• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgeBiG3WQpc&feature=youtu.be

Wip 2 of the combo video. Made the transition between Dexter and Alancitu slighty longer to sync the audio with the combo(It syncs, but Vegas ****s the timing, gonna make the transition slightly longer and put something there to fill the rain)

Also, The mexican flag is out of place, again thanks to vegas, but i could fix it so dont worry about that.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
What the hell why did they move my thread? Mods on smashboards are so lame. Now nobody is going to see it and join.

Jaime are you the toothless crazy looking dude on facebook?

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
So I log onto Kaillera for the first time in many months, and all I'm met with is nine million hispanic ****ers who go Kirby and only Kirby.

How is that fun?

Then this one ****er starts up a game with me (he's Kirby), we play two stocks, and then he pauses and says, "give me a second" in his goddamn Spanish language, and leaves. Seriously?

I see nothing's changed. I either get destroyed by a good player, or I'm slammed with mediocrity compensating with ****ing Kirby.

ggs

The Star King

Smash Hero
Maybe it's just because I instinctively know who to avoid playing, but I rarely come across all these noobs everyone complains about

I suppose I fall under the category of good player who destroys people tho :|

Sangoku

Smash Master
Everytime I go on galaxy (with high frames, keyboard and a fake name) I only play random noobs who pick mario. Whenever they pick kirby they try to fall on me as a rock...

And all of them end up raging. I don't know why the mentality is so different from Europe. Although there are almost no randoms, I don't remember them raging that much.

:phone:

M!nt

Smash Champion
Where's the Z button on the hori? Is it near the R button like on gamecube?

M!nt

Smash Champion
I just cant get my fingers to cancel with buttons on the top. The X button on my 360 pad is just so much closer. I really want to use my gamecube controller, if it wasn't for this one issue :/

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
happy holidays everyone, merry christmas, etc...

I just cant get my fingers to cancel with buttons on the top. The X button on my 360 pad is just so much closer. I really want to use my gamecube controller, if it wasn't for this one issue :/
>implying you cant remap buttons however you want, a-la-Agent21/ZhinShin
>PS2 setups
>Agent21..Circle=R Triangle=B Square=Z L2=C
>ZhinShin..L1=L, Square=R... LOL WTF

when i used my ps2/360 controller it was the similar to either n64 or gc
cant think of myself not playing by copying the standard n64/gc mapping setup

to each his own

Frogles

Smash Ace
inferior beings. having a jump button above b and a feels more natural than having it to the side. your crappy setups have you moving your thumb to do any aerial attack. FEH

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Lol inferior beings!
Jimmy will you pm me the link? That thing looks incredible and I would hate to buy one off some conartist.

A few questions/concerns:
1) that does plug in directly to the 64 right? No mediums?

2) do you play like **** when going back to a 64 controller?

3) the space between all the buttons is exactly the same? It's pretty much the same as the original except with out the inclusion of the useless left handle and a better/superior joystick?
:phone:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i like it alot!
How long does the joystick last?
should i bother getting a new one? or will a used one be just fine?

EDIT: Just bought a new one with mah christmas cash. so pumped.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I think It's definitely a bit more sensitive than the regular 64 controllers for tilts and such, or rather, the anolog stick feels lighter, or less stiff than a mint reg controller. The stick is shorter though, with a wider thumb pad which makes slipping off less likely.

The Joystick doesn't seem to deteriorate physically like a regular 64 controller would, which is a huge plus, but for me, after a lot of use my inputs would stop being registered, and eventually the controller became unplayable, despite the stick still feeling like it should work superbly. I'm not sure if this was a defect in my hori or if it's something all of them might be likely to experience.

I've ordered a few old ones and this is my first new one. You can't fully be sure of the condition of the used ones in my experience as the people rating them have different systems for judging the items, and there is usually a language barrier as they are likely shipping from japan. But you may get lucky, and they are definitely more reasonably priced than the new ones, but like I said before regarding the new ones- BUTTER.

tl:dr - easy taunt cancels make these pads worth any price

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I'm probably wrong here, but you guys are talking an awful lot about getting new Hori pads like it's NBD... don't they cost like your firstborn?

I could only find ONE new Hori mini pad on eBay and it was $170.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I got it for around $104 with shipping, keep in mind it lasts a long time, and if your out of college and have a job, it is NBD :)
Plus my curiosity was insatiable, I needed to try a new one

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Well, it was christmas eve and im at that point in life where i dont really need anything. so i just asked for cash. and than i saw that bad *** and i really liked it!
So basically, i had the money. its the holiday season.

Mine was 110 after everything.
Before shipping:
the used one i wanted was 65 and the new one was 95. so i thought i might as well go new for thirty extra dollars and having it be totally risk free.

Top Bottom