• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

D

Deleted member

3 months ago and no need to get angery and i 3 stocked your fox in a ditto

U MAD?
I don't think I faced you 3 months ago. If you want, I'll do a 5 dollar money match with you, record it and i'll upload it no matter who wins. You should win since u are so confident

Even so,
funny how you count this win against me when I beat you like hella more then you beat me in friendlies, just like Near's DK vs my stupid Ness

I guess me vs you should only be seriouslies from now on, since thats the way you treat it

I <3 u 2

P D

Smash Ace
I don't think I faced you 3 months ago. If you want, I'll do a 5 dollar money match with you, record it and i'll upload it no matter who wins. You should win since u are so confident

Even so,
funny how you count this win against me when I beat you like hella more then you beat me in friendlies, just like Near's DK vs my stupid Ness

I guess me vs you should only be seriouslies from now on, since thats the way you treat it

I <3 u 2
you flamed be first and i dont think youve ever beaten me in a fox ditto except once

malva00

Smash Master
so after two days of playing pj64k again here are pros and cons for my comp not anyone elses

mupen64k pros:
- almost never freezes my comp
- has two kaillera slots
- can change resolution and controls in game
- i can use any plugins
- easy start and stop recording to record individual matches

mupen64k cons:
- uses more memory (bad for slow comps)

- video error that i have to press "ok" for but it still works after i press ok, if this error cuts the screen i change resolution back and forth quickly to fix it without closing the game, but still dumb

- doesn't remember the position of the window when it last ran
- no gameshark cheats

project64k pros:

- less memory usage
- gameshark cheats

project64k cons:
- freezes my comp more often(two times yesterday once today so far)

- i have to use the default sound plugin Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver) or else I ds constantly. this sound plugin has delayed sound so every smash sound is delayed a little unlike the n64 or when u use a good sound plugin. if you still use this old sound plugin, i suggest changing it unless you like delayed attack sounds and stuff

- have to close online game to change resolution and controls
- not as easy to record matches
- harder for me as host to end game sometimes when someone disconnects or something

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
so after two days of playing pj64k again here are pros and cons for my comp not anyone elses

mupen64k pros:
- almost never freezes my comp
- has two kaillera slots
- can change resolution and controls in game
- i can use any plugins
- easy start and stop recording to record individual matches

mupen64k cons:
- uses more memory (bad for slow comps)

- video error that i have to press "ok" for but it still works after i press ok, if this error cuts the screen i change resolution back and forth quickly to fix it without closing the game, but still dumb

- doesn't remember the position of the window when it last ran
- no gameshark cheats

project64k pros:

- less memory usage
- gameshark cheats

project64k cons:
- freezes my comp more often(two times yesterday once today so far)

- i have to use the default sound plugin Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver) or else I ds constantly. this sound plugin has delayed sound so every smash sound is delayed a little unlike the n64 or when u use a good sound plugin. if you still use this old sound plugin, i suggest changing it unless you like delayed attack sounds and stuff

- have to close online game to change resolution and controls
- not as easy to record matches
- harder for me as host to end game sometimes when someone disconnects or something
The cons for project seem trivial..

-sound errors (i usually have music on and sounds disabled anyways[with cheats you can do this!])
-Freezes your comp (i have never had my PC become responsive through this emulator...maybe the emulator it self but never my PC)
-Having to close game to change some settings (i think you can change resolution with project in game..but not controls....not that I've ever really had to O_o)
-harder to close games when online (true, i cant argue this)
- Harder to record (Again true, this is one of the only "useful" pros for mupen

D

Deleted member

I've had Pj64k give me a good amount of blue screens of death in EGX days whenever the emulator is crashing

Mupen it seems like it might give me a blue screen of death, I can't move the mouse for a few seconds and the screen freezes, but it never leads to a blue screen of death

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I've had Pj64k give me a good amount of blue screens of death in EGX days whenever the emulator is crashing

Mupen it seems like it might give me a blue screen of death, I can't move the mouse for a few seconds and the screen freezes, but it never leads to a blue screen of death
I get that with project64 on my home computer. If I move the window or there is too much graphical stuff happening, my computer freezes, then my mouse freezes (like two seconds later), resulting in total freeze. 30 seconds later (yes, a complete half-minute later... sometimes longer), the computer un-freezes, and a message comes up saying the display (or whatever it's called) crashed but has successfully recovered.

I haven't tried Mupen, but my home computer sucks too much for me to try. I only do serious online matches on the University computers :p

MattNF

Smash Lord
I think it freezes because you guys have bad computers lol

I've never had a freeze with either mupen or project

And you can change controls in game with project64k with Jabo's DirectInput 7

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Isai, when you get those video errors with mupen, you don't have to change the res

Just go (this is off memory, might be a little incorrect) tools > settings, then near the bottom, just check / uncheck a box for something that has to do with textures / graphics, then press ok

I do it every game, it's annoying but it works. Let me know if it works for you

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My computer sucks very much. I decided to go on EGX to play a game for the lols. On the University computer, I get around 70 ping, with 8 frames of delay. On my home computer, I got over 600 ping, with 41 frames of delay. No, I did not play that game through.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I know it changed. At the time, it was called EGX, so that's why I called it that.

Also, I live on the Pacific coast of Canada... or for you US people, I basically live in Seattle (right beside). So I am going to get a bad connection... but it's still nowhere near as bad as my home computer lol.

Lovage

Smash Hero
is there anyway i can change the volume in mupen? a different audio plugin? i use alzimer's HLE audio v.056 WIP 2

NixxxoN

Smash Master
hey just a question, anyone knows cheats for ssb64 japanese version? I need have all characters and the items switch plzzzzzzzzzz

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
hey just a question, anyone knows cheats for ssb64 japanese version? I need have all characters and the items switch plzzzzzzzzzz
haha use the same ones xP

works for both on project...you should definitely invest in getting the newer plug in too for video...the default one sux

i dont know about how that goes with mupen though...O_o

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Hello people, I'm a Melee player who's been trying to get into ssb with help from Lovage and s2j. I'll probably be semi-active on this board, so I'm just announcing that here.

Top Bottom