• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I was going through some old stuff and found the ruleset that Skyfire and I used before we found out about smashboards.

We come from a small town that has a lot of players and not a lot of tournaments. In an attempt to better our competitive scene we developed a system that allowed players to challenge other players in "ranked" matches. The player with the best record had the most bragging rights. :p

Not a bad ruleset I'd say.

1) Before the ranked match, one must declare that it is a ranked match. It only counts as a ranked match if both players agree.
2) One cannot re-challange someone to a ranked match if he/she won the previous ranked match.
3) One can only challenge people who actually play the game.
4) One must accept any challenge that isn't a ranked-rematch.
5) Each match should be played with 5 stocks, and no items. Games must be 1V1 and the stage must be random. The best of 3 games is the winner.
6) Rule 6 may be varied if both players agree so.
7) In the event that one quits in the middle of a match without the consent of his/her opponent, the player who quit loses that game.
8) If one must pause, he/she must tell their opponent before doing so. You cannot pause in the middle of combat.
9) When un-pausing a game, both players must go to opposite sides of the stage before continuing the game.

Looking back at this, it seems rather silly that there are no rules regarding character counter-picks. But when everyone in your town only knows how to play their main character counter-picks were unheard of lol.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Hey I've been improving! I beat han solo in a best of 3 my link vs his fox

* (J) version

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Day off tomorrow (today for you EC peeps), so I'm gonna be breaking in my new controller all day. :3

clubbadubba

Smash Master
But if everyone starts playing yoshi people will learn how to play against yoshi and he'll become useless

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Falcon. He needs to be back in the in crowd. He's been out of style for too long, its the year of the falcon guys.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I was about to start teaching weedwack Yoshi the other day.

But then I realized I gotta stop doing that or then everyone will know how to play vs Yoshi.

And that's like the biggest advantage Yoshi has. Most people are clueless against him.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Seriously Sheer you're ruining the fun of Yoshi. You're grounded!
I'm just as guilty though xD.

@Clubba, I was gonna go all Yoshi for my next tourney but I feel like everyone plays him now and was like mehh lol.
Soooooooo, I'm going all Falcon for next Apex.

So peeps can prepare for me =P
Until I enter under TanklinTheFertile and then again the advantage 8)

And I agree, Falcon died when I stopped playing him...

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
there was a guy on kaillera - "EveryKidAndTheirMotherPlaysFalcon". i presume it was that guy who always changes his name and goes communist kirby.

but yeah. we need some more puffs, some more bbygrls. it's refreshing to see ness players, like chris and yobo. how many dk's are there? lawd.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
But then I realized I gotta stop doing that or then everyone will know how to play vs Yoshi.

And that's like the biggest advantage Yoshi has. Most people are clueless against him.
Yeah Yoshi's ****ing weird and not like playing against other characters cause of his super armor and djc stuff. Protect his secrets with your life.

ps when are we gonna have the year of the DK

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
If people learn how to play against yoshi, yoshi players will just have to be more creative. Such is the nature of the metagame.

It is bittersweet to move on from my first main, but I started playing ness 3 years ago and I feel like we had a good run together. I want to play a more tournament viable character to give myself a chance to place higher.

Not that its impossible to place highly in tournament's with ness. Nangoku showed us otherwise at apex. I just dont have the level of commitment to continue competing at that large of a disadvantage. And I am rather fond of winning.

TANK64

Smash Lord
@weedwack,
As much as I want to call you out, and say you're a punk ass ***** *****, I know I have thought about going all Luigi/Link in tourney and end up pussying out and john in my head about the char not being good enough.

It's like, it's all good until you run into a player who really know how to shut down your options. And then you're like... well ****. It's like a gimmick. It's like the char's whole playstyle is a gimmick. It absolutely ***** until they find out.. then it will never work again.

/LowTierSupportGroup

But then Roca or whatever his name is did well with Luigi...
and Isai...
soooo maybe I just need to get better ;___;
Also, have you played Sheer's Ness recently? Dude *****. TrueFax.

@Clubba, Lmaooo!!! You're on a roll dude xD

clubbadubba

Smash Master
dude i know i have like 10 likes today. Are you back yet? I want to play taylor swift in smash

malva00

Smash Master
Housing in Japan for my girlfriend Brenda, me and madrush is more or less SECURED. Now we just have to purchase the buddy passes. Jousuke says the BIG Kanto tournament will probably be on August 17th, so that means we'll probably go to Japan near the end of July.

Top Bottom