• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Lol.

I've had similar discussion with my friends so many times. Some of them complain that I'm cheap because i edgeguard and do easy combos over and over again. They say i should do different stuff.... But meh, its part of the game, you dont need to do hard and overcomplicated stuff to win, its pointless.

BTW, you may find someday a noob at GW who drops/kicks you when he's at +100% at his last stock. The john is "spam more plz" even though you may have not spamed at all.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
<A$> I'll offer 5:1 odds per match vs. anyone who doesn't z-cancel

I'll take you up on that. I completely agree with you that Z-cancel makes someone much better... but the one exception in my opinion (some people disagree) is Jigglypuff's Down air is better not Z-cancelled (assuming you're actually hitting your opponent).

As for beating 3 lvl 9 cpus, they are too dumb. You can abuse too many things against them. I can beat 3 lvl 9 cpus without taking damage, but that's nothing to be proud of. Go on Saffron, and you won already.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
<A$> I'll offer 5:1 odds per match vs. anyone who doesn't z-cancel

I'll take you up on that. I completely agree with you that Z-cancel makes someone much better... but the one exception in my opinion (some people disagree) is Jigglypuff's Down air is better not Z-cancelled (assuming you're actually hitting your opponent).
People forgetting about Ness and Yoshi? DJC no z-cancel

D

Deleted member

you have to z -cancel with yoshi, assuming you want the move's hitbox to actually come out

kys

Smash Ace
Yo Dmoogle, I played the same cavemanerick guy yesterday. He told me about his great anti z-cancelling method. He also went on to say that the emulator version is different than console because "Wow link is a lot faster on emu", and "fox's dtilt kills at 90%". He went on to explain that he is a programmer and his goal is to create an untainted Smash Rom. Also, he seemed overly distressed about Fireblaster. Apparently Fireblaster called him an idiot, scarring him permanently. I swear it was like a counseling session. He was fantasizing about owning Fireblaster(on console, of course) and then showing him respect, to demonstrate how human beings should be treated.

I nominate this guy for kaillera douchebag of the year.

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
Yo Dmoogle, I played the same cavemanerick guy yesterday. He told me about his great anti z-cancelling method. He also went on to say that the emulator version is different than console because "Wow link is a lot faster on emu", and "fox's dtilt kills at 90%". He went on to explain that he is a programmer and his goal is to create an untainted Smash Rom. Also, he seemed overly distressed about Fireblaster. Apparently Fireblaster called him an idiot, scarring him permanently. I swear it was like a counseling session. He was fantasizing about owning Fireblaster(on console, of course) and then showing him respect, to demonstrate how human beings should be treated.

I nominate this guy for kaillera douchebag of the year.
Douchebag? I don't anyone deserves being called a bag, dude. These people, they are entertainment.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
There are characters that don't require z-cancelling to be usable, like puff as I said, and Ness as Nixxxon said. Of course, Z-cancelling makes them much better, but they have moves (dair with puff, uair/dair with ness) that don't require it. Some characters like Link obveously need Z-cancelling to have any chance of winning at high level play.

That guy thinks of smash 64 the exact way I thought of melee two years ago. At that time, L-cancelling did not seem completely necessary, and anyone could win at any time. Now, I see it's almost vital at high level play. Just let him slowly add it into his playstyle, and his opinion will change.

Lol me once being the biggest noob in every smash game (especially melee and 64) makes me know exactly how noobs today are seeing the game.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
BTW, you may find someday a noob at GW who drops/kicks you when he's at +100% at his last stock. The john is "spam more plz" even though you may have not spamed at all.
Ha I got him the other day. I was using Falcon and doing typical Falcon stuff (Uairs and Fthrows), but we were fighting in the bottom right of Hyrule, I UpSmashed him under the "tent", and predicted no teching into a Falcon Punch, to which he replied that I have no life and I should stop spamming in games. :chuckle:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Socal list:

1. Trigger
2. me
3. lovage/ross
4. benito/blondekid
I think Canada's line up is a bit better
struct
1. SuperBoom
2. Surri-Sama!!
3. Dylan TNGA
4. hmmm....should i say holy or zen.....ah who am i kidding, ZEN YORE!

maybe neph if he can rig up a keyboard that can be legitly used on console...

that list obviously would never see any real construction though....Canada r too big!

but even if we just went with east coast Canada we still have an alright team!

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Ybombb needs delay to play, **** sux...he is skilled but as the delay goes down, so does his combos

TNGA can still play after some warm ups...smash r like teh bike man!

Holy is good but honestly i think you are better now....holys not much better then me..if he even really is, personally I dont have a valid opinion on that any more.

Zen i dont know how you play on p2p currently, but if its anything like your server side game you're better then holy

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
YBOMBB is incredibly overrated, and he's so easy when you play him in anything but high delay.

HolyQuebec IS good, but Zenyore is better. Last time I played Holy, I 3 stocked him and he ragequit. He was playing pikachu and he complained about MY mario throwkilling. Nuff said. Not to mention I go more even with zenyore than holy.

Top Bottom