• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Sangoku I <3 you and your DI video.
It is in my smash tutorials playlist on you tube , and I have personally shown it to several people I know to teach them DI.

So take your salt and throw it on some dark chocolate for added flavor.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Holy **** don't tempt me with japanese tournaments my soul can't take it
Seriously. It's either KANTO or APEX (lack of funds), and KANTO is really tempting since I've been wanting to go to one of those big Japanese tournaments ever since I heard about them.

malva, if you're in contact with Jousuke, can you ask him what happened to aokaok?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah Yoshi's ****ing weird and not like playing against other characters cause of his super armor and djc stuff. Protect his secrets with your life.
Nah Yoshi is free. Play Sheer a few times and you'll learn.

Nah man, get off your computer and play some console tournies.
I did. And everyone I played in that Maryland tournament (IIRC, you, JBAndrew, Wenbobular and Seagull) used Falcon against me.

Plus, I dunno if alluding to console trends like the all-Pikachu spectacle of Zenith is a good way to get me to play console... I think you just accidentally scored a point against console ;P

malva00

Smash Master
Seriously. It's either KANTO or APEX (lack of funds), and KANTO is really tempting since I've been wanting to go to one of those big Japanese tournaments ever since I heard about them.

malva, if you're in contact with Jousuke, can you ask him what happened to aokaok?
APEX might be better since it's three days and the Japanese tournament is only one. I heard madrush might use some buddy passes to try to get Peruvians over to APEX next year. Plus I could try to convince more Japanese to come to APEX after I go.

Oh yeah plus Japanese version is not as fun >__>; in fact the main reason I'm going to Japan is because Brenda, my gf, has never been there, and her Japanese dad is only allowing us to go there and nowhere else overnight (I guess he doesn't like the idea of us sleeping near each other). If I was single, Peru Round 2 would sound more fun than Japan Round 4.

are you asking what happened to that server or do you want to know about other available servers?

I did. And everyone I played in that Maryland tournament (IIRC, you, JBAndrew, Wenbobular and Seagull) used Falcon against me.
lol tourneys... smashfests/non-tourney ssb is way more fun (console).

Skrlx

Smash Champion
APEX might be better since it's three days and the Japanese tournament is only one. I heard madrush might use some buddy passes to try to get Peruvians over to APEX next year. Plus I could try to convince more Japanese to come to APEX after I go.

Oh yeah plus Japanese version is not as fun >__>; in fact the main reason I'm going to Japan is because Brenda, my gf, has never been there, and her Japanese dad is only allowing us to go there and nowhere else overnight (I guess he doesn't like the idea of us sleeping near each other). If I was single, Peru Round 2 would sound more fun than Japan Round 4.

are you asking what happened to that server or do you want to know about other available servers?
Yeah, what happened to aokaok. I just looked at the cost of a flight ticket to Japan and it's 1k+ I wish I had a BUDDY PASS. Oh well, I guess you're right. I've never been there either, so I was thinking of going more or less for the tourism aspect, but 1k? ****. (That's not even counting spending money for food and such.)

APEX it is.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
how about coming to the Japanese tourney in August Kefit? :happysheep:
Man I wanna but I don't think I can justify the $1200+ plane ticket for one day of super awesome smash. Especially not when I'm already planning a two week trip to Japan with my friends in 1-1.5 years.

I'm planning to be in NJ for like a week for Apex 2014 though. Gotta arrive a couple of days early to get the rust off and stay a couple of days late to get in as much Smash as possible!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
boil hot water in a pan, add dish soap, pour in toilet, let it sit, flush

usually the soap will dislodge/loosen the stuff clogging the pipes

if not, gl with your ****flood

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Yes getting more to come to Apex would be really cool.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i really don't see what the fuss is about with omelets. i've only made them when i have an extra egg. otherwise i just make taylor ham and two eggs. i used to have epic breakfasts when i was like 15 and at home during the summer - i'm talking bacon, taylor ham, eggs, toast, pancakes with the works, oj and milk, and then a bowl of soup. never really wanted to throw any cheese or ketchup in there and make an omelet.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I prefer a simple sunny-side up or scrambled egg meal. I'm not a huge fan of eggs in general though.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
how about coming to the Japanese tourney in August Kefit? :happysheep:
MAN all this JAPAN talk auhuguhguaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
If they have the same tournament next year I'll go then. Also, boom will be out of school so he can probably go. Although I would be more interested in peru. If peru comes to apex 2014 I think we should go there, and try to get the japanese to come at the same time

malva00

Smash Master
Turns out the Kanto Tournament probably can't be held until after I go home (later than August 18th), so OH WELL for me.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Travel one week later and stay one week longer =) or make them change The day for The tourney :)

Sedda

Smash Champion
Someone help me with this. I'm at my dad's house for a few days, and since I started using his wifi, other computers won't connect to his network anymore UNLESS mine is also connected. Help?

TANK64

Smash Lord
**** I can't catch up with all this.

Anywho
@SK, I now understand what Defying Gravity is actually amazing. Don't know why that took that long...

Also, someone entered Zenith under Zyzz lol. That's funny.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Someone help me with this. I'm at my dad's house for a few days, and since I started using his wifi, other computers won't connect to his network anymore UNLESS mine is also connected. Help?
i have the opposite problem. if any other device is connected to my router - my mom's laptop or my phone, for instance - i can't get on the wifi, UNLESS i was the first one to connect.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Steven (cmu6eh) invited this random over from Massachusetts today. He's pretty good for a random. Highlight of the smashfest so far:

Random: "Yeah, I told my buddies I was going to play smash with some dudes, and they were like, 'they're going to **** and kill you'."

Later on, I went to the store to get something, and Steven asked me to pick up some petroleum jelly (Vaseline) because that's what he uses to grease his sticks. When the random heard that, he was like, "Now I know that you guys are going to **** and kill me."

Skrlx

Smash Champion
100+ ping at Galaxy in New York. Yuck. Like if 5 frames in Chicago wasn't enough.

I'm gonna look into getting a west coast server. If it's cheap enough, I might do it.

Top Bottom