• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
By inflation you guys mean that the value of gold in terms of dollars is dropping dramatically, right?

The price of items in terms of dollars has remained relatively constant?

So the price of items in terms of gold has gone up quickly?

I'm interested in this from a purely economic standpoint

if you had done the most minimal amount of research, you would know that inflation was going to happen eventually and held onto your good equips.
obviously... but not at the obscene rate it has been.

furthermore, only a small portion of players use the rmah. all my friends and i have never used it and it has had no effect on the way we play the game. we've all clocked up about 60 hours game play and have almost finished inferno.
blatantly false

the rate at which gold inflates is currently a lot higher than the dollar, because of bots

SSBPete

Smash Lord
the rate at which gold inflates is currently a lot higher than the dollar, because of bots
bots are not a big deal. one of my friends got his entire battlenet account permanently banned for botting. he got caught within a day or so.

and yeah, ballin, i think that's right. like i said i don't use the real money auction house but prices of items in terms of gold is increasing

:phone:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
theres nothing to do in diablo3 once u beat inferno OTHER THAN get really good gear for pvp/expansions/RMAH. blizz can always piss on your parade by making pvp specific items in a later patch, effectively making all your hard farmed gear worthless.

i played d3 for about a week and a half when it came out with 1 real and 2 glitch rushed lv60 toons and have concluded that it is a game for casuals at current, can't even DUEL.

bots are not a big deal. one of my friends got his entire battlenet account permanently banned for botting. he got caught within a day or so.

and yeah, ballin, i think that's right. like i said i don't use the real money auction house but prices of items in terms of gold is increasing

lmao all of your evidence is of the form "my friends this" and "my friend that". very compelling.

your friend just doesn't know how to do it. there are techniques to bot and never get caught currently. not because blizz can't do it, they just don't really care. diablo 3 is entirely a game for casuals atm, and with each patch it looks like blizzard intends to keep it that way. :[

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
WoW in a nut shell.
pvp gear grinding is just time in wow, it's guaranteed; you kill people instead of boss/trash mob scripts to get pvp gear, which i like. its a fun game if you have people to play with in arena and BGs.

D3 is constant gear grinding in general and that makes it seem like pvp will be garbage considering possible credit card heroes ruining a farmer/pvper's work/time. If blizz implements pvp gear from doing actual pvp i will probably go back to d3; if you need to pve grind for pvp gear the game is pretty much done for me; gotta wait to see if i'll be satisfied or disappointed

The Star King

Smash Hero
Back in the United States. Now summer can truly begin *whips out electric guitar*

So Star King, did you only get to play Cave and half of me while you were in Europe?
Pretty much, also a little bit of Mahie in extreme lag, 4 or 5 frames and him using some different keyboard or something.

Trip was incredibly disappointing in terms of Smash, because I KEPT LAGGING except against Cave (after the first few matches), and I can play Battlecow back home if I want to. Also I spent a lot of time touring the city and stuff. Museums. Museums everywhere.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I do like hating on standard Falcons :troll:, but that wasn't what I was saying lol. Cave and Battlecow just happen to have a similar style. I wouldn't call them standard because actually their dashdance grab stuff is kind of weird.

BTW once again I've had the phenomenon of posting on Smashboards on a computer after a long time using mobile, and realizing that my signature is mad annoying. I tried doing a self-meatriding signature because they seemed to be all the rage, but I guess it wasn't for me. I don't get why so many people have that kind of signature o_O. Maybe ballin is right in his signature hate, although for the wrong reasons

clubbadubba

Smash Master
wow star king, i must say your take on sigs is completely off base. its all about self-meatriding sigs. And unfortunately, I have you by the balls on this one, just check the sig. Oh and here's one more sentence just to make sure my sig shows up (because this post just would not have the same effect if my sig doesn't show up).

Son of a *****! You've got to be kidding me, no sig yet? How long does my post have to be for it to show up? Its only like 5 words long. There must be something weird about sig rules. Anyway sigs are cool, if this post doesn't show my sig i give up

The Star King

Smash Hero
Quote tags are included in the length of a signature, even though they're not included in 10 char minimum detection (lol Smashboards logic). But still I would think that's long enough, maybe you forgot to check the box or something

You should have taken the excuse to spam btw :troll:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
lmao all of your evidence is of the form "my friends this" and "my friend that". very compelling.

your friend just doesn't know how to do it. there are techniques to bot and never get caught currently. not because blizz can't do it, they just don't really care. diablo 3 is entirely a game for casuals atm, and with each patch it looks like blizzard intends to keep it that way. :[
im just telling you why i like the game. from personal experience blizz ban botters instantly.

but sure, your conjecture, with no actual evidence is compelling too.

i agree its for casuals, i have no intent to play d3 competitively.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I do like hating on standard Falcons :troll:, but that wasn't what I was saying lol. Cave and Battlecow just happen to have a similar style. I wouldn't call them standard because actually their dashdance grab stuff is kind of weird.

BTW once again I've had the phenomenon of posting on Smashboards on a computer after a long time using mobile, and realizing that my signature is mad annoying. I tried doing a self-meatriding signature because they seemed to be all the rage, but I guess it wasn't for me. I don't get why so many people have that kind of signature o_O. Maybe ballin is right in his signature hate, although for the wrong reasons
what are my reasons and what are the right reasons?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah, too bad the only smooth set you had was with Cave. He's a nice guy, but as you said, he's got a weird playstyle. Lol at their dashdance grab stuff, I've always found that ungraceful.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i wish i could drop out of uni and just play diablo for a living

also, after tripping interstate and playing melty blood in all my spare time im quote unquote 'giving up' smush 64 (this is what, the seventh time?)

stupid kiddy game always makes me come back

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Who started the argument? You agreed with me and yet you still had to throw a shot at me haha.

it's page scrolling time but that's primarily an issue for big picture sigs rather than text sigs (although a sig that screws up the page loading time would indeed be terrible). also it's just one of many reasons to dislike sigs - the narcissistic sig trend is certainly another

SheerMadness

Smash Master
One time I asked Battlecow how he never gets tired of doing the same standard up air combo every single time..

He said something like "because i like to win".

I doubt he's changed at all. Same standard Falcon stuff.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i like doing the same standard combo's over and over. but because i think they're fun, not because I like to win. Then again I've always been about fundamentals, not flash, in everything so maybe that's it

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yesterday, I had one notification. When I looked at it, it said I had one friendship request, but when I went to the friend/contact pannel, nothing was different and the notification number dropped to 0. Now I don't know if that was a smashboards problem, but if not, I couldn't accept anything, so the person would have to re-send the request.

Top Bottom