• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
I think once you get the timing, that seems easy to do. What I would find more impressive is parrying at command -- that is, parrying the unexpected.
this

best practive is in matches (once you get the tech skill down - make sure you can easily djc right after you shield)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Sorry clubba but your prediction was a little off. :)

Gators play a 15 seed round 2 lol...

And that lol is because it's weird. If they play like they did vs Mizzou they could beat us too.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yea, that's what I meant. Parry practice for people who don't already have the timing/techskill down (most people)...or red shell? lol

Obv practicing reaction in match is needed >___>

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
1. I hate the gators
2. Is there anyone else that doesn't like to duck when parrying
3. Hope you all had a great St Patrick's Day

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Is there anyone else that doesn't like to duck when parrying
me!!

i find duck parrying a bit harder to time and when players see you ducking, it usually only means one thing, so they whip out a drill. it's more unexpected if you're standing normally

but duck parry is more practical because of the reduced knockback if you miss-time it, so i still stick with it

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Crouching doesn't necessarily telegraph parries. It's pretty easy to bait/mindgame people with yoshi's crouch.

I like to walk crouch approach people (like walk a couple feet then crouch for a second then walk a couple more feet). If they know you're good at parrying they immediately think parry so you can bait the parry and rush them with a dash attack or a djc.

Eh what I'm trying to say is that crouching parries doesn't have to make you predictable.

TANK64

Smash Lord
@tyhiggz,
1) Me too :D
2) I prefer standing! I just started crouch parrying by default not too long ago since it really is better, but you should def know how to parry while standing also.
3) You too. I, on the other hand, couldn't drink >___>

clubbadubba

Smash Master
1) gators suck. IT WAS A FLUKE! jk we got *****
2) Parrying is OP, we should ban that ****
3) Got back from the Tech tourney at midnight, caught up with everyone and had a pretty good st patty's

The Star King

Smash Hero
1) Ducking is better
2) Parrying approaches is a bit overrated anyways
3) Sheer should bait me more often because he lets me drill him way too much
4) There is no way duck parrying is "harder to time" (@pete). The purpose of ducking in the first place is to make it easier to time.
5) (@TANK) Not a good way to get tech skill down because you'll get to used too parrying without a follow up. I remember seeing a vid of ballin's Yoshi where he would successfully parry but fail to do a djc counterattack or anything - that's what happens. Also wouldn't recommend for timing because it's just pressing shield to a beat. So if you got rhythm it'll be way easy. I personally used red shells (or get-up attacks from CPUs) before moving on to real matches.

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
1. I slightly regret starting this whole numbering thing, though the organization within posts is nice
2. I learned parrying by doing just the parry first then adding in the jump and other stuff. Adding the other stuff wasn't very hard after getting the initial timing. I like that red shell idea and wish I thought of that; I resorted to practicing with projectile spamming CPUs (pika, mario, samus, fox).

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
@cyoonit123 Damn. Bad luck. I just went up to Cleveland today for break. Looks like, once again, we'll have to put off meeting up.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
fays has the best falcon in the world guys
no i do. end of story.

malva that video was pretty packed with stuff. I realized that I never wait for opponents to attack me and then up-b, I always just get scared and up-b early, gotta work on that tendency.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
【鏡音リンレン】8HIT【オリジナルPV】
【鏡音リンレン】BUNKA開放区【オリジナルPV】
Synchroisty Part 2
【鏡音リンレン】リモコン【オリジナルPV】

get it together aa

malva00

Smash Master
no i do. end of story.

malva that video was pretty packed with stuff. I realized that I never wait for opponents to attack me and then up-b, I always just get scared and up-b early, gotta work on that tendency.
that's optional BRO watch again. that might get you killed when the better option is to up B way before you're in that position

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Been drinking way too much Guinness these past few days. Thinking of picking up a few of those nitro-cans for a different experience.

Anybody had Foreign Extra Stout? By far the best Guinness has to offer. Like Extra Stout, but more dark fruity and flavorful.

Allagro

Smash Rookie
Zippcast is the new youtube guyz just like the one from 05. Grab your user names before they're taken while youtube hits the coffin.

Top Bottom