• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Yobolight

Smash Lord
It is impossible to know if it is good or not until we know mora about the physics engine, everything we have seen as of now is just flash.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I havent played brawl since it first came out, but aside from new characters, It looked like they were showing brawl footage to me
Yeah I couldn't believe how much it looked like Brawl, and I really doubt it's going to be much different than it. I'll still play it for fun with friends who own a wii u, but their lineup is so weak that I don't even care about that console.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Brawl with more characters and stages? Day 1 buy. Haters can go jump in a lake.

That said, judging from appearances is stupid. No one knew what Brawl was going to play like from the first trailer, and no one knows what Smash 4 is going to play like now.

DMoogle

A$
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Smash 4 I can't waitttttttttttttt. The day that comes out is the day I buy a Wii U (I'm sure the console will have a strong lineup by then).

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't be more hyped. I honestly don't care how it compares to Brawl, Melee, or 64. I just want my new Smash game.

Sakurai sure wasn't kidding about all that focus on making each character feel super unique. All three of the ones revealed are way out there compared to what we've had in the past.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Idk guys looks like SSB64/Melee/Brawl when played by casuals to me. Unless you actually mean graphic, which is lolwhocares.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea can't tell anything from watching the nubs play. Wonder what kind of advanced techs will exist and what kind of combo ability it will have? Always a sucker for new characters though. Even though half of the new chars in brawl I only played once or twice.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
the Wii Fit instructor looks hella fun to play, as does the villager. I'm sold already, and I'm really looking forward to what other characters they have up their sleeve.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It's impossible to tell anything from the trailers and early gameplay demos, but my guess is the engine will end up being somewhere in between Melee and Brawl's (right now it looks like Brawl's without the dumb edge mechanics and more hitstun). I'm not particularly excited to be honest. I'm not getting a 3DS or a Wii so I'll play it at Smashfests and see how I like it. I'll probably just stick with 64 and Melee though.

Also, Wii Fit Trainer = WTF. I bet pressure from corporate Nintendo to make Smash even more of a Nintendo marketing tool is to blame.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'm not too mad at that. The whole wii series of games is one of Nintendo's most successful franchises ever, so it makes sense that something wii related would make it in the game. I'd rather have a mii than the wii fit trainer, but oh well.

malva00

Smash Master
I p2ped with Kefit yesterday. Turns out we never played recently because we were too lazy to contact each other.

Reason some people don't play each other = laziness

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
new ssb game looks interesting, not getting it most likely as I don't own a WiiU/3ds and I probably won't get one for this. In terms of the speed, it looks like Brawl+, a bit inbetween Brawl and Melee

I p2ped with Kefit yesterday. Turns out we never played recently because we were too lazy to contact each other.

Same reason why fake smash tournaments rarely work

bloodpeach

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they could have brought in Mii and Villager at the sime time. They're too similar.

So excited for Villager though. Can't wait to pocket a stitch face.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman

Laziness is a terrible beast. We gotta p2p more often so I'm not so rusty at Apex this time around.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Not sure why you guys are hating on the Wii Fit trainer

I do recall Sakurai saying he wanted to add more BALANCE to the next smash game

she fits in quite well

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Smash 4 will balance will balance casual and hardcore, says Sakurai.

http://kotaku.com/the-next-smash-bros-will-balance-casual-and-hardcore-513211771

"So now, for this time around, we're sort of aiming for something that is in between those as far as the speed of the game. Because I don't really think this time we're in a situation where we're trying to accommodate that many new players."
Not trying to accommodate new players, sounds promising to me. I may actually be interested in the new smash.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Guys stop talking about Brawl 2. This is the SIXTY FOUR social thread. ya'll sound like vaginas

Sedda

Smash Champion
Heeey it says we can talk about anything! It's good news, but I have no reason to buy the Wii U lol

I can't wait to let my friends buy it so I can play it!!!!!!!

Top Bottom