• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sedda

Smash Champion
i have the opposite problem. if any other device is connected to my router - my mom's laptop or my phone, for instance - i can't get on the wifi, UNLESS i was the first one to connect.
routers, man

I just reset mine to factory settings and it did it lol

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
Anyone got tips on how to better incorporate uair to pawnch in my falcon game?

I know that it happens at 70%ish non stale and 90%ish stale on FFers, but it seems like the platforms never match up to let it happen. I play on DL and the best I can do is get a grab around 55% -> running FH uair -> land on low platform -> FH punch, but it's pretty superfluous since you can just land a regular fthrow-punch at that damage anyway.

I've also seen Tavo do crazy stuff like linking quickly double jump fast fall uairs together and finishing with punch, and also fast fall first hit fair -> land -> FH uair -> second jump punch but that looks beyond me.

Basically, anyone got any straightforward combos I can practice that incorporates uair -> land -> punch on DL preferably?

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Anyone got tips on how to better incorporate uair to pawnch in my falcon game?

I know that it happens at 70%ish non stale and 90%ish stale on FFers, but it seems like the platforms never match up to let it happen. I play on DL and the best I can do is get a grab around 55% -> running FH uair -> land on low platform -> FH punch, but it's pretty superfluous since you can just land a regular fthrow-punch at that damage anyway.

I've also seen Tavo do crazy stuff like linking quickly double jump fast fall uairs together and finishing with punch, and also fast fall first hit fair -> land -> FH uair -> second jump punch but that looks beyond me.

Basically, anyone got any straightforward combos I can practice that incorporates uair -> land -> punch on DL preferably?
ask a question thread or character specific discussion

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
^nice.
I'm gonna be on the NYC galaxy backup more these days. Its been a lot busier since Chicago closed, and I think I actually don't hate online play when im getting 1 frame..

Still fake smash but it's better than nothing

Skrlx

Smash Champion
No, it's in Virginia or something. It used to be on the west coast, but it died, and I'm the one that helped Brownout bring it back when Supra killed Godweapon.

EDiT: wtf. I was replying to NTA. I didn't see all these other posts

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
if i may put this out there: i would do the absolute worst things to kreayshawn. i have no shame. judge me.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Ness and I had a rough patch but we talked it out and everything is going to be ok.

The day I stop playing as ness is the day I stop playing for fun. As my compatriot cobr_evolution often says, "ain't about dat lyyyyfe."

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
usually that's paired with SWAAAAG KING KONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

or TASTE MY NIKES

though not as often SUP WITCHAAAA

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Ness and I had a rough patch but we talked it out and everything is going to be ok.

The day I stop playing as ness is the day I stop playing for fun. As my compatriot cobr_evolution often says, "ain't about dat lyyyyfe."

Don't give up on Ness! Our matches were super fun! =)

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
I get 2 frames on this San Francisco server.

I must have sucked last time I played online at 2 frames eons ago because this still feels like swimming through gravy. I don't know how you people do anything technical in this kind of environment.

But hey this should let me play socal people at 2 frames so it's pretty cool I guess.

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
why yes things like proper movement and pivots and platform drops are pretty important for pika too

though I spend most of my time online with Kirby failing to pivot or chain any aerial into an utilt properly, let alone dash pivot utilt :<

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
that actually wasn't bad. i wish the bars played that instead of top40.

and it's really a sweet video

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
oh yeah, my "mint condition no joystick play" controller came in today. It feels pretty legit. But I don't have a console setup at home anymore* so I'll have to wait until next time I play Jel to test it out for real.

*don't have the space for a CRT and an HDTV in my room :<

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I dunno how some of you are so sensitive to frame delay. I can barely feel a difference from 1-5 frames. And that's with Yoshi and Fox compared to some of you with a lot less technical chars.

I'm too good with delay. Jaime is better though.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Seeing all the new games from Sony and Microsoft made me realize a couple of things:

There have been more nintendo home consoles after the N64 than before.
More Zelda games after OoT than before.

Damn it time, what are you going

clubbadubba

Smash Master
you just blew my mind in the worst way possible. We're so old we're basically on life support.

Olikus

Smash Champion
looked very similar to brawl. But we need to try the gameplay before we judge I think. I have no problem playing only ssb64 anyway.

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
I hope smash 4 sucks donkey weiner

Don't want to lose any 64 players since our community is small enough as it is. Wonder if smash 4 will replace brawl at tourneys or if there will just end up being 4 different events

Top Bottom