• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

prisonchild

Smash Ace
my friend used to only play kirby, he claimed kirby was the only character he found fun to play with (i know, right?) but when we played and i experimented with chars like samus, luigi and other chars i never used (and he beat them down) he started using other characters. now, he loves using DK, ness, pikachu and jigglypuff.

in summary, if you only use one character you have a higher chance of becoming stagnant. i suggest you at least try out all of the other characters, and more than five minutes. getting to know a character more than just the basics is what really makes them fun, imo.

also, if you start to use other characters it will help you play against those characters better, which could help you improve your DK since it seems you want to main him regardless.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
yo aa did you hear new Touhou fighter announced? w00t.
i heard, looks weird

why is marisa sitting on her broom the whole time, that just looks awkward (and probably means she loses buttslam, oh nooooo)

and why is there a 'yes/no/i don't care which' bar behind the character portrait, this is perplexing

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
my friend used to only play kirby, he claimed kirby was the only character he found fun to play with (i know, right?) but when we played and i experimented with chars like samus, luigi and other chars i never used (and he beat them down) he started using other characters. now, he loves using DK, ness, pikachu and jigglypuff.

in summary, if you only use one character you have a higher chance of becoming stagnant. i suggest you at least try out all of the other characters, and more than five minutes. getting to know a character more than just the basics is what really makes them fun, imo.

also, if you start to use other characters it will help you play against those characters better, which could help you improve your DK since it seems you want to main him regardless.
i do try out other characters. whenever tank and i play, i try out a few others. it's not as fun for me, though.

prisonchild

Smash Ace
i do try out other characters. whenever tank and i play, i try out a few others. it's not as fun for me, though.
you said you would consider falcon, maybe just try to get really good with him as a start? his game is a lot different than DK's but i guarantee it can only help you to practise another character more heavily

prisonchild

Smash Ace
yeah i play on kb but it is nowhere near as comfortable for me as console. my goal on kb is to figure out hitboxes, strategies, etc. instead of winning. in fact all i do when i play online is try to learn/experiment because if you're not going to apply what you learn to console then you're not going to improve as much in the 'real' game

ballin4life

Smash Hero
morino makes a big post explaining that he is near and apologizing for how he acted back in the day ... and now within a week he's involved in drama again.

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING?

PS plz don't send me any more disgusting pictures kthx

TANK64

Smash Lord
Alright, you got me to bite.

battle cattle's joke seems OVB to me wtf lol

like I said i'm cool with Near/Morino as far as I can tell.

Serge=Nova, omg I'm not gonna lie, I didn't see this, but it makes perfect sense lmaooo!

I NEVER use alts (OBV). I'm always Taylor Swift online, and if I'm Crunk, I'm "Crunk Taylor Swift" online.

Tonight I will be "VERY Crunk Taylor Swift."
(for obvious reasons...)

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
She does,

but it'll make more sense for her to have her broom as her all way flight in the new game instead of her just chilln on dat **** for days.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
morino makes a big post explaining that he is near and apologizing for how he acted back in the day ... and now within a week he's involved in drama again.

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING?

PS plz don't send me any more disgusting pictures kthx
Like i said earlier, it's just typical near. Writing a book on smashboards wont change this.

Secretly he just wanted to come back and not have everyone mad at him...while still being condescending and expecting things to go his way. He'll be gone again shortly i can feel it lol.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Finally watched JaimeHR vs SuPeRbOoMfAn 12 character battle... Had good reason to avoid it, boring stuff

Battlecow

Play to Win
Someone tell near to make sure to call BC out on his lag and then actually expect him to pay up, it'd be too justified.
yeah, I'm not gonna enter any tournaments or whatever because lag's ****ed up and so forth, and anyone who doesn't wanna play me is well within their rights. Can't fix it, though, and since it happens once every five minutes or so for like half a second, I don't feel bad about playing friendlies/MM's with people who know about it and are cool with it.

Not gonna respond to your actual post because it's really dumb but I FORGIVE YOU be funnier next time

Near: yeah dude let's set up a time. They're working me pretty hard right now but if we set up something in advance I can spare an hour or so. When're you free?

prisonchild

Smash Ace
yeah, I'm not gonna enter any tournaments or whatever because lag's ****ed up and so forth, and anyone who doesn't wanna play me is well within their rights. Can't fix it, though, and since it happens once every five minutes or so for like half a second, I don't feel bad about playing friendlies/MM's with people who know about it and are cool with it.

Not gonna respond to your actual post because it's really dumb but I FORGIVE YOU be funnier next time

Near: yeah dude let's set up a time. They're working me pretty hard right now but if we set up something in advance I can spare an hour or so. When're you free?
wanna friendly? i lag a little bit also.

serge

Banned via Warnings
I used to go to the same High School as MOISES (graduated I believe). In Georgia/Alabama, they tend to meet eachother in Atlanta (never been)

I play mostly on Kaillera though.

:phone:
did u ever play moises?

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
LD is a nice guy, people like you, Near, gave him an ego because you belittle him and the way he plays.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Near, buddy, I love you but I do not need that much information about your set with LD

I like LD's style, very efficient. Obv. a lot of areas where he could improve but the stuff he does he does well.

M!nt

Smash Champion
nuuuu don't leave ; __ ;

LD's an okay guy even tho he has gotten a bit cocky lately

Channighan

Smash Ace
Started playing online again. You all get to play my crappy Link that pulls bombs when he's not supposed to and throws it at his boomerang when it's coming back to him.

So GDLK.

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
hitting someone with the explosion only when your bomb hits a boomerang

i think i did that once, and if i actually did, it would be the second biggest accomplishment of my smash career

asianaussie

Smash Hero
having the most posts in this thread

a noob praising my link for being 'like that asianaussie guy's' while i was under an alt

and i don't think i had played him before

prisonchild

Smash Ace
i have to find out the return patterns of boomerangs, i think that's a big part in using them effectively for any link player.

also, not a lot of people know this but the windmill of fury works quite well with falcon

Top Bottom