• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
whats the significance of killing yourself? its just to balance things out?
basically who wins any given match is irrelevent, you loose when you loose 60 stocks?

neverrmind, i gott it.
thanks guys.

Battlecow

Play to Win
dair bair combos were LOL and there was some other good stuff in there, but I expected more after reading this and seeing your youtube comment

the part that was 4 stocks of continuous gameplay was nice though too
I maybe overstated my case, also I've been on vicodin all day today (wisdom teeth and they give you way too much of that ****)

still the best application video out there IMO

The one with the reverse punch? Sublime. The right side of hyrule one? Betterbetterbest. the off-the-wall ****? Ohgod.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
religion was only temporary

nowadays it's mainly underdogs vs. altf4 in 3 different threads about if the mind is the same as the brain, with rvkevin and dre. chiming in every so often

Battlecow

Play to Win
Just won $100 in a couple of lulzy MM's with some guys from NIU. Used it to buy a brand new hori. I'm pretty sure having a not-broken controller is going to make my skill skyrocket instantaneously, and I'm looking forward to it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Is it doing that thing where you press a direction and it registers as slightly to the left/right of it?

Mine had that problem, I had to hold it up and slightly to the right to get it to register straight up. Annoying as ****.

My buddy Fynal's, on the other hand, isn't sensitive enough; he can't stick hop with it or anything.

Opening the ****er up and spraying **** with WD-40 and cleaning whatever looked unclean helped mine temporarily (fixed the problem once, then it came back a week later and the taking-apart-and-spraying+cleaning had no effect the second time). But I know jack **** about electronics/fixing stuff/anything so you probably shouldn't listen to me.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Well thanks for the insight anyways.
I actually opened mine up too so I could see if there was a visible problem, not that I know **** about electronics either, and couldn't figure anything to try.

Problems:
In the neutral position the characters walk slowly to the left.

Dashing to the right or left is tough or happens randomly.

If the stick is pressed in, charecter dashes to the right.

Plus obviously all of this wonky stick buisness makes all attacks uncontrollable.

:phone:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Speakking of Hori madness.
I just got mine in the mail and lovvveee it.

Though, i suck at taunt cancelling, and running up smashes are difficult for me.
ill work on it.

M!nt

Smash Champion
How would the mind not be same as the brain wtf.
Unless they mean a smaller part of the brain is your mind and the brain makes up more than that.
idk I'm not a neurologist.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That sounds like the stupid sort of argument that would devolve into arguing about what the true definitions of words are

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
threads of interest on the topic:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316107
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=315252
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308330&page=6 (40ppp, otherwise start at post #223)

aa: you're silly. it's a combined effort.

you're overseas
kuro is overseas
james is in melbourne (it was his birthday on the 28th fyi)
i'm not on for various reasons involving skyrim, mw3, and watching survivor series 23
1der is playing street fighter in quntletown
dunno about everyone else

asianaussie

Smash Hero
so in other words, it's all your fault

shame on you, at least play fsn or little busters

also, do you know how awkward it is to walk into a completely unmanned shop full of glaring pokemon dolls and yugioh games

DMoogle

A$
I'm not posting this in the smash 64 competitive events section because no one is gonna go there until it gets FIXED. Please don't move mods, competitve smash must live on! Also I'm not competing in this because my internet sucks right now, I just really want to see the rating system get going.
Unfortunately, I have to. I've left a permanent redirect link though, so people will still see it here, until it falls off the page.

Hopefully the forum layout gets "fixed" soon though.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i'll be on once again after i write an essay about how silly the maps are on mw3,
as well as how silly it was to have essentially every main protagonist die throughout the games [Gav, Sgt. Jackson, Ghost, Roach, Joseph Allen, Frost, Yuri and finally Soap)
and i 100% skyrim guys don't worry.

i'll start little busters soon probs

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
that may be the first time i've heard that in my life lol

the majority of my games are jrpgs that wouldn't be considered mainstream by any means, and i literally just mentioned that i plan to start playing a 4 year old, eroge visual novel that has only just been translated >_>

i liked bethesda games before they were cool, most of my friends only got skyrim because everyone else was, but NOT ME. also i got mw3 for the campaign (lol), but admittedly also because all games online played with friends are fun.

this post is suspiciously overly-defensive

SSBPete

Smash Lord
How would the mind not be same as the brain wtf.
Unless they mean a smaller part of the brain is your mind and the brain makes up more than that.
idk I'm not a neurologist.
That sounds like the stupid sort of argument that would devolve into arguing about what the true definitions of words are
the mind/brain argument isn't one founded on semantics.

some people believe (mostly religious) that the mind is soul-like and non-physical whereas the scientific community consider the mind as physical matter ie. a series of neurons/atoms etc. hence mind = brain.

Battlecow

Play to Win
^^dum

They're extremely closely connected, but not the same thing.

The mind doesn't encompass dead matter from a stroke or w/e, for example, but it would still be part of the brain. That's just one example.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Mind

Brain

I really when people ask questions like what is art? words have definitions, if you are talking about something else that is a definition you made up then make a new word, for serious.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i wouldn't touch that sort of argument with any length of stick

as for the 4-year-old visual novel ciaza's about to play, it's about as mainstream as visual novels get without being phoenix wright

real hipsters play persona

Battlecow

Play to Win
@clubba Tru, but often a dictionary definition doesn't fully encompass a word's connotations, etc. and you have to ask a question like "what is ___?" and think about it to gain a more complete understanding.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I love discovery channel **** like that, always so interesting
I watched one on dinosaurs 2 days ago rofl

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i wouldn't touch that sort of argument with any length of stick

as for the 4-year-old visual novel ciaza's about to play, it's about as mainstream as visual novels get without being phoenix wright

real hipsters play persona
hardly

everyone's probably forgotten about it and/or are still obsessing over clannad. real men play da capo.

i might download this 'frozen planet'; i love wildlife documentaries

M!nt

Smash Champion
No, I haven't seen it. Haven't seen Planet Earth either.
I'll download it after December is over because my limit is 10 GB away from being over.
--
^^lololol
720p its the resolution of the video 1280x720, basically how big it is. the P stands for progressive which you don't need to know about just know that it's better than interlaced.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
ohhh aha thought soo. i thought that may have been one of the ten thousand important terms that i should probably know by now, but dont, that sound like everyday things but end up being some sort of crazyy madness.
just making sure.
thanks my minty chocolately friend.

edit. mint chocolate chip is allright but coffee ice cream for the win.

Top Bottom