• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

dch111

Smash Journeyman
So taunt canceling is not just a novelty technique, but a useful one. Awesome. I could actually see a lot more use of it in the future, since you can use it to fake initial dash approaches from ledges as well (similar to 1:09 in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F22KRuvn8A&feature=related if you get the idea).

I'd have to change the way I hold my controller, though, and my hands aren't shaped funny enough to handle it.

D

Deleted member

which mod should we target we should make a poll

1. Surri
2. Virgilus
3. Kirby King
4. Mic_128

who else?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Do really mods have the capacity of setting up forums?
We should go for an admin like Queen Killjoy or Amorasaki

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
which mod should we target we should make a poll

1. Surri
2. Virgilus
3. Kirby King
4. Mic_128

who else?
If you target anyone with mass PM you'll all fail xD

especially me, I have been trying to get hold of the proper people to no avail.

I have been trying to contact the owner/head admin for this site, but he has yet to reply.

If by Monday he still does not reply i will start contacting the other admins to see what can be done x.x

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Amorasaki's answer wasn't bad, since they intend to attract another generation of gamers used to certain graphics. (unless I'm mistaken about the purpose of the video).

The other responses were laughable though, I agree.

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
i feel like the ssb64 community is the child that was adopted when the parents thought they couldn't have kids naturally, but then the parents end up having their own kids and treat the adopted kid like an inconvenience

and you feel bad for that kid cuz he was just being a kid like his new bros and sisters... not his fault his original parents had to give him up for adoption... i mean he was a good kid too, why can't he get his own room?

Either that or we're like harry potter, living under the stairs

Skrlx

Smash Champion
i feel like the ssb64 community is the child that was adopted when the parents thought they couldn't have kids naturally, but then the parents end up having their own kids and treat the adopted kid like an inconvenience

and you feel bad for that kid cuz he was just being a kid like his new bros and sisters... not his fault his original parents had to give him up for adoption... i mean he was a good kid too, why can't he get his own room?

Either that or we're like harry potter, living under the stairs
Amazinggg.

D

Deleted member

if only smash 64 was a little bit bigger

they should release a version 2 with more characters and stages

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Someone said SSB64 has no potential to make money for MLG and that's why it was left out.
The creator of the contest replied to me, apparently he loves ssb64. This contest is business stuff, he wants to attract a lot of people to the smash scene and according to him people wont be attracted by SSB64's graphics.
But he doesnt rule out making something for 64 in the future.
I hope they listen us and treat this game like it deserves

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Word from AZUA(another admin) they have too much going on right now to attend our needs.

We'll wait :)

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
hammerheart reporting for duty

do any of u like physics to the extent u like to have lengthy convos about it?

i am also a fan of chemistry

my favorite subjects include

actinoids
quantum electrodynamics
topology
number thoery STUFF
radio/nuclear chemistry in general
cosmology
nuclear physics (i think energy is by far the most interesting thing in the physical universe)
math depending on the kind
i even like classical mechanics

yumsteroids@hotmail.com

HIT ME UP IF U WANT TO NERD IT UP

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Falcon does not obey the laws of physics... the laws of physics obeys Falcon.

/physics lesson

jk :p

edit:

Word from AZUA(another admin) they have too much going on right now to attend our needs.

We'll wait :)
Isn't that what they always say... but never do anything? I think now that we've voiced our opinion (actually alot of us did... and basically took over the thread lol), we should try to convince them that they should do it. Otherwise, they'll wait until we quiet down and they'll forget about it. I've seen this exact scenario too many times...

MattNF

Smash Lord
hammerheart reporting for duty

do any of u like physics to the extent u like to have lengthy convos about it?

i am also a fan of chemistry

my favorite subjects include

actinoids
quantum electrodynamics
topology
number thoery STUFF
radio/nuclear chemistry in general
cosmology
nuclear physics (i think energy is by far the most interesting thing in the physical universe)
math depending on the kind
i even like classical mechanics

yumsteroids@hotmail.com

HIT ME UP IF U WANT TO NERD IT UP
hell yes

speaking of which, anyone else think that a vibrating 6-dimensional compact Calabi-Yau manifold oscillating in (11+1) Planck holographic space exacerbated by a resonant winding-modular supersymmetric string looks like a multidimensional v*gina?

i hope im not the only one

We'll wait
lolwut

it takes like 30 seconds to make ssb64 into a category wtf

Superstar

Smash Champion
Electrostatics and the Electromotive stuff give me headaches.

I prefer whatever that mechanical energy part was called. Kinematics and some of the parts afterwards.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'd help you with that. At this point, I think the mods believe we are fine where we are... but if we leave (even for a few weeks), maybe they'll give us a section to try to make us come back. But right now... this is rediculous.

EDIT:

wow guys... THEY DID SOMETHING TO HELP US!!! They made the 64 section MORE VISIBLE!!!

They changed the 'Gaming' section title to 'Gaming (Including Smash 64)'

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!

Is this a joke? Are they mocking us? Or is this as good as they are going to do? Who is going to look at that? We're still under 'general discussion', and this 'Gaming (Including Smash 64)' forum has the lighthouse above smash 64. So... was that supposed to make us happy? Either way, I think we're not getting our own section. They've been calling it off for so long, and now they simply change the gaming section title. Lets just realize we will not get our own section on smashboards. They've made that quite obveous.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Look, we are putting together some welcome resources and tutorials that will hopefully better educate new users and help them find the 64 section. We are exploring cleaning up the skin all together to something a bit better. I just switched the gaming heading to say including smash 64. So to say you are being ignored or anything is simply not the case.

I do not think you need your own heading but if the board/community grows its not something I would hesitate to do at that point.

Ultimately, this thread is about something good for the community. The Combo Video. Lets leave all the my game is the best, or we want this, stuff out of here. Its not the place.

So yes you guys officially have the green light to submit 64 and Brawl+ stuff under the condition of a maximum of one each in our top 5 and that it cannot win first prize (reasoning described in a previous post by me in here). I will get the announcements updated tomorrow.

As for the 64 people. I appreciate that you care and want to grow your community. Im all for people that want to do that, but could care less about people that just want to complain. So if you care about growing the community first step would be to get a great discussion leader as an ambassador for your community. PM any recommendations to "Virgilijus". Once appointed communicate anything and everything to that individual. You have ideas for contests, someone wants to write something for the smash news, whatever. He/She will have a direct link to me or other key staff and its a great way to make sure all your ideas get heard and we can make positive improvements.

This is the last I am going to post about that stuff in this thread. Like I said its not the place so I am going to ask everyone to respect that and take all other non combo video discussion elsewhere.
One small step toward justice and entitlement

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yeah, this is the first step towards.

Now people should pay attention to the "Smash64 ambassador" thread.

Top Bottom