• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i got a bucket of mnms for christmas.

my sister got a white gold ring encrusted with a ****ing huge amethyst. pretty sure i know who the favourite child is. yet i still would have preferred my bucket of mnms anyway =D

M!nt

Smash Champion
-_-' 150$
What does that do different than a regular 20$ adapter?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
there's a whole thread of australians being australian? not sure whether to be happy or sad.

anyway, i found a piece of paper in my room yesterday that had a fox combo written on it lol. now if only I had asked santa for some new drivers for my recording setup...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Got two refurbished n64 conts for christmas. Even though the site I linked my dad to was backordered he found somewhere else to get them, what a boss. They work well too!

On a side note, its super awkward when grandma is over for christmas, and then 'grandma got runover by a reindeer' starts playing.

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
Fast fall up airs are a ***** on the hori with the sensitivity. I got a used one for $50 on ebay about two months ago. Shelling out for a new hori pad seems crazy to me too, but it's an awesome notion.

Anyone get anything special for christmas (aside from ssbpete's matches)?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Guys i wanna be awesome and use super cool DI but i suck so how use macros?

okay jokes aside how can you tell macro DI to good DI?

i swear killer uses macros

the structure in this post sucks

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah what's with every keyboard player ever being accused of macroing

I was never accused myself because I crippled my DI by using Jabo, but I probably would have been at some point if I used 100 range on Nrage

Peek~

Smash Lord
So I used to play this awesome hockey game on SNES back in a day. Only recently have I wondered what that game was. Turns out it was NHL 94, a game I often saw on kaillera and wondered why people loved playing that game.

Also downloaded Gradius III soundtrack, yees. I only recently got past level 2 after 6 months of trying. Still love it.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Re that pokemon discussion like 6 months ago

i retract my statement concerning EV training, breeding is ****ing gay

EIGHT MALES IN A ROW, THIS IS NOT STATISTICALLY LIKELY

asianaussie

Smash Hero
that was because i first did that in 3rd gen, where the mach bike existed and only the speed IV and nature were really vital for battle frontier

otherwise i just played on simulators

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Unless your trying to specialize a certain pokemons statts (i.e. Snorlax's attack), i dont think ev training is THAT important.
For a well balanced pokemon, in my opinion, going through the game and fighting random pokemon as they appear is much more effective.
Not to mention the time it takes.
Maybe im beeing lazzy, but i ev trained a charmender since birth so that my charizard would have insane special defense and special attack and i wanted to shoot myself in the head. Granted, it was one tankish charizard. but idk if it was worth it.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
charizard will never be a tank, so of course it wasn't worth it

this isn't for ingame stuff, and even ingame a standard sweeper EV set is better than 100 round the board, since going first and OHKOing > tanking random hits anyway

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
AsainAussie: 1 Kero: 0
hes a tank to me allright!
i dont allow legendaries in my party and you cant kick your starter out! so you be quiet lol.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
then EV him for speed and one of the attack stats

charizard definitely has the movepool to carry it either way

nobody EV trains as they play the main story though...imagine that: I CANT LET MY SQUIRTLE KILL THAT STARYU I DONT WANT SPEED EVS

M!nt

Smash Champion
You speak korean? Or did you watch it subtitled?
---
Every Pokemon past Gen 2 sucks lol
Well Gen 3 is ok, but that's where I draw the line.

I mean look at that thing, its atrocious.
Such hard working designers <.<

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lol dont get me started about fith gen pokemon.
****ing candles and machines and lamps and ****.
was Shatoshi Tajari(spelling so wrong) high when he allowed those to pass for pokemon?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
careful SK, if you don't pay up he'll american you to death with his bulging flexed-arm-hang-capable arms and his calzones

i dunno to go with stereotypes or personal jokes, or why im interjecting at all

Top Bottom