• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Superstar

Smash Champion
Its harder, but making your own engine from scratch is the way to go. More freedom to do what you want, and you can "gear it" primarily for your game, so that the later parts become smooth sailing. And then once that's done you can even port said engine for another game.

Though, making a fan game really isn't the thing to do. Some people do well with it, but if you learn to sprite, you can do a lot more. Background stuff is easier than sprites from scratch, I'll say that.

MattNF

Smash Lord
on the mod topic, I could probably be a really good mod if it was offered to me

I'm the head admin of a huge site already with like 8,000 members / 400,000 posts (which is big compared to most forums)

not to mention I could bring hundreds of members to this forum extremely easily.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
lol I'm not inactive, I just don't post as much as everyone else cuz I see no point in posting. And I don't bash on newbies for not knowing stuff, I bash IGNORANCE. Like when someone makes a new thread asking all the things that are easily answered in the stickies, or when someone makes a bunch of stupid claims and bull**** that they pretend is fact.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I lost the stylus for my DSi :( :( :(

It has a spare but i don't wanna use that

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
"no Excessive Spam
No Flaming"
I dont think you have any reason to be saying that PD!

as for the mod thing...ha!

I have been inactive for a little bit again, and thats because I moved out xP

I have my own place now :D

lol mod tier list....

Blue yoshi gets my vote

Skrlx

Smash Champion
How do you get Smash Elitist :S

I've seen people with fewer posts like 200-300 posts and they have smash elitist

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No I would suck anyways. I only really play with a few friends that live near by.

You have to get into the Smash BRoom to be a smash eletist by making large conributions to smash and it's developement or something like that. Doesn't matter how many post you have as long as you are a good quality poster. Not sure if it's only for brawl though.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
So I was on EGX playing some guy and after I win the match he says something like "You play so defensive, all you do is run away and counter, you never attack" and then he just drops the game and leaves.

I told myself I wouldn't go back to EGX but sometimes you just need to play, y'know? BUT REALLY IS EVERY EFFING IDIOT ON EGX LIKE THIS?!?!?

has anyone tryd out the arkem asylum demo on steam it looks awesome and the game looks just completly stuning when it comes out if ive got the cash ive gotta get it
I don't have the computer to run it, but a buddy of mine is a big Batman fan and just got a new rig so I'm definitely going to play it on his PC. I'm sure he has it already if the game's released :)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I must play all the nice people, because everyone I play doesn't do that. Then again, I don't go all-out on EGX. I play to my opponent's skill so that we both have fun, and he doesn't get destroyed every match. If I end up playing against someone good, then I'll go all-out, but most of the time, it's not worth it.

MattNF

Smash Lord
what music do you guys listen to while smashin?
Trance, Drum n Bass, House.

Basically anything electronic.

So I was on EGX playing some guy and after I win the match he says something like "You play so defensive, all you do is run away and counter, you never attack" and then he just drops the game and leaves.

I told myself I wouldn't go back to EGX but sometimes you just need to play, y'know? BUT REALLY IS EVERY EFFING IDIOT ON EGX LIKE THIS?!?!?
When that happens all I do is laugh at their pathetic johns. Then I make another game and forget it a few minutes later

the only valid johns are lag/delay johns and occasionally tier johns

Top Bottom