• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

MattNF

Smash Lord
I heard they removed some visual effects and censored the word "d a m n" from metroid prime 3

LOL NINTENDO

MattNF

Smash Lord
nixxxon18 (1 week ago) Show Hide
+2
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam

SSB64 cpus are way easier to program because of the much fewer possibilities of the gameplay
nixxxon says the dardest things

NixxxoN

Smash Master
nixxxon says the dardest things
What does dardest mean? Well coming from you i suppose its no good, so, whats wrong with what i said. Nothing false at all

Melee has more attacks and techniques

so

Melee CPU is harder to program

Superstar

Smash Champion
I need to be more mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPU

Not to mention, number of attacks and techniques is barely anything involving computer instructions. Sure, the one with more attacks all others equal would have more instructions, but that others equal is so rare. Not to mention, many techniques are just quirks of the engine [Dash Dancing, crouching while running in Melee]. The method used to compile and how clean the code is are also important [which is not that clean but sometimes they come out cleaner than others, I hear Mother 3 was an evil evil mess, or was it 2?].

If you don't get the CPU article, the CPU is a chip on the game system...not on the game.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Lol I think it was pretty clear that i was talking about the computer controlled characters...
Im studying a Computer science degree so i know what im talking about. Melee is more complex than ssb64. The more complex the game is, the harder to program a computer controlled characer that IS good. Fact. full stop

Superstar

Smash Champion
How far are you on said degree? I've only taken one CS class, but I've been self taught for 5 years. 2nd year of College.

That's not what you said. You said:
Melee has more attacks and techniques

so

Melee CPU is harder to program
They have very different meanings. You should have said AI, AI is the word. And it'd be true.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Yeah you're right, it's so much harder to program a melee/brawl CPU. I mean, it's not like you can program them to powershield everything. Or just program them to constantly air dodge your attacks by reading your controller input and then reacting that instant frame. You know, it's not like melee or brawl do that, nope.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
The reason why brawl cpus are good...is because the game is not technical. Compare this to the melee cpus

Discuss

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yeah you're right, it's so much harder to program a melee/brawl CPU. I mean, it's not like you can program them to powershield everything. Or just program them to constantly air dodge your attacks by reading your controller input and then reacting that instant frame. You know, it's not like melee or brawl do that, nope.
They could, but they didnt wanna do it probably... And i was talking about the offensive part of it (maybe i should have specified). Yep its not that hard to program a defensive cpu that dodges and shields everything, but not at the offensive part, where they had (lets not forget it) very few gameplay experience. Its like programming some kind of robot. And robots are HARD AS F*CK to program properly

NixxxoN

Smash Master
wow, a friend of a SWF mod used his account to randomly ban and infract people

i got banned for a few hours lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
jaimeHR you live in baja? how far are you from san diego?

come to the Pat's House tournament in november so you can play with me and s2j

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Honestly, I'm really sorry. XD It's pretty embarrassing having everyone pm me wondering why I banned them, and having to reply to apologize.

It wasn't a nap, it was sleeping legit. It was 3am! XD

dch111

Smash Journeyman
I would probably instinctively go for a Fair, but that's just because I'm aggressive without thinking.

Probably a better option would be bthrow then techchase.
Or maybe just fthrow alone, and edgeguard with bair, etc.

But I can see your point...it's definitely an awkward situation

Top Bottom