• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
The entire run was riddled with spots for improvement. I feel kinda bad saying that after reading his blurb. Sounds like a lot of time went into this.

But hey, it could most certainly be improved.

So I take it DK is the best character for this?

TANK64

Smash Lord
Good thing it's just the human limit...

Anyways, I was thinking about doing a speed run too lol.

Also, just realized I missed my 1,000th post- but I'm pretty sure it was me telling Pete he had balls of brass...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
gotta admit I'm pretty impressed by that run. certainly some parts can be improved, but still pretty fast. Seems like DK is #1 unless 1 char can make up enough time elsewheare to counteract the awesome dk suicide strat

Morin0

Smash Lord
^ Yeah, Ness would just take it all

Samus - You can never fully cooperate, can you woman? I get blasted and barely flinch, I love Donkey Kong for that. The rest is smooth.
Lol, all characters would barely flinch at 0%.

Sqweedle

Smash Rookie
ok guys new community goal

beat this guy:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperSmashBros.html

i think with samus you could maybe throw and then double spike through the acid

also the master hand strat looks like it could be improved

and could spike some of the characters as they are falling to their deaths to make it a tad faster
Can I one-up him and do it on very hard with one stock

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Can I one-up him and do it on very hard with one stock
considering that i saw a TAS of very hard that was 6 minutes and change probably not

also if you were able to use a different character you could save some BtP time since it takes DK a while to kill himself on that stage. but how can you compete with the DK upB strat on Yoshi team/Kirby team/Polygon team?

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I think TAS runs are timed using real time, while non-TAS runs are timed using in game time.

A fast very hard 1 stock run would still be nice though. :bee:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
well...very hard 1 stock should be the same as very hard 5 stocks, since dying costs so much time...

the best time would involve lots of well-placed items

The Star King

Smash Hero
Holy **** people are playing Smash 64 in my AP Comp Sci class as I speak, on keyboards

And I'll probably do nothing

pokerface.jpg

Sqweedle

Smash Rookie
considering that i saw a TAS of very hard that was 6 minutes and change probably not

also if you were able to use a different character you could save some BtP time since it takes DK a while to kill himself on that stage. but how can you compete with the DK upB strat on Yoshi team/Kirby team/Polygon team?
Was trying some stuff with falcon and I would have to agree with you, I think it could be plausibly done faster with a different character with the same settings.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Holy **** people are playing Smash 64 in my AP Comp Sci class as I speak, on keyboards

pokerface.jpg
socially awkward penguin star king

an opportunity to hustle people don't exactly happen everyday, take the chance now !

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm too soft to hustle people and I don't think they would be confident enough to bet money, they were all johning about keyboard and stuff

Although next time I plan on offering a cash reward for beating me, then blowing their minds

The Star King

Smash Hero
Mmm, pretty sure none of are from Peru

One of the spectators mentioned kaillera though so I'm slightly suspicious

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Mmm, pretty sure none of are from Peru

One of the spectators mentioned kaillera though so I'm slightly suspicious
Well they know enough to get an emu running so knowing bout kaillera isn't too weird. Besides who could it be that would beat the almighty star king on his home turf of the keyboard

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero

pokerface.jpg
my experiences with random people playing 64 usually involve me playing them once and them walking away, because 'link/luigi/samus is op' and im cheap for playing them

also, this just reinforces the notion that you are actually me

clubbadubba

Smash Master
you kidding me aa? ask them who they think the worst is, its often jiggs/luigi, both of which are amazing to n00bz because of the down-b/up-b finishers. L2 drill -> utilt x5 -> rest. They love that ****.

Also realized earlier that playing on keyboard offline sucks, cuz you have to share a 1 keyboard with another person. **** that ****.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i don't understand what you mean, clubba, im saying noobs (and melee players) think jiggs is terrible - and she is, at a combos-don-exits level of play

Y'all are some awkward mo****az

gotta hustle 'em. No fun otherwise.
im sorry, we don't go to special schools where playing smash
badly
is more a social norm than not :cool:

Sangoku

Smash Master
A girl thinks she's better than my brother. He doesn't play online, but he plays me so it will be easy sauce. Maybe I should intervene and hustle...

:phone:

Top Bottom