• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
I found out that if you spoof your ping too low the more lag you'll have. Idk it sounds crazy but I tested it. When I spoof my ping around the 20s I lag like bad, but if I spoof it around the 40s, its like perfect. I know it makes no sense but try and see if it works because it seems like you have to find a optimal number to spoof too.

Do the test and tell me your ping, and I'll test you what to spoof it too.

http://www.speedtest.net/

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I found out that if you spoof your ping too low the more lag you'll have. Idk it sounds crazy but I tested it. When I spoof my ping around the 20s I lag like bad, but if I spoof it around the 40s, its like perfect. I know it makes no sense but try and see if it works because it seems like you have to find a optimal number to spoof too.
>____________________>

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Which is why I said it makes no sense when the lower the ping the less lag you'll have, but for some reason it works for me.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman

Do the test and tell me your ping, and I'll test you what to spoof it too.

http://www.speedtest.net/
lol
10lols

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
And thats why I wrote "idk it sounds crazy" right after the first sentence. Because everyone knows the lower the ping the less lag. Anyways when did Kaillera ever start making sense?

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
I know it sounded like I contradicted myself, but I cleared that up. Am I still missing something ? lol

Channighan

Smash Ace
I know it sounded like I contradicted myself, but I cleared that up. Am I still missing something ? lol
Lmao Boom is a dirk, so they won't wont tell you.

Entering a sever without spoofing is your "natural ping". If you spoof lower than your ping, then your saying that your Internet connection is faster than what it really is (if I'm 43, then ping to 20). If you ping lower, you're more likely to have spikes, because your Internet cannot be faster than what it's supposed to be.

You're SUPPOSED to ping higher. You may have a higher frame delay, but there will be less spikes.

:phone:

kys

Smash Ace
Okay this is driving me crazy.

Ping has nothing to do with lag. Someone with 10 ping may only get 40 fps. Someone with 150 ping may get 60 fps. Ping is the time it takes to send a packet to the server, or in other words, how far you are from the server (location).

Lag has to do with your internet connection. IIRC kaillera requires very little bandwidth so it's more about stability and not having your family stealing your interwebz or a crappy ISP (or playing during high internet traffic hours).

Think rationally about why spoofing down would cause lag. Say you live 500 miles away from a server and your ping is 54 ms. This would result in a 4 frame delay. This means it takes 4 frames to send in an input (like, pressing B to falcon punch for example) based on your distance from the server.

When you spoof you're saying, "F that, I only want 2 frames of delay. Server, pretend I live only 200 miles away so my ping is 20 ms." But you're not 200 miles away, you're 500 miles away. Hence the lag.

/obligatoryinformativepost

Anyone please correct and/or clarify what I wrote.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Lmao Boom is a dirk, so they won't tell you

:phone:
Lol Boom thought he was gonna plant super explosives in my mind with his Dirk-atry, but guess what.......

Not today son
:denzel:

Okay this is driving me crazy.

Ping has nothing to do with lag. Someone with 10 ping may only get 40 fps. Someone with 150 ping may get 60 fps. Ping is the time it takes to send a packet to the server, or in other words, how far you are from the server (location).

Lag has to do with your internet connection. IIRC kaillera requires very little bandwidth so it's more about stability and not having your family stealing your interwebz or a crappy ISP (or playing during high internet traffic hours).

Think rationally about why spoofing down would cause lag. Say you live 500 miles away from a server and your ping is 54 ms. This would result in a 4 frame delay. This means it takes 4 frames to send in an input (like, pressing B to falcon punch for example) based on your distance from the server.

When you spoof you're saying, "F that, I only want 2 frames of delay. Server, pretend I live only 200 miles away so my ping is 20 ms." But you're not 200 miles away, you're 500 miles away. Hence the lag.

/obligatoryinformativepost

Anyone please correct and/or clarify what I wrote.
Sounds about right. Usually Firo's here to clear things up about these type of things. Miss that *****...

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
UMK3 the ****, I wish I took the time to learn how to play it competitively.

I remember a long time ago some guy on Kaillera said he'd give someone iirc 100 or 1k if they was to beat him in mk4? Some **** like that, I think that was YBomb iirc lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
@the convo before the silly lag convo stuff - I am really sorry I can't play for quite a while. I know, my absence leaves a black void in your hearts. It's okay. Let it out.

But seriously I wish I could play more. I would guess a lot of people have similar predicaments, so yeah, less people on.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Maybe if you weren't such a newb and were around before 2011 you'd have seen me in my playing prime ;)

Anyone wanna do team trolling on Melee Discussion? Reply quickly please.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
that post inspired me to look at melee discussion for the first time in a while

obervations:

1) a lot of smash64 players post there too. didn't really know this. battlecow had some post in the "mango nation" thread that cracked me up

2) i loled at the "how much do you practice" thread with all the people who practice 2+ hours a day consistently (not even including actually playing matches!)

The Star King

Smash Hero
what does that entail?

also would you really want to do team trolling with me?
idk. any ideas?

idk you tell me

ooh me me me
ok I didn't see this til now though cuz I gave up after like 15-20 mins

that post inspired me to look at melee discussion for the first time in a while

obervations:

1) a lot of smash64 players post there too. didn't really know this. battlecow had some post in the "mango nation" thread that cracked me up

2) i loled at the "how much do you practice" thread with all the people who practice 2+ hours a day consistently (not even including actually playing matches!)
1) eh, idk I think not that many do. I only really see Battlecow often there. I post some stuff sometimes but it's usually silly/inflammatory (does that word work here? sounds wrong for some reason) stuff

2) yeah so did I lol, and a lot of them were people who aren't even remotely good. CUZ TECH SKILL IS THE KEY TO GETTING GOOD RITE? /Melee Discussion

Battlecow

Play to Win
armada's really technical and peach is a technically demanding character. Also, people like armada.

replace peach with puff and armada with hbox and you have a true statement

The Star King

Smash Hero
I got infracted for double posting lol, I think Krynxe was trying to get me with SOMETHING, like they what they do to get suspected criminals and stuff

Top Bottom