• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

kys

Smash Ace
Nope. "." is used in certain situations where "..." doesn't quite fit. They have a very different tone (I'm being serious). "." is much more abrupt and feels more dismissive and more of an immediate reaction, while "..." is more like "I took a long hard look at what you just said and I still have no idea what to say". Or something.

Well if the non-Australian side of us does it Australia doesn't get to take credit
Star King, I swear we think the same. Have you possessed my mind? Highly likely. And Gav can be pretty chill if you get to know him and give him the benefit of the doubt.

I just watched Real Steel in spanish xD

Great.
That good huh? Worth a download? I just watched Warrior the other night and that movie blew me away. Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte were great. I don't even like MMA but that movie was awesome.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Beer is great.

Anybody have a favorite style?
Semp has really been on point with posts this week ;)

IPA ALL DAI!

best use of beer is satisfying the masses

so you can retreat somewhere and drink better things
>____>

I think you're talking about fast food beer

nati light does it for me. taste the most like water, which is good because beer is gross.
Eww. That's like below fast food. Step it up bro. You're not in high school anymore.

Do like aa and just drink... anything else :p

ballin4life

Smash Hero
natty light is great for its purpose

lol@u if you think i'm pouring some guinness or fat tire or blue moon or corona for beer pong

but yeah for someone to say "i don't like beer at all" - well it's very dependent on what you've tried (also i'm sure it can be an acquired taste). But if you really hate beer but don't want to sip natty light / other cheap stuff try like strawberry ale or some kind of fruit beer. I'm by no means an expert but I find most people like those.

OTOH fruit flavored vodkas are pretty much the worst

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i didn't either, i just assumed he wouldn't be coming to australia since he said 'this summer' which would imply the trip would be now, or a year from now

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
fyi kuz, 95% of aussie smash is in melbourne, with the final 5% being canberra

and we'll probs come down for a day or two to play you ^^,

and beer is GROSS, how the hell do people drink that stuff?

Morin0

Smash Lord
natty light is great for its purpose

lol@u if you think i'm pouring some guinness or fat tire or blue moon or corona for beer pong

but yeah for someone to say "i don't like beer at all" - well it's very dependent on what you've tried (also i'm sure it can be an acquired taste). But if you really hate beer but don't want to sip natty light / other cheap stuff try like strawberry ale or some kind of fruit beer. I'm by no means an expert but I find most people like those.

OTOH fruit flavored vodkas are pretty the worst
I can vouch and say that I think beer is gross. I find the taste to be very...meh. It's like drinking carbonated water. Actually, I think alcohol drinks in general taste bad. I think it's definitely an acquired taste to like that stuff. I also wouldn't recommend skipping beer and going straight to vodka. I did that once and my throat suffered the consequences. So unless there is ever an alcoholic drink that doesn't taste like alcohol at all, I probably won't be touching that stuff.

on the other hand, smoking dat herb is great. :awesome:

:phone:

Olikus

Smash Champion
i was on heineken museum on saturday and learned that the reason many poeple dont like beer is because they often just take small sips. And then they only get the bitterness and not the whole good taste.

Important with large sips!

Japanese beer is probably my favourite. I allso like a norwegian one called "lysholmen ice."

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i don't drink for any other purpose than feel the effects of drinking. If I want to drink something that tastes good, I'll drink soda. Not to mention the "quality" beers cost sooooo much more, and when you need 10+ drinks to get drunk, they really aren't cost effective. In other words, get that hoppy scam **** outta here, i'ma get drunk for cheap.

Corona with lime on the beach is good though.

Edit: I do not take small sips of beer.

TANK64

Smash Lord
>wants to put himself through unnecessary bad taste...

I GUESS if the cost is really an issue...

Also, if you're complaining about needing to drink more (and taste), why don't you just get liquor.

More cost effective also.

and you can use Coca-Cola-Classic (unless your were only on the beer topic lol)

That good huh? Worth a download? I just watched Warrior the other night and that movie blew me away. Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte were great. I don't even like MMA but that movie was awesome.
Yea, surprised. Family movie obv, but actually pretty cool, and a POSITIVE MESSAGE!
I'm also cool with Hugh Jackman and robots so it worked for me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i actually enjoy nati light more than other beers. The unnecessary bad taste would be if I drank nice beers that I don't like until I "acquired" a taste for them. I do liquor too, but if beer is the topic, nati is the way to go (you can't shotgun or bong liquor.... well not responsibly).

The Star King

Smash Hero
I hated Real Steel and don't get why other people liked it

The presence of a kid named Max who played video games and knew some Japanese made me extremely uncomfortable. I don't have abandonment issues guys I swear

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i didn't either, i just assumed he wouldn't be coming to australia since he said 'this summer' which would imply the trip would be now, or a year from now
in the northern hemisphere summer starts in June

I can vouch and say that I think beer is gross. I find the taste to be very...meh. It's like drinking carbonated water. Actually, I think alcohol drinks in general taste bad. I think it's definitely an acquired taste to like that stuff. I also wouldn't recommend skipping beer and going straight to vodka. I did that once and my throat suffered the consequences. So unless there is ever an alcoholic drink that doesn't taste like alcohol at all, I probably won't be touching that stuff.

on the other hand, smoking dat herb is great. :awesome:

if beer is like carbonated water, then you're drinking something super light - most people (e.g. clubba) find beers with more taste (less watery) to be harder to get used to.

alcoholic drinks that don't really taste like alcohol are pretty standard, you just gotta use the right mixers. even just putting a shot of vodka in a glass and filling the glass to the top with cranberry juice should negate most of the alcohol taste. but yeah most people don't like the taste of hard alcohol at all, hence the huge collection of mixed drinks that people have invented.

i don't drink for any other purpose than feel the effects of drinking. If I want to drink something that tastes good, I'll drink soda. Not to mention the "quality" beers cost sooooo much more, and when you need 10+ drinks to get drunk, they really aren't cost effective. In other words, get that hoppy scam **** outta here, i'ma get drunk for cheap.

Corona with lime on the beach is good though.

Edit: I do not take small sips of beer.
you can get the best of both worlds by drinking something that tastes good and has alcohol in it. also you're a monster if it takes you 10+ drinks to get drunk. agreed though that it's not cost effective to drink 10 expensive beers. that's why you drink natty or something cheap if you're drinking a lot of beer. if you're trying to drink usually you'll just have one or two of your expensive beer as a pregame and then move on to something cheaper

also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8u5L0lDehI

TANK64

Smash Lord
If you're trying to drink usually you'll just have one or two of your expensive beer as a pregame and then move on to something cheaper
I used to do that
in ****in' high school :p
. In all seriousness though, I can agree that the first few drinks are the important ones (before your palette has been ****ed lol).

EDIT: And yes I actually like, no- make that LOVE, the taste of quality beer (malt, grain, ect...), and all liquor (save Gin). So there!

EDITTT: Shot outs to Eikelmann for suggesting the Baltika #6!

EDITTTTTT: And yes, I remember a time when I thought beer was gross, and eventually after having NO CHOICE but to drink it for so long I started to enjoy the lighter beers first... and the rest is history.
ROFLMFAO!!!!!

+10 Ballin'

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i always have this good beer vs bad beer discussion with my friends. we end up just all getting drunk

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ewww Natty Light...

The only beer that tastes worse is 7-11 "Gameday" beer.

If I'm looking to get drunk I'll definitely go with mixed drinks. Drinking a 12 pack of beer over the course of the night is guaranteed to give me a giant hangover the next day. Mainly because beer dehydrates you, so the headache is just killer.

Morin0

Smash Lord
Ewww Natty Light...

The only beer that tastes worse is 7-11 "Gameday" beer.

If I'm looking to get drunk I'll definitely go with mixed drinks. Drinking a 12 pack of beer over the course of the night is guaranteed to give me a giant hangover the next day. Mainly because beer dehydrates you, so the headache is just killer.
Lol, I find it funny when beer companies advertise beers as refreshing.

I might actually be going to this.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I hate beer and alcohol in general :).

Talking about beverages, I tried some Glacéau the other day. Is that an American drink? It was quite expensive and things were written in english on the bottle.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Man, I expected more of you to like beer since this is a Smash forum and it's common knowledge all smashers are engineers!

It seems most of you are basing your beer experience on BMC (bud miller coors), which is sad. :( TANK and ballin got it, though. I guess beer can be an acquired taste, but some of the better beers out there taste nothing like American adjuct lagers (AKA piss water).

Just a matter of expanding dat palate. There are SO MANY varieties of beer that every time you go to a liquor store, it's like a freakin' buffet and I feel like a kid in a candy store every time I go. So much to try! So many new, unknown things! Recently found a place nearby with the most enormous selection; something like 20 giant fridges in a row all full of rare and obscure beer. Heaven.

As for favorites, I gotta stick with the classics and go IPA and stout, although I haven't come across a beer that's worthy of a drain-pour. Finally had a Sierra Nevada Stout, and I've been converted to American stouts. Damn, that hoppy finish in a stout. Too good.

Discovered the Belgian beer section of that store, so I'm going hog wild with the winter Belgian dark ales. So ****ing delicious. I'm going to be poor in no time... :(

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^The Sierra Nevada Holiday was SOO good this year dude. Sucks if you missed it :/ .

>15
>can't drink
>Black so I'm sticking to my Kool-Aid.

LMAO.

+1 Channighan

also Coca-Cola-Classic is def BOSS. (The one in glass made with real sugar cane not HFCS)

glass>can>fountain>plastic

nothing is as good as ninja baseball batman

but when we move out, instead of flipping a coin to decide something, it will be determined through fire electric pen

or if not a falcon ditto, because that's basically 50/50
Ordering Getter Love!! for console ....

Think I'm gonna use this to determine any decision for me from now on.

inB4wutIsThisIdon'teven/whoAreYouO__o/That game sucks

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Wait, the Celebration Ale?

That just happens to be my favorite offering from Sierra Nevada! Although this stout is putting up a fight...

Torpedo is also a ridiculously tasty IPA.

Goddamn, Sierra Nevada is just so ace in every category. Can do no wrong.

I actually splurged on the 30th Anniversary Jack and Ken's Ale, which was a ridiculously tasty (albeit heavy at 10.2% ABV) black barleywine. Damn, that was ultra intense and the bottle is sexy as ****.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I feel sorry for you if your life is so ****ty that you only drink to get through the day

And "nobody likes the taste" is nowhere near true. Maybe true if you're talking about people like under 30, but a significant number of older people actually like the taste.

And I know he's a comedian and I shouldn't take it that seriously but you put it in a mostly serious post so ;P

TANK64

Smash Lord
@SK, it was funny and relevant (dang bro no one can post around you or what). I for one love the taste, but have heard lots of people (who don't drink) say that taste thing before xD.

@Semp, Yes, and I'm also glad that now you can get Sierra Nevada in a lot of places that used to only carry BMC. Finally an escape.

It's cool though since I have a bunch of legit *** places near me now (including a WOB like 5 min from my house. PWND!).

I'm currently on that Arrogant ******* tip ;)

Ruination anyone xD

EDIT: OK, I'm REALLY gonna concentrate on my paper now! Stop distracting me :mad:

kys

Smash Ace
Clubba, if you don't like the taste of beer I would suggest moving up to Nati Ice for the higher alcohol content.

After a nice workout, beer tastes amazing.

I view drinking alcohol as a means to an end and I would assume that most do except for the beer connoiseurs. I mean, I love milk but I don't drink 8 glasses in a row. My drinking life involves buying the cheapest, biggest bottle of liquor (usually Barton's, Evan Williams, Admiral Nelson, or perhaps the renowned KENTUCKY GENTLEMAN), slamming some shots, and then sipping on 1 or 2 beers the rest of the night. Saves a ton of money, especially if I'm going out to the bars.

Sierra Nevada is legit. Best beer in the U.S.

The Star King

Smash Hero
@SK, it was funny and relevant (dang bro no one can post around you or what). I for one love the taste, but have heard lots of people (who don't drink) say that taste thing before xD.
Wow I even let it slide when ballin posted it during our previous alchohol discussion (is it just me or do you guys talk about alchohol with alarming frequency?). I'm starting to feel like I can't post D:

Because something is relevant I can't disagree with a point?

And bad taste is a reason people might not drink or eat something? You don't say?

EDIT: This post sounds a bit too snarky for my liking. Sorry if I come across that way, I don't mean to @_@

Top Bottom