• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Before another "Any smashers in _________" thread pops up, people, please use this

Player Compendium

That's how I found out who was in my area and got in touch with them (A$, Star King). Prolly needs to be updated though. People update your info.

B Link

Smash Lord
I will be going to Impulse this weekend. I don't know how many people are actually going to play 64 despite rumors that about 30 people will play. I'm pretty excited (and scared) to play Nintendude (if we actually play against each other) haha.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^I wanna play Nintendude ;__;

@Ballin',

I finished my Jack 3d cyle, and I will say this:

-Made gains.
-Maintained strength and energy even on a low carb diet.
-Actually built a lot of muscle and strength in my legs (But they still look skinny a hell >__> )
-Increased stamina for more sets which obv also helped my chest, arms, shoulders, back, ect...
-Great pump
-Haven't lost any strength since a week off of it.

But the only problem is...

ehh idk- I feel like I could have done the exact same thing without a preworkout just like I was before. Yes it's been a substantial month+ for me, with SERIOUS gains, buuuuut I've also been on a strict diet and have had a much more serious mindset about this whole thing. Obviously hard work and discipline is what matters and not some supplement. But still, I think it was more of my mindset than anything. Which is weird saying that since I got even better results then I anticipated lol.

That being said: Glad I took it. I would recommend it. I think it helped.

Next up: Black Powder xD

ballin4life

Smash Hero
^^I wanna play Nintendude ;__;

@Ballin',

I finished my Jack 3d cyle, and I will say this:

-Made gains.
-Maintained strength and energy even on a low carb diet.
-Actually built a lot of muscle and strength in my legs (But they still look skinny a hell >__> )
-Increased stamina for more sets which obv also helped my chest, arms, shoulders, back, ect...
-Great pump
-Haven't lost any strength since a week off of it.

But the only problem is...

ehh idk- I feel like I could have done the exact same thing without a preworkout just like I was before. Yes it's been a substantial month+ for me, with SERIOUS gains, buuuuut I've also been on a strict diet and have had a much more serious mindset about this whole thing. Obviously hard work and discipline is what matters and not some supplement. But still, I think it was more of my mindset than anything. Which is weird saying that since I got even better results then I anticipated lol.

That being said: Glad I took it. I would recommend it. I think it helped.

Next up: Black Powder xD
I saw you complaining on FB about how you couldn't do your smashboards supplement review lol

On legs: do you do squats or deadlifts?

On low-carb: carb cycling is the bomb. i just ate half a loaf of banana bread.

Overall: yeah I definitely think it's hard to tell what caused the results when you're changing multiple things (adding supplements, changing mindset, etc). of course you gotta give yourself credit for having a good mindset.

TANK64

Smash Lord
On legs: do you do squats or deadlifts?
No. I'm gonna probably change gyms soon and start doing squats, but now I'm just using a rinky dink apartment gym. It has no squat rack, like da fuq. But it's free soooo lol, that's where I go :awesome: .

On low-carb: carb cycling is the bomb. i just ate half a loaf of banana bread.
I'm gonna start cycling when my body gets used to this/reach a hault. Right now I'm pretty satisfied with the rate of fat loss with this, and am way past the initial energy/mood phase.

Also, banana bread 2good.

Overall: yeah I definitely think it's hard to tell what caused the results when you're changing multiple things (adding supplements, changing mindset, etc). of course you gotta give yourself credit for having a good mindset.
Yea definitely. It's like the same thing with the fat loss. I started my diet and also increased my activity a ton at the same time. I'm getting mad results, but I can't exactly break down percents of how much to attribute to what. So I'm just sticking with what is working until I need to change it.

Weigh in on Sunday. Get hype.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
No. I'm gonna probably change gyms soon and start doing squats, but now I'm just using a rinky dink apartment gym. It has no squat rack, like da fuq. But it's free soooo lol, that's where I go :awesome: .
An apartment gym that has a bench press rack is already like 90th percentile for apartment gyms afaik.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
my mate was telling me he had 3 jack3d's before he went drinking the other night...i didnt know what he was talking about at the time, but from what i gather from TANK/ballins posts, it sounds kinnda dangerous.

i prefer squats because my lower back gives out before my legs when doing dead lifts. ive worked a lot on my back recently so it might not be as much of a problem anymore.

:phone:

TANK64

Smash Lord
An apartment gym that has a bench press rack is already like 90th percentile for apartment gyms afaik.
Dude, hell yea. It's legit. It would the SS tier of apartment gyms if it just had a squat rack.

my mate was telling me he had 3 jack3d's before he went drinking the other night...i didnt know what he was talking about at the time, but from what i gather from TANK/ballins posts, it sounds kinnda dangerous.

:phone:
3 scoops I'm assuming. That sounds like such a good bad idea lol. Beta alanine + alcohol would be interesting xD. Itchy skin ftw. I am a pro at mixing caffeine and alcohol though, and it's just great :awesome: .

Disclaimer: But seriously that can't be good for your blood pressure. I don't want to cause Pete's death D:

fixed.

10tacos
lol Best.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
In college we had a health adviser who would send out health related emails. Once he sent out a "dangers of alcohol + caffeine" email which made it sound like the most awesome thing ever.

Top Bottom