• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
avengers was really great, definitely worth watching

battleship was really good too

iron sky - aka nazi germans from the moon (not joking) - will easily trump them both based on concept alone

Yoshi_King64

Smash Rookie

DMoogle

A$
6 more days until D3 AHHHHHHHHH. I haven't bought it yet. Is there any advantage to buying somewhere besides directly from Blizzard, other than having a physical copy of the disk? I'm not getting the Collector's Edition, BTW.

The Star King

Smash Hero
According to my movie buff friend the Avengers wasn't that good. But on the other hand he thinks The Social Network is better than Inception so not sure I should trust his opinion :awesome:

I'm seeing some movie on Saturday night with a few friends. It's mostly for us to meet a friend's girlfriend (wut), but any suggestions?

but more recently I've seen it act as a solid ledge in certain situations, where a character was actually knocked back after "hitting" it. Weird.
Wut?

LMAO @ Semp's link, had to hide my grin cuz I'm in Physics

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
i went to see a movie a few weeks ago and they had a trailer for this. my friend and i were dying laughing.
I first saw it when I went to see the Hunger Games premier. I had heard of it previously (along with Iron Sky) when my friend mentioned something about Hollywood capitalizing on absurd, over-the-top SciFi Syfy channel movies. I'm not sure how one "capitalizes" on something like that... but hey, people are gonna go see it.

The trailer was actually pretty well-done from what I remember. Took me until the end to realize it was mother****ing Lincoln kicking all that ***. Best scene was chopping the tree down with a single axe blow.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
6 more days until D3 AHHHHHHHHH. I haven't bought it yet. Is there any advantage to buying somewhere besides directly from Blizzard, other than having a physical copy of the disk? I'm not getting the Collector's Edition, BTW.
You're not ACTUALLY gonna COMPLETELY disappear for the summer after D3 comes out are you? :(:(

asianaussie

Smash Hero
one piece has been getting more interesting

i like the yeti cool brothers
i agree, one piece takes 10-ish chapters to get into the swing of things every time they start a new arc

fishman island was sorta dull, but if you read the whole thing all at once instead of one-chapter-a-week, it's a little more interesting

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
no advantage imo.

getting a digital copy is far superior now-a-days, unless your internet sucks; even if it does you can still download it via blizz's p2p software so you get high DL's.

having all the game data before launch day already in your storage drive and ready to play is infinitely > spending near needless time to go out and buying a disc based install that will probably be obsolete with expansions.

blizz did that with wow, if you install base game, 1st expansion and the 2nd expansions via disc currently you still have to download a fresh new set of data, at least thats how it was 8 months ago when i played last, doubt its changed. i imagine theyll do the same with S2 expansion, if not, they fixed it.

get the ****ing digital copy.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Does anyone here play Mario Kart 64? I want to play some GP matches. No battle or 1v1 (item system is way too broken in 1v1)

I play Peach and Yoshi :)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
mk64 is only fun when you play terrible noobs in 4p battle (block fort or nothing), and you go around in loops on the top firing green shells

camping in mario kart, yesssss

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
no really

mk64 sux

there is absolutely nothing in that game that double dash didn't improve on
FINALLY.
2ppl in 1 kart is awesome. punch stealing, punch drifting*REALLY PRO, **** MKDS SNAKING*, super speed boosts...this is a good ****ing game. MKDD TEAMS so fun. 16man GC teams best.

MKDD > MKDS > MK64 > MKWii

i hate snes and gba versions, ****ty imo.
haven't played 7 yet even though i own a 3ds...considering they kept timed drift boosts from mkwii but still timed, very possibly better than MKWii

TANK64

Smash Lord
wow, surprised the Diddy Kong racing fanboys haven't came out of the woodwork. MK64 is awesome. Fact.

In other news, damn it's funny that women can be just as shallow as men sometimes. I mean, it's great for me, but like wtf.

Also, in other news, I pretty sure I'm kinda like maybe into Asian chicks now.

Also who the **** said Korean chicks weren't hot! Wasn't that a discussion before. Pretty sure they are/can be.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
battlecow, the guy so american he can't think koreans are hot

i guess this is probably more a personal thing and not an american thing

hell, i have an inexplicable hatred of most things korean, and even i can appreciate korean women

in other news, this marks my one-week anniversary of not watching any anime \o/

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
FINALLY.
2ppl in 1 kart is awesome. punch stealing, punch drifting*REALLY PRO, **** MKDS SNAKING*, super speed boosts...this is a good ****ing game. MKDD TEAMS so fun. 16man GC teams best.

MKDD > MKDS > MK64 > MKWii

i hate snes and gba versions, ****ty imo.
haven't played 7 yet even though i own a 3ds...considering they kept timed drift boosts from mkwii but still timed, very possibly better than MKWii
this man's got it right

two people in one kart adds so much variety to the game. don't forget two specials! it can be really fun to play with another human player in the same kart as long as one person doesn't mind not driving. snaking works so much better, and the punching is ace.

this, along with DS, are the only games where drifting/snaking actually ****ing works. one of my biggest gripes with mk64 was that if you held a drift too long (like, for the duration of a single goddamn turn), the game would all but spin you out. infuriating.

also, DK mountain and Yoshi Circuit. some of the best maps in the entire damn series on double dash. so pro.

mkwii is definitely the worst, though. nothing like a heaping helping of item **** three feet from the finish line resulting in 1st to a 10th place finish to make you throw your controller against the wall and punt your wii out the window. and the timed drifts. the **** was nintendo thinking??? they are seriously trying very hard to make their games as noncompetitive as possible.

And I don't like how u have to unlock stuff in dd
this is a piss-poor reason for not liking a game. bro, have you ever played... any multiplayer game? maybe SUPER SMASH BROS perchance??

Morin0

Smash Lord
I like MKDD. Too bad you can't play it online like MK64 (yes, I know about the LAN option and Dolphin but they aren't viable).

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
COMBO! check your inbox/come play console at my house this friday

EDIT: post #300

bring a cube controller for DOUBLE DASH, get *****

EDIT2:
ok guys new community goal

beat this guy:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/SuperSmashBros.html
Very easy as Donkey Kong with deaths 0:03:01 by Jeremy Doll.

"Donkey Kong is truly an unstoppable monster in this game. I decided I had to keep improving this run until I hit the human limit for Primate destruction. Bottom line, the Gorilla Wrecking Ball is open for business. This run is truly worthy of the Kong legacy."

SOOO MUCH CHEESE.

Top Bottom