• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Maybe if you weren't such a newb and were around before 2011 you'd have seen me in my playing prime ;)

Anyone wanna do team trolling on Melee Discussion? Reply quickly please.
You're too young to be past your playing prime. You only have 4 good years left before real life takes over, don't waste them!

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
According to rawrimamonster in "Shieldstun too low?" thread in Melee Discussion, Boomfan started planking after Brawl came out. Planking. In Smash 64. Seems legit.

kys

Smash Ace
I'm really surprised it took so long to close the newspaper thread. It must break every rule in the history of forums.

R.I.P. thread. Long live the kaillera newspaper!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Or maybe, Star King, I just got you for

you know, double posting

because

that's against the rules and stuff

RickySSB

Smash Ace
UMK3 the ****, I wish I took the time to learn how to play it competitively.
It's crazy and fun, but if you don't know how to play, like me, you are gonna eat a lot of combos T_T

I'm really surprised it took so long to close the newspaper thread. It must break every rule in the history of forums.

R.I.P. thread. Long live the kaillera newspaper!
I loled.
The last one was the problem.

cyoonit123

Smash Apprentice
fuuu. i forgot bcow lived in champaign... i was at U of I for the weekend and I even brought smash >< woulda been fun to play someone who actually knows how to play... one friend didn't know who captain falcon was. kept calling him samsus (didn't know samus either). couldn't tell the difference between mario and luigi and thought ness was nexus... i had some fun 3v1s though lol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
fuuu. i forgot bcow lived in champaign... i was at U of I for the weekend and I even brought smash >< woulda been fun to play someone who actually knows how to play... one friend didn't know who captain falcon was. kept calling him samsus (didn't know samus either). couldn't tell the difference between mario and luigi and thought ness was nexus... i had some fun 3v1s though lol.
I'm in chicago now

you could've played with the rest of the CU crew tho, they're all more legit than you could possibly imagine.

also firo might still be down there?

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
What about dat U-Tilt combos to rest?
Does simplistic wonders :)

Anyone got any tips for Yoshi in a MU with falcon. I really don't like falcon....I despise him.....My main problem is getting grabbed....I play and I notice it and try my hardest to avoid it , but **** its that hard. :(

clubbadubba

Smash Master
against dashgrab falcons, mix in some dash attacks if they aren't at 0%, then you can usually techchase into a combo or edgeguard

B Link

Smash Lord
Wtf I got a C on my first essay this year. I've never ever gotten a C in this subject, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I feel like doing drugs or something

B Link

Smash Lord
If you were implying something: Bioethics is all about practical, real-life, important stuff. So your joke doesn't really follow.

If you weren't: OK! :reverse:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Look at how many top Puffs there are.

All you can really do is Bair, you're bad onstage as a character, and you have only like 3 good kill moves. (Bair, Fsmash, and Rest, which only combos on low damage characters.)

:phone:
do people use bair as puff like ever?

against dashgrab falcons, mix in some dash attacks if they aren't at 0%, then you can usually techchase into a combo or edgeguard
what do you use to tech chase? i always try to fair but I just get usmashed when I miss the timing by like .001 seconds.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
what do you use to tech chase? i always try to fair but I just get usmashed when I miss the timing by like .001 seconds.
Following up DASH ATTACK is fairly simple. The goal is to hit them with another DASH ATTACK. Then hopefully, a third DASH ATTACK. If you're lucky, you can even get another DASH ATTACK in before they escape. Or if they're risky and roll back into your face, a nice ftilt to ftilit to dash dance to DASH ATTACK to DASH ATTACK to spike is cool.

Also, i'm very bad with yoshi, i just thought that dash attacking grabby players is a pretty good counter no matter who you are.

meowmeowrainbowkitty

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, like bcow said, come down again sometime! We're usually up for some smashing...there're like 3-4 of us who stick mainly to 64.

Also aside:
check this outtt. It's been posted before somewhere, but it's crazy! (done by House)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-njd578Aws&feature=watch_response

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Same here....then there comes the casual UairX∞ to either the Up-Special or the Falcon Punch. :\

Everytime I see "good" falcon's with the scoops......Its like I can't win with to save my life if I play Yoshi ¬_¬

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
You can't really techchase Falcon as Yoshi with anything other than dash attack (although I don't know anything about playing as Yoshi).

I don't usually tech in place (or miss tech) off Yoshi because utilt.

Side note, I find punishing Yoshi's dash attack is ridiculously easy even on hit (even at higher percents when they follow up their DASH ATTACK with DASH ATTACK and they MISS). So don't get too committed.

Izuhu

Smash Journeyman
Lol I know I just put uair x ∞ because iits like the same thing over and over again and I didnt want to put a actual number because it depends on damage ratio and "Uair x X" just looks weird.

Top Bottom