• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

prisonchild

Smash Ace
i assumed i had no chance of going to apex because of flight costs but looked it up and it would only be about $200 round trip... i'll look at my school schedule and if it's clear then there is more of a possibility i could go.

and i would have a couple of months to practise my luigi

The Star King

Smash Hero
yeah playing falcon has been infinitely easier than with dk. i just suck at dk's combos =[

also can't play online very well. i just can't get used to it. feels like mud.
Play online. Don't like it? Too bad. Get used to it, if you want to improve. I'm sorry but you need experience.

morino makes a big post explaining that he is near and apologizing for how he acted back in the day ... and now within a week he's involved in drama again.

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING?

PS plz don't send me any more disgusting pictures kthx
Where is this post? I forgive him though :)

Serge=Nova, omg I'm not gonna lie, I didn't see this, but it makes perfect sense lmaooo!
wut that one is the most obvious one yet, and this is coming from the guy who probably wouldn't have figured out Morino = Near and Smasherx74 = TalosSSB (lol) if other people didn't call them out

doesnt she have all-way flight in 12.3?

i swear like, two thirds of the cast had all way flight
dafuq is all-way flight

Secretly he just wanted to come back and not have everyone mad at him...while still being condescending and expecting things to go his way. He'll be gone again shortly i can feel it lol.
You're kind of a **** lol. Shouldn't have people like MattNF taught you something about holding grudges?

Near > morino

Glad morino pwned m2k though, fun matches to watch
Watch? Is this on Youtube or were you there?

Nah serge, never really asked where he lived.

:phone:
A fellow Smasher64 kailleran went to your HIGH SCHOOL and you didn't meet him? Wut the eff bro

As easily trolled as ever, I see.
Near, buddy, I love you but I do not need that much information about your set with LD

I like LD's style, very efficient. Obv. a lot of areas where he could improve but the stuff he does he does well.
I’m not surprised you like his style, lol. Take that for what you will.
having the most posts in this thread
you suck
i have to find out the return patterns of boomerangs, i think that's a big part in using them effectively for any link player.
It targets your position at the time it reverses direction, I guess? I don’t think it’s that important honestly (but of course I am always interested in useless information regarding this game).
upsmash or grab will almost always be a better option

lol, always giving advice, even in response to joke concepts like “windmill of fury”. I love you.
and genetic makeup scrub

+1

ballin4life

Smash Hero
@SK - he was arguing with battlecow over who was better and they were talking about money matching or something. Not uber serious drama but I just thought it was funny since I hadn't noticed Morino being involved in any arguments on smashboards ... until he made that big post apologizing for Near. Then suddenly it was like it's ok to **** talk people haha (though truthfully battlecow was the instigator).

e.g. this post in response to battlecow's MM challenge
click the view post button

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You're kind of a **** lol.
Yup. And it has nothing to do with grudges really. Near is proven to me time and time again that he is a liar, so I'm only annoyed when he comes back and posts a book about "how sorry" he is, then instantly reverts back to his old ways.

How come he choose to apologize to the masses (when most people never had issues with him) vs actually trying to make things right by talking with the people he ****ed with?

I still wonder what would have happened if i gave him money like he asked me too shortly before he left last time(He asked me to donate to him so he could hire someone to work on a new client?)

But either way you're my DIRK brother SK... so you're no better..we both know it :o

sharksquail

Smash Ace
i'm pretty sure it has the OG twelve. he was just getting the line work that day though, and i'm not sure they had totally finished.

M!nt

Smash Champion
funny how you guys jump all on morino's case when in actuality it wasnt even that bad. battlecow started the **** talk (like usual) and he responded normally just like anyone would to defend his skill.

go away surri

Channighan

Smash Ace
Going off topic here for a second:

When I see these posts where I see 1+1+1+1+1+1-1+1+1+1 X 0 = ?

And people say zero it makes me know that the world is doomed.

Channighan

Smash Ace
Nah, if addition and subtraction are there, then you just do whatever comes in order. Straight across.

EDIT: in America we learned:

Parentheses
Exponents
(M)ultiply
(D)ivide
(A)dd
(S)ubtract

I forgot what they taught in different countries.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
we got BODMAS

Brackets
Orders (exponents etc)
Division and Multiplication
Addition and Subtraction

and i think that calculators use the addition then subtraction formula rather than straight across, hence engineers act all smirky when normal people using grade 4 maths get it 'wrong'

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i thought addition and subtraction should not be in a particular order, but it's taught as addition first, then subtraction fsr
It's really just left to right - e.g. 3-2+1 is always 2. This is because addition and subtraction are the same operation (subtraction is just addition with a negative number). Similarly, division is just multipying by a reciprocal.

On a related note, if you always do the subtraction/division first then you also get the right answer. So it really should be PEDMSA (or BODMSA for you aa) if you want to consider subtraction and division as separate operations (even though they really shouldn't be).

Well, doesn't that depend on whether it's a scientific or (other calculator)?

It's like 48/2(9+3)

This is just an ambiguous/unclear expression Hence

IMO by uber strict order of operations it should be 288 (and google agrees) but 99% of the time when people use the '/' they mean to have implied parentheses around the portion after the '/' so whatever - it's just confusing and stupid (similarly 8/2/4 is ambiguous IMO). And that's not even going into the whole "implicit multiplication" thing.

Regardless, 3-2+1 is always 2.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I want to say something, and all this is really actually bothering me.

I know I shouldn't for my reasons.

Why is half of the 64 section fighting with each other :( ? What is this '09?

Leave Surri alone.
I feel like this needs to be said, yes.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
but if you were to have precisely the same controlled environment for each person, it is basically guaranteed that no two genetically different people would grow up the same

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
You're all wonderful players and I love playing this really old and outdated game with you all

Group hug

Top Bottom