced slow is moves. It's almost like "Sho-me yo moves."

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Ok so I think BT and Kraut are right. The "Me" is REALLY subtle though. WHY DID THEY MAKE IT THAT WAY? Btw now I think he sounds Italian or Spanish or something. I dunno. But yeah the "Me" is definitely there.

/thread

Edit: Phobandit hit the nail on the head. I agree with what he says 100% now.

Iwan

Smash Ace
Key....i am also 100 percent sure that he says "Show ME your moves" Again, 100 percent sure.

I've used that particular quote...both while playing the game and in actual "life"....precisely one billion times.

lol. no joke...I'm 100 percent sure

Must be earth shattering to know it hasn't been that all this time though : /. My condolences...

lol :p
EDIT**-- also, i noticed you /ed the thread. my bad.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Show me your moves!

This is the correct quote, if you listen carefully enough, the words are strung together so that it plays written out like this:

"Showmeya Moves!"

Our brains our programmed to hear individual sounds, making it easier to process full sentences such as these by breaking a phrase or sentence out into blocks, which are individually processed to our understanding. But when listened to, the Showmeya sounds as one whole word, making it harder to understand what he is truly saying, hence why some may think the "me" is missing.

When listened to over and over, if you process it carefully, or if even listened to at a slower speed, said individual can hear the "Me" in the sentence.

So for further reference:

"SHOWMEYAHEARING" or, "Show me ya moves!"

Top Bottom