• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Superstar

Smash Champion
There's a version of Mupen that people use for Mario Party. Some Beta one, not 64k.

Yes, you can't change your controls online midmatch at all on Project. It is grayed out.

Project has crashed for me, but did it ever crash my computer or even blue screened me? No, I think you all have bad computers, or Windows 2000 and below.

ALso, addressing something old:
Malva said:
u pj64k n00bs are n00bs it's not about the memory it's about the less DS
That just means that Project64 is better than Mupen but Mupen64k is better than Project64k. :p That sounds like the main problem with PJ is that the "netplay attachment" or whatever is terrible.

Though Mupen usually emulates stuff a bit better I think.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Yeah. Its rarely used for Smash but for some other games its better. F-Zero X is impossible to play well without it, it just desynchs too much on both Project and Mupen64k. It also uses save files online so apparently its great for games like Mario Party, where it won't desynch and save where you left off I believe.

P D

Smash Ace
so near we dont need to reset cheats on the server anymore??????

NixxxoN

Smash Master
so near we dont need to reset cheats on the server anymore??????
How is that?
We have the same sh¡tty issue on european servers that use the ESF58.9 system >_>

Edit: Galaxy64 with ESF70.8 .... lol wut? This is new. I suppose it fixes that problem. Can any server use this?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
one piece > hunter x hunter > claymore > naruto = bleach > gantz

in n out > jack in the box > burger king > taco bell > mcdonalds

north america > asia > europe > oceania > south america > africa > antarctica
Oh my god even Isai knows how hard One Piece *****.

One Piece is the best anime and manga right now...maybe ever?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
man every melee video i see MATTNF and Korobeniki have comment posts arguing about something lol

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Dragon Ball > all
I agree with how much One Piece *****, but I think the title of best anime/manga ever goes to Dragonball/DBZ.
Why...?

It's a decent one, and it was one of the first to introduce the underdog concept (Kinnikuman was more fun though), but it's simply the most well known, not the best.

One Piece and Rurouni Kenshin are competitors. One Piece is just plain epic, nothing really compares to the scale of their world, and RuroKen is just good. Great art, good concepts, good character development, etc.

Oh, and Shaman King is awesome simply because it's so deep. There aren't many manga/animes that are as deep as Shaman King.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
DBZ is good but extremely overrated
How is it overrated?

DB/DBZ was started 25 years ago.
Im old enough to remember that when at their glory age, it was way way more popular than One Piece. They were an innovating and unprecedented series in many ways. The history started being tiny but grew immediately because it had massive success... and kept getting bigger to finally become huge.... and the storyline growing was not noticed at the end.
Special mention to the quality of the drawings and the special effects (fireballs and stuff...) --> At the time they were too good
Thats why I said the example about The Beatles (or Elvis...) and a great band of nowadays like U2 or... whatever....

Edit: I found an interesting link to the TOP 100 japanese animes ever made by a japanese TV

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2005-09-23/tv-asahi-top-100-anime

D

Deleted member

Your analogy would make more sense if U2 was a good band

The Anime itself is a turd because in one chapter of manga equals about 4 or 5 episodes of them grunting, powering up, talking, charging up a fireball, making faces of agony/awe to waste time, smiling, etc. (This is DBZ and GT, not sure about original DB).

The Manga is great, but people still highly overrate it. It's a very well made work by Toriyama but there are simply better manga/anime out there. Great drawings, but character development isn't really there. Just good fight scenes, good universe, and a plot progression of 1. i'm too weak. 2. power up time 3. barely beat boss 4. new boss appears 5. repeat with few different factors each time. GT sucks balls as a result because it repeats this same formula again when by the end of dragon ball z it's already been beaten to death
---

What appeals to the masses doesn't really equal quality. Just because Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, or other talentless hacks get more millions of views for their horrifyingly bad ripoff songs than other actually good people doesn't mean they are better. Same for this dum Japanese people poll and shouldn't be taken as seriously as you take it since you think its the top 100 japanese animes ever made by a japanese TV

I mean comon, that list has Pokemon, Digimon, HAMTARO from a list of Teenagers to 60 year olds? I guess since these people say so Pokemon is the 38th best anime ever made

Yes they are better than actual good stuff like Claymore, Gantz, Berserk, Great Teacher Onizuka, **** that ****

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
Everyone STFU about this anime ****. I just had an idea while playing with asylum, pps bloodfalcon (whoever that is) and pps (chan? sry don't remember, whoever that is). But dude.

I'm gonna start my own mother ****ing clan. Oh yes, BloodFalcon (whoever that is) suggested Club Cartman, while my name was originally Clan Cartman. What does everyone think? Good idea? A place for us Cartmans to chill and play some you know, then kick some *** and stuff. So what does everyone think? I'm thinking it'll have me and possibly the original in it (if I can ever get in touch with him to tell him my ****ing million dollar idea).

HAHA my own clan whooooo weee, this is gonna rock. So I officially declare my Clan (Name TBA) started!

Holy jebus, I just thought of another name, The South Park Clan. So instead of having people ripping us off even further (yea I said 'us' BRING IT ON!) People that want to join can be any south park character.

According to Asylum, I have to beat a hella good person to officially start this up though, is this true. Or is this already official? Cause I did declare it (move your eyes up a few lines).

Also Off the new topic I just declared - are there ever any tourneys or something In NYC/NJ? I heard something about Sensei hosting tourneys in Wayne, NJ.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
so i was browsing ED and this picture was featured.

this picture is quite creative i must say

Top Bottom