• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
^ possible infraction for 'minor spam'

Also, lol, imageshack kills another GIF image. I haven't liked them as of late.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Battlestar

Star Bovine
I really like BattleStar.
Or you guys can just change your names to Thing 1 & Thing 2 if you really want to seal the bromance.

lol.
Me and my friend actually won this years "bromace" for the senior Suprelitives (Spelling?) in my school.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Clever, but the royalty theme is why I'm abandoning Star King in the first place. Plus Star Czar is kind of a tongue twister, nobody's gonna call me that IRL
I actually think it rolls off the tongue quite well. I knew the royalty part wouldn't sound appealing to you, but I'm confused, you guys dont actually use these names IRL do you? Seriously? I mean I do .. but it's a little different in my case..

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
No, I mean like if people talked about me IRL or something. IDK.

You know, like "Wow, Star King is so inspiring."
"I know dude, when I grow up I want to be a Star King."
Normal conversation like that.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I actually think it rolls off the tongue quite well. I knew the royalty part wouldn't sound appealing to you, but I'm confused, you guys dont actually use these names IRL do you? Seriously? I mean I do .. but it's a little different in my case..

:phone:
im pretty sure hes talking about seeing other smashboards members in real life. like at tournements or something. or even other places he might use this alias at.

Like, if i saw Starking at say, a place like apex, and i found out his real name was actually peter or something, you can bet that i sure as hell am not calling him peter. Starking it is.

EDIT: didnt know starking allreaddy wrote back. mah bad.

Peek~

Smash Lord
>Changing your name

Cmon man

Star King is fine.

It can be a great/talented players name
It can be a unique players name
You can hang with any crew with that name (x character players, black guys, weeaboos, cocky players, funny bros, etc.)
1-3 syllables is always good
Not easy to make fun of(I guess, I havent seen anything)
It's just not a horrible name (420killaxXx, UchihaStrife95, Furry_Fox-YIFF)

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
Starizard

I'm a fan of Star King, though. On the other hand, you and Bcow should probably cement your bromance; someone else might try to steal him away from you.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Starizard is gold.

Star Fire that semp suggested is awesome too:

some people call me ciaza irl and i am ok with that.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I just played all night on a newish sony 3d tv at my friends house, delay sucks ***.
just needed to vent. I can't wait to play console with you guys during apex
Also, I was thinking about a convo we had at some point on input buffering and how it's only at the start of the match, but brawl has it in game... would DK's down B be an example of input buffering? Y'know how if you hold it for a moment he continues the move longer?

TANK64

Smash Lord
@StarKing, if my vote matters. Don't change your name.

Also, I got all the kids at my school calling me TANK (well all the Brawl players in the lounge that think I'm a god lol). And at Melee tournaments and stuff of course. It is kind of weird when someone who knows your real name calls you buy your tag (when you're not at a smashfest or anything), but it happens all the time. I like TANK though so I just kind of chuckle. I also use the name TANK when I order coffee at Starbucks, or I'm at a deli or some place that asks your name.

Not that I play Brawl, go to Melee tourneys, or drink coffee at Starbucks...

@JimmyJoe, It's more at the end of the move's animation you input the next move to get it out the fastest possible. A bit different from the DK thing, but the window might be similar idk, although that's more like the shorthop thing. As in, if you let in go or don't hold it soon enough then it does the short one.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I hate it when *****es start calling me by my real name

Ballin' did that

I'm like HEEEE-YEEEEEEEL no I will not be called "Charlie" when I could be called "battlecow"

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I hate it when *****es start calling me by my real name

Ballin' did that

I'm like HEEEE-YEEEEEEEL no I will not be called "Charlie" when I could be called "battlecow"
you're in my phone as "battlecow" if it makes you feel better.

also your legend lives on as I always invoke "the battlecow" when I counterpick DK and Hyrule against kirby.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Things you never think about, but would cause CHAOS if it didn't exist:

Toilet paper after you ****

Socks on your feet over a SHOE

remote control for TV

spoons and forks

Light

electricity

Next time you start *****ing about how expensive something is or how you only have 50,000$ saved up, or how you don't like your new car, cause it only has a 6 disc Cd changer, shut your fat face, and think about people that don't have nothing.

The Great MATTS!

Battlecow

Play to Win
That hobbit trailer looked LAME, and I say that as the guy who spends a Saturday every 6 months watching all three LOTR extended versions

Battlecow

Play to Win
It uses cane sugar and not high-fructose corn syrup

Respect. STICK IT TO THOSE ****ING WELFARE QUEENS IN OVERALLS!

If they sell it anywhere in my town I'm buying some today.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Sarsaparilla is my favorite soda, but this cucumber nonsense has me quite intrigued. I ****in' love cucumbers.

Also, ginger beer (more potent the better) is objectively the best thing to mix any kind of hard liquor with.

1 part ginger beer, 1 part rum, ZERO alcohol taste. Never thought that was possible.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
SSB64 Online facebook group

Central Florida has a facebook group for melee, it works great. People can post and find other people to play or even chat with whoever is online.

So I made one for ssb64 online.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/329401377087352/

Join it. It will be better than the msn group cause more people use facebook than msn.

Battlecow

Play to Win
's not actually debatable

Great movies, no doubt, but LOTR was a generation-shaking titan of awesomosity

Plus it won more oscars

so

Top Bottom