• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

D

Deleted member

i love out people dis credit online players completely , especially people like Lovage and Blondekid ...its how do you say?

Too good?

living in Socal means yur better because you live close to some console players, it's fact!...even if most suck...ahem...most
nobody said any of that

edit: the living in Socal part

D

Deleted member

Sadddddddd D:

It only takes like 5 mins per player and who cares if someone loses or does bad, its only friendlies

Dunno, my brother smokes a lot of joints and he gets mad if he doesnt have any w33d for a couple of days
a big problem of online play is that most people don't treat it as friendlies.

MattNF

Smash Lord
i think u missed the point

im sure all the online players are nice in person, but u take smash online with like 5 frames seriously and use it as a way to judge everyone's (including yourself's) skill and its DUMB
5 frames is pretty dumb

but 2 frames with P2P can give you a fairly accurate idea of if you're better than someone or not.

The only exception would be a character that requires near-perfect precision like Fox

Lovage

Smash Hero
you know, i want to agree with you, because super low delay p2p (me and s2j often get 15ms 1frame) with controller adapters is pretty legit BUT...

if you start judging skill off of 2 frames...well some people might judge if off 3 frames, or more, or even CLIENT online play. and in the end, people forget that it's just friendlies. lots of people don't try to play the gayest possible and win in friendlies, they just play to learn the game and have fun.

there's nothing wrong with online smash, but it's like playing in a random public server in tf2 and bragging about ur kill death ratio..it ain't that serious

Skrlx

Smash Champion
actually your post is (do you know what irony means?)

I hardly play online anymore, just play 64 at melee tournaments, or at the 2 n64 tournaments that I go to

facing trigger at the 2nd n64 tournament I been to, I beat him 2-1 in brackets, pretty easily, but in grand finals he was completely different because he is a great adjuster. My Fox was anally ***** and I am lucky enough that he didn't adjust to my falcon, barely beat him before he figured me out 2nd set 3-2

anyways if I ever "rage" it's against dumb people like Surri, Mic_128, or Near for telling random people dum lies and being very GAY (homosexual) in general on the forums. Nothing I do is for no reason

It's ironic cause you said you can't say who is good unless you play on console and then you proceeded to say that I was average. (obviously judging me from online) which reminds me we play like once a year. ***.

"facing trigger at the 2nd n64 tournament I been to, I beat him 2-1 in brackets, pretty easily, but in grand finals he was completely different because he is a great adjuster. My Fox was anally ***** and I am lucky enough that he didn't adjust to my falcon, barely beat him before he figured me out 2nd set 3-2" This is what you should have replied with instead of "how about u use your brain".

Anyways about Lanstar I commented about that one thing where Lovage gets distracted when he crosses his legs and that's pretty much it. I did mention however that you were raging at a lot of people on the ustream. (and you can't say you weren't) Also, if I recall you were making a bunch of uncalled for comments on that ustream chat about me even though I haven't done anything to you prior to that. I can understand you not liking Surri(not sure about Mic_128) but me? because your console elitism gets in the way? wow.

We'll play someday at some random tournament hosted in some guy's house.
Lovage can go too. Oh and yeah "mommy is gonna drive me" there. (i just hope you don't behave like you do online in IRL. yikes)

random edit: The more I see my avatar the more it looks like Ronald Mcdonald

Lovage

Smash Hero
wtf? how did you hear about lanstar crossing his legs thing

i was at a melee tournament playing lanstar and he kept crossing his legs the opposite way like everytime i killed him it got annoying

im really curious how u know that, considering u never go to tournaments

Skrlx

Smash Champion
wtf? how did you hear about lanstar crossing his legs thing

i was at a melee tournament playing lanstar and he kept crossing his legs the opposite way like everytime i killed him it got annoying

im really curious how u know that, considering u never go to tournaments
I've been to a tournament before. I went to Chula Vista's XX(idk how many X's it has). I talked to Lanstar for a bit before I left. He told me that he finds it interesting haha.

Oh and you said that in the ustream chat

D

Deleted member

It's ironic cause you said you can't say who is good unless you play on console and then you proceeded to say that I was average. (obviously judging me from online) which reminds me we play like once a year. ***.

"facing trigger at the 2nd n64 tournament I been to, I beat him 2-1 in brackets, pretty easily, but in grand finals he was completely different because he is a great adjuster. My Fox was anally ***** and I am lucky enough that he didn't adjust to my falcon, barely beat him before he figured me out 2nd set 3-2" This is what you should have replied with instead of "how about u use your brain".

Anyways about Lanstar I commented about that one thing where Lovage gets distracted when he crosses his legs and that's pretty much it. I did mention however that you were raging at a lot of people on the ustream. (and you can't say you weren't) Also, if I recall you were making a bunch of uncalled for comments on that ustream chat about me even though I haven't done anything to you prior to that. I can understand you not liking Surri(not sure about Mic_128) but me? because your console elitism gets in the way? wow.

We'll play someday at some random tournament hosted in some guy's house.
Lovage can go too. Oh and yeah "mommy is gonna drive me" there. (i just hope you don't behave like you do online IRL. yikes)

random edit: The more I see my avatar the more it looks like Ronald Ccdonald
where did I say that you can't judge people playing online? YOU obviously can't judge Trigger because all you do is play online and he plays only offline. Reading comprehension plz.

The reason why I said you should use your brain is because I think that Trigger is better than me, I thought that point would be obvious

You are definitely "average" compared to Trigger, anybody who doesn't suck at the game can see that, ask anybody like your clan leader who you begged for 6 months before getting in.

Lanstar said that YOu told HIM that I was **** talking him. This has nothing to do with console elitism but more about you telling people dumb lies for no reason. Even if its some misunderstanding you just avoid it with "COOL STORY BRO" which reinforces my thinking of you as a dum guy who likes spreading lies

It's funny that you remember everything like that livestream where the only thing I respond to is when people make dum comments. Online, I don't care about having manners and don't expect them from anybody else. Offline, I am different

I don't have much console elitism. It definitely is not the reason for me hating you. There are some memorable characters in EGX like Karma, Quickman!, FROG, ECARTMAN and people like gbagcn, MATTS!, etc

and if you take my "mad talk" seriously ur dum, I mess around with Fireblaster all the time, deep down inside I know he is actually good at n64

Skrlx

Smash Champion
where did I say that you can't judge people playing online? YOU obviously can't judge Trigger because all you do is play online and he plays only offline. Reading comprehension plz.

The reason why I said you should use your brain is because I think that Trigger is better than me, I thought that point would be obvious

You are definitely "average" compared to Trigger, anybody who doesn't suck at the game can see that, ask anybody like your clan leader who you begged for 6 months before getting in.

Lanstar said that YOu told HIM that I was **** talking him. This has nothing to do with console elitism but more about you telling people dumb lies for no reason. Even if its some misunderstanding you just avoid it with "COOL STORY BRO" which reinforces my thinking of you as a dum guy who likes spreading lies

It's funny that you remember everything like that livestream where the only thing I respond to is when people make dum comments. Online, I don't care about having manners and don't expect them from anybody else. Offline, I am different

I don't have much console elitism. It definitely is not the reason for me hating you. There are some memorable characters in EGX like Karma, Quickman!, FROG, ECARTMAN and people like gbagcn, MATTS!, etc

and if you take my "mad talk" seriously ur dum, I mess around with Fireblaster all the time, deep down inside I know he is actually good at n64
oh okay you like to joke around.
i don't spread lies to tell you a bit about me. there might be a misunderstanding that I said you were talking **** about Lanstar. I don't remember you talking bad about Lanstar so why would I say you were?

Anyways, I hate this stupid rivalry. I'll see you sometime in some tournament that we happen to go at the same time.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I really dislike people that take competition stupidly, but I guess that's how it is when you are at a safe distance from the other person.

Online play is essentially just friendlies, and playing for competition is fun, but unless you play offline together, you can't really determine who's better, unless there's a very noticeable and large margin between the two players.

I think Lambchops in the video from To5 talking with M2K is a good example of fun competition, without being an airhead about things. Me and Daed have a blast whenever we play, and our matches are fairly even, but it's not about being egotistical, and any awesome things are done in good manner, and we taunt it off to claim it, but it's always friendly and fun.

Playing to win is the goal, but games only get frustrating when it's the mindset.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I think console vs online arguments are dumb.

I can parry in 7 frames delay just as easily as parrying on console.

Online at 0-3 frames is not much diff than console imo. Anyone who thinks diff is a big noob!

j/k

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Owning EGX/GodWeapon n00bs with 11 frames delay is a great training. I've been doing it for some time and it really works when you go back to p2p at 3/4 frames. Really iimproves your reaction capacity

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
the game changes from when you get to 3+ frames, chars get a mind of their own and start shooting red lasers from their eyes!

dun cha know?

You guys are all crazy.

I learned everything i know from online play, most of which was above 3 frames. I fail :(

rpotts

Smash Lord
I fail playing on servers, and I only get 5-8 frames delay usually. I miss z-cancels, fail at DI and **** up combos frequently with +5 frames. Getting less than 3 frames delay on p2p plays virtually identical to console, except with some lag spikes.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I play on console much more then online. I'm of the guys that just cant get use to 3+ frames, for me the game is not the same when its that high.

DMoogle

A$
I Hate Console Because My Tv Is Too Big
Yeah looks like **** on my 42" too. I have my computer connected to my TV though, so if you bring over your adapter (assuming you have one), we could play on an emulator and in HD instead of the console. Textures/sprites still look bad, but at least 3D objects are nice and sharp. There's definitely a big difference.

BTW I'm free tomorrow if you are. :bee:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I uploaded some japanese vids on my youtube account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sensei8686

Check em out. It has amasawa, sossy, red mario and some other players.

Not sure if anybody has already uploaded these. If these have already been uploaded, then I'll take them down.
Horrible sound quality but thanks a lot. Im sure they werent uploaded before. Never seen RedMario as Samus or Jousuke.

D

Deleted member

Triggggger

and if me vs Frog/eCartman went all out I wonder who would win

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
hey im getting the metroid prime collection

just want to see what u guys thought of it before i get it

it looks mad fun

i loved 1 and 2 on gamecube and STUFF so tell me

Top Bottom