• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i don't like questions like the one chan posited. its not even a mathematical question, its just grammar/semantics.

and knitephox you're wrong, refer to what aa said.

also feeling a little left out. wheres my invite for drinks/working out/other various characteristic TANK activities?

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
We all assume you and TANK are already doing unspeakable things with each other

@SK - he was arguing with battlecow over who was better and they were talking about money matching or something. Not uber serious drama but I just thought it was funny since I hadn't noticed Morino being involved in any arguments on smashboards ... until he made that big post apologizing for Near. Then suddenly it was like it's ok to **** talk people haha (though truthfully battlecow was the instigator).

e.g. this post in response to battlecow's MM challenge
I was asking where "that big post" was >_>

Yup. And it has nothing to do with grudges really. Near is proven to me time and time again that he is a liar, so I'm only annoyed when he comes back and posts a book about "how sorry" he is, then instantly reverts back to his old ways.

How come he choose to apologize to the masses (when most people never had issues with him) vs actually trying to make things right by talking with the people he ****ed with?

I still wonder what would have happened if i gave him money like he asked me too shortly before he left last time(He asked me to donate to him so he could hire someone to work on a new client?)

But either way you're my DIRK brother SK... so you're no better..we both know it :o
Apparently people did have issues with him, judging by the hate he's getting when he did nothing wrong at the moment.

Oh and I am better :troll:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just gonna clarify and say that I started the morino drama with a (very obvious) joke, which he responded seriously to because he didn't get it. Then I went in on him.

M!nt

Smash Champion
pretty sure he must have requested that thread to be removed, so the mods aren't really at fault (this time)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i'm seriously unsure whether i have ever heard a taylor swift song in my life. does she have any songs that are SO popular that I absolutely 100% would have heard it?

e.g. call me maybe, lights, you don't know you're beautiful

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If you're that out of touch with mainstream radio there's a decent chance you haven't heard any of her songs.

She has a couple catchy ones but they all sound exactly alike to me.

Her first song, "Our Song", was her best song because it actually sounds different than all the rest after she went totally mainstream pop. I'm not big on country but that's her most catchy IMO, and for whatever she seems hotter in that video than anywhere else.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
If you're that out of touch with mainstream radio there's a decent chance you haven't heard any of her songs.
Not sure what this means. How can you tell that I'm THAT out of touch with mainstream radio? Was it the songs I listed?

I am definitely not a big listener to top40 style radio, but my gym plays pop hits and also I tend to hear some of the uber popular songs from various random places. At least I feel like that's the case.

Looking at the current billboard charts (http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100#/charts/hot-100, I've definitely heard the Flo Rida Whistle song in the top 10, as well as Lights, Call me maybe, Wide awake, somebody that I used to know, and let me love you from the 11-30.

I might have heard some of the others as well but just don't happen to recognize the song names off the top of my head.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If something has to reach "call me maybe" status for you to have heard it, that makes it seem like you're pretty out of touch with mainstream radio to me.

I'm pretty in touch with mainstream radio just from the flipping through all the stations in my car during my short daily commutes. And 75% of the channels I flip through don't even play current top 40 music.

So If I can stay fairly in touch with extremely minimal radio listening I just assume that you're really out of touch.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i'm seriously unsure whether i have ever heard a taylor swift song in my life. does she have any songs that are SO popular that I absolutely 100% would have heard it?

e.g. call me maybe, lights, you don't know you're beautiful
she doesn't have any super recent megahits. If you haven't heard 'you belong with me' or 'love story' then I dunno what you were doing in 2008-2009

ballin4life

Smash Hero
ok, so i listened to those 2 and yeah i'm not 100% sure either way about "you belong with me" but I've definitely heard "love story".

looking at the billboard top 10 i've definitely also heard "we are never getting back together" (plays all the time at the gym). haven't heard "red" before.

So I guess I've heard a few of her songs - just didn't ever know who the artist was on them.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Ok posting from work right now to let you all know the HAVOC this discussion has wreaked on my psyche. So I decided to listen to the pop radio station on the way to work today to see how many songs I recognized (3/5 though the only one I could tell you the title/artist for was Katy perry - wide awake). Ok sounds fine so far.

But then the DJ interrupted the music to inform the listeners that there were now "naked Justin bieber pictures" available online. Not only that, but the DJ was directing the listeners to the radio station's own website. I'm really hoping this was a joke or something.

No, no link u sick ****s

Battlecow

Play to Win
I used to drive places and I listened to pop radio to stay in tune with the zeitgeist and so forth

now I don't drive so I'm OUT OF IT

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I feel ballin. when i listen to top 40 radio/ not college radio i pretty much have no idea what's going on or who anyone is. I heard the stupidest song on the way home from work on the country station called beer with jesus yesterday. it was redonk.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
is the dj interrupting a song standard in america? ive never heard it happen here, and from the sounds of it, i listen to a lot more pop radio than most of you

B Link

Smash Lord
I don't really have anything to say right now I just want my name scattered across the boards in the 'last post' sub-heading. yay for postcount social thread

Battlecow

Play to Win
why isn't anyone PLAYING SMASH

it sucks that on a friday afternoon not a single human being in north america besides me seems to have the inclination to play kaillera smash.

Top Bottom