• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Those polls are useless, because not really the BEST games are on top, but the most POPULAR/MAINSTREAM ones at this moment.
Yeah, that's why it's incredible to me that Melee almost beat Brawl. Brawl is way more mainstream/popular, and the more recent addition to the series.

Smash 64 isn't from this decade.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
kuz are you sure you want to start another z cancel debate? hehe jk

But yeah I've played brawl a few times at my friend's house. I don't really like the feel of it, but I'm sure I could get used to it (I don't like the feel of melee either).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i don't like the fact in brawl that recoveries are too broken and that defensive play is too..well..defensive.

SSE is a bucket load of fun though. <3

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
kuz are you sure you want to start another z cancel debate?
Lets do it.

Zcancelling is a useless feature of sbb64 and you should not be able to cancel your landing lag from an aerial because that is cheating.

64 and melee got it wrong because people used to use too much aerials. Brawl got it right because now its more spacing and mindgames. Mmmm, I love my mindgames. Brawl is the best.

Get at me

#HBC | ѕoup

meanwhile...at the brawl discussion forum..

brawl player 1: DUDE
brawl player 2: WHAT
brawl player 1: MK IS A CHEAP ******
brawl player 2: I KNOW
both: AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH our game is still superior.

*random thread concerning nothing*

OMG GUYS HOW DO I EXPLOIT THE GAEM!!!1!onefour

barwl playurrr: guys, this game is obviouisly the best, we have more characters, and we are the most popular, melee is just buttmad about everything, we don't need exploitations to be awesome, we just are. also, what's this smash64, i've never heard of it.

meanwhile..at a brawl workshop thread..

OMG GUYS LETS MAKE USELESS TEXTURES AND MAKE THINGS LIKE BRAWL + AND BRAWL - OMG GUYS

meanwhile..at hal labortories..

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't agree. I think Melee is a bit less defensive overall. Defensive play is definitely more than viable in all three smash games though.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
hahah it helps a lot to take Multi b4 E&M. But I hear circuits are too hard :(
Taking Multivariable Calc right now... they wouldn't let me take E&M unless it was concurrent with multi. Still doesn't help much. I definitely know the two are related quite heavily, what with multiple integrals and partial derivatives and whatnot, but we still don't use them much in E&M. We COULD, and probably SHOULD, especially in the exams, but I just sorta roll with it and write random crap down, and get a 70 on the test, which is like 30 points higher than the average, and then end up with an A in the class.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
SSB64 is the least defensive of the 3.
I feel that brawl is the most defensive and smash 64 and melee in some ways are equally offensive and defensive. In Smash 64, people offensive due to the massive priorities/hitboxes/combos and people are defensive due to watching out for these said things while in melee people are defensive and offensive at the same time as they are trying to predict where the opponent will move and to get rid of all options.

Peek~

Smash Lord
My R trigger is getting weak, damn gamecube triggers

Guess I should stop trying to cancel my uairs and dairs

#HBC | ѕoup

Soupa I hope you're just being sarcastic. =p

64 can be HELLA defensive if you play it defensive. xD
yeah i'm just being sarcastic and a goof. :reverse:

agreed, and really, brawl isn't that bad of a game, just not my type of game.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I actually like the Japanese version of 64 better than the american, does any one else think that as well or is it just me?

Also Japanese Link is awesome :awesome:.

#HBC | ѕoup

mmm..i don't know..

i give japanese smash a +1 because their hit sound is much more awesome.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
Taking Multivariable Calc right now... they wouldn't let me take E&M unless it was concurrent with multi. Still doesn't help much. I definitely know the two are related quite heavily, what with multiple integrals and partial derivatives and whatnot, but we still don't use them much in E&M. We COULD, and probably SHOULD, especially in the exams, but I just sorta roll with it and write random crap down, and get a 70 on the test, which is like 30 points higher than the average, and then end up with an A in the class.
Ugh, i just got owned by my E&M exam yesturday =/ Wish I was still in E&M 1 :D

Yeah I also try to cancel Ness's uair and dair >_>
This is always fun, though makes me shield stupidly afterwards if i fail.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
He got put in charge of both boards when they fused a little while back (melee and 64).

He has modding rights but does not really need to do anything cuz of surri and moogle.

Where u at byoshi?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
why would you need to be in the backroom to become a mod?

If you are dedicated to policing the server and are always on task you are qualified regardless of your smash skill.

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
is it just me or does link's dair animation last longer than the hitbox?

tons of times where you hit your opponent with the same dair twice and there's a chance you can hit them again with the same dair but it just goes through

Gowa

Smash Apprentice
is it because the dair hitbox is programmed to disappear after two hits even though the dair animation isn't finished?

who wants to put a santa hat on MR. SMITH?

the only reason why i knew what you meant by "mr. smith" is this

I remember seeing a post by a poster who wanted to know what my avatar was

His name is Mr. Smith. His body consists of a rectangular torso and an oddly-shaped head with a smile on it. When I was a kid I used to draw comic strips of Mr. Smith murdering people, although his methods were not limited to the use of his harpoon-like weapon.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
Hi there ya'll! Im a melee player and Im thinking about trying out SSB64+kaillera. Sooo I just wanted to introduce myself and get started :).

Im ty, hopefully Ill be playing some of ya'll soon

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Hi there ya'll! Im a melee player and Im thinking about trying out SSB64+kaillera. Sooo I just wanted to introduce myself and get started :).

Im ty, hopefully Ill be playing some of ya'll soon
Tis always good to see new members of the community. Welcome.

Hope you enjoy ssb64 more than melee :awesome:.

What is your previous experience with 64, if any?

Top Bottom