• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Morin0

Smash Lord
Well, that was an extreme example to prove my point. You can go even with someone or even have have the slight upperhand and they'll still do it. It's more or less about providing closure, than saying GGS necessarily. "I'm done" or "I'm gonna take a break" would suffice. It's just kind of respectful that if you've been playing for that long, you would say GGS or something. One of the recent people that did this to me being Star King.

NEW ADDITION:
I like to play for fun so I usually play a character that I feel like playing rather than the go-to character to win matches. I'm a n00b so sometimes I lose with these random characters I play and for some reason, it's all they need to know that they are somehow better. I can go all Link with someone, and if they beat me a bit, they'll assume I suck and just leave. Later on I would just be under a different name, go Falcon or something, and then completely dominate them. Anyways, to avoid having people leave, I usually play characters that I don't want to play with <_<

EDIT: Don't pay too much mind to what I have to say. These are just ramblings that I've been wanting to say for a long time.
:phone:

Morin0

Smash Lord
I'm beginning to understand that anytime anyone posts an opinion it's a good idea to write imo. smh
No, my word is law. :rolleyes:

It's just a matter of learning between implied opinions and stated opinions. Everything I have said is an implied opinion. It's an overkill when you say in my opinion every single time.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Soup you're cray. Saying gg should be fine :p , according to you there's no right answer. I know that, for me, being silent feels like a total **** move. If they're mad, then they're gonna take it wrong anyways... maybe.

Also, congratz to the Aussies on your placings, and props to Ciaza for showin' everyone you still got it ;)

///Official Best in Australia bragging rights until next year xD

Pete stop sandbagging! xD

--------------------------------
as for me being active online. It's finals week, and a crazy one for me. I'll be on next week.

And yea. The boards have been dead :/

---------------------------------
@Pete talk to JAMESSSS

M!nt

Smash Champion
I don't like when people say gg after every game because then I have to type it every time lol, a simple ggs when its over will be fine.

M!nt

Smash Champion
idk I don't think it's that big of a deal, some people I play do leave after a ds or something and i'm left waiting for a bit wondering if they are coming back. Its a bit annoying, but its no problem really, after like 5 mins I usually realize they are not coming back. cool guy does this a lot lol, it doesnt make me thing they are jerks or anything.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I agree. It's not that big of a deal. That is why I dismissed the things I said as ramblings. However, that doesn't mean there isn't a bit of truth somewhere in there. ;)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
TANK said:
Soup you're cray. Saying gg should be fine :p , according to you there's no right answer. I know that, for me, being silent feels like a total **** move. If they're mad, then they're gonna take it wrong anyways... maybe.
I guess it depends on your attitude and your personality, if someone like you were to tell me GGs I'd take it as a nice gesture; if someone like smasher did it I would call him a ****.

serge

Banned via Warnings
Observations:

Playing with only people you know: This pisses me off the most. You have someone hosting teams, they're in need of a player and you join but someone else joined as well. They don't recognize your name, and you get kicked. However, the other person gets to stay because they know each other despite the fact that you were in slot 4. (AKA playing favorites.) Please make it a habit to play with people you don't know. It's really unfair to those who are newbies. Of course, you obviously won't keep someone who lags and such.
Glad someone mentioned this. I never really cared who I play against whether they be new players or good. Some people strongly dislike playing noobs because its not fun to them which is understandable but everyone had to start somewhere and there's not a ton of players on kaillera anyways.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
I always saw gg as a sign of respect. That's how its used in every game.

Also, Smasher would never say gg, he'd just insult you by trying to tell you how to play, and if you win he'd say something like, "lol you're trying so hard"

Frogles

Smash Ace
one thing that really bugs me is preemptively ending a game to play with someone else. v use to do this so much that i stopped playing the entire group.

also saying gg every game gets annoying.

Channighan

Smash Ace
I'll just be like, yo lemme finish real quick and if they're open imma go play with my friends.

EDIT: Whts your stand on pausing? I pause only like on an intense death or something funny happens. I always give a countdown, and if someone dies during my pause, I drop a stock.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Lol getting mad because someone has a pre-made / room with friends...and you can't play with them? xD

GG
What? I think most people will say "had game" or something along those lines so it's pretty easy to make the distinction between a game that was already playing, and one that just started. I've also witnessed people lying saying they had a game just to get that unwanted player to leave. Anyways, why would you get mad when they already have a game?

one thing that really bugs me is preemptively ending a game to play with someone else. v use to do this so much that i stopped playing the entire group.

also saying gg every game gets annoying.
LOL, I've had that happen to me.

I'll just be like, yo lemme finish real quick and if they're open imma go play with my friends.

EDIT: Whts your stand on pausing? I pause only like on an intense death or something funny happens. I always give a countdown, and if someone dies during my pause, I drop a stock.
I try to discourage people from pausing, but I'm not too critical of it. I won't generally care unless it messes me up or it's too excessive. I used to do it :awesome:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I say gg once per session. Always after the first game I lose, and that's it. Just to let ppl know I'm not a poor sport and what not.

Unless it's someone I always talk trash to like battle cattle or MATTS!. Sometimes I'll say it then or not and just talk trash to them. Depends on how I feel.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I say ggs after its over and that's it unless someone else says gg and I usually say it too.

pausing's not an issue to me, I do it if someone feels like they shouldn't take, but i don't mind if they do.

B Link

Smash Lord
Unless it's someone I always talk trash to like battle cattle.
lmfao battle cattle

~Kaillera Etiquette by Sheermadness~
- GAME TIME PAIN TIME
- ANY PROS WANNA GET F***ED IN SSB 1v1
- NO LASERS (he's not complaining about lasers here fyi)

I know it's all in good fun btw!

A MATTS! kaillera etiquette guide? ROFL!

The Star King

Smash Hero
I say gg once per session. Always after the first game I lose, and that's it. Just to let ppl know I'm not a poor sport and what not.

Unless it's someone I always talk trash to like battle cattle or MATTS!. Sometimes I'll say it then or not and just talk trash to them. Depends on how I feel.
You neither talk trash nor say gg to me

OFFENDED

/missed like the last page

Morin0

Smash Lord
lmfao battle cattle

~Kaillera Etiquette by Sheermadness~
- GAME TIME PAIN TIME
- ANY PROS WANNA GET F***ED IN SSB 1v1
- NO LASERS (he's not complaining about lasers here fyi)

I know it's all in good fun btw!

A MATTS! kaillera etiquette guide? ROFL!
A MATTS! etiquette would be making the other player not want to play with him anymore. It's funny, I wanted to say this earlier, but MATTS! is good. I enjoy playing a Kirby that gives me a hard time (and you can apply this to Killer too). But their ego just gets in the way and you can only get a few games in before they feel like they "pwned" you enough, that they leave.

"1000 - 0 LMFAO S-PWNED 100%. TO EASY. NERD."

I can already foresee people saying that MATTS! is just trolling and he isn't being serious, but eh, I can roll along with the trolling, but that doesn't matter in the end because I'll still only be able to get a few games in. As for Killer, Killer is good. But Killer is one of those players I try to avoid because of his ego. More often than not, you will be playing with him and he'll be done once he beats you a couple times. I just don't feel comfortable playing with him. You might be thinking that I just don't like to lose, but I can vouch by saying that I can play Boom and get my *** kicked, but I would not feel uncomfortable playing him. In fact, Boom is one of my favorite people to play with because they don't pull this sort of crap. I think Sheer is the same as Boom.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Morino you play online? I've never seen you.

Honestly I can't blame people like Killer for not wanting to play people a lot worse than him. It's not about ego. It's about fun.

MATTS! is one of the most fun people on kaillera to play IDK what you're talking about.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Yeah? Then explain why Boom, iirc, doesn't like to play with MATTS! Boom is clearly better than MATTS! And I guess I forgot to mention this, but I'm not terrible <_< I can beat Killer if I play characters I'm actually good with and not characters I'm messing around with/trying to get good with. I once went under an alt and 4 stocked Killer's Kirby so I'm not TOO terrible. XD Killer has a similar history to Nova and that should say enough, imo.

But I digress, Killer, MATTS! and a few other players aren't players I exactly get excited about when they join my game.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Morino, who are you on kaillera? I'm curious.

MATTS! was on my "people not to play list" but I like playing him now just because its a challenge. It's boring to play people unless its some sort of challenge.

serge

Banned via Warnings
Yeah? Then explain why Boom, iirc, doesn't like to play with MATTS! Boom is clearly better than MATTS! And I guess I forgot to mention this, but I'm not terrible <_< I can beat Killer if I play characters I'm actually good with and not characters I'm messing around with/trying to get good with. I once went under an alt and 4 stocked Killer's Kirby so I'm not TOO terrible. XD Killer has a similar history to Nova and that should say enough, imo.

But I digress, Killer, MATTS! and a few other players aren't players I exactly get excited about when they join my game.
I think its funny that people still like to drag nova into a conversation every chance they get even though he doesn't play much anymore. If you don't like a person why bring them up in convo when hes not around anymore. Lets me know that people hold grudges over stuff in an online game from over 3 years ago.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I think its funny that people still like to drag nova into a conversation every chance they get even though he doesn't play much anymore. If you don't like a person why bring them up in convo when hes not around anymore. Lets me know that people hold grudges over stuff in an online game from over 3 years ago.
Because Nova's behavior at some point is relevant at getting my point across? Killer was a lot like Nova in the beginning (e.g., uploading videos where only he won) so it's relevant. I also have no idea what grudges you're talking about when I'm speaking in an objective point of view. I know Nova isn't really like that anymore and is hardly active. I don't have any ill-will towards him but it was a way to get my point across. Hell, even Smasher would fit the bill so I hope Nova doesn't take it personally.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Because Nova's behavior at some point is relevant at getting my point across? Killer was a lot like Nova in the beginning (e.g., uploading videos where only he won) so it's relevant. I also have no idea what grudges you're talking about when I'm speaking in an objective view. I know Nova isn't really like that anymore and is hardly active. I don't have any ill-will towards him but it was a way to get my point across. Hell, even Smasher would fit the bill so I hope Nova doesn't take it personally.

You didnt answer my question :mad:

Top Bottom