• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Only one more final exam left... Physics. God how I hate electricity and magnetism and the other random crap we're doing. I don't understand anything...

Battlecow

Play to Win
"Carnival" isn't used as a proper noun in America.

It's just "A festive occasion marked by parades and sometimes special foods and other entertainment," not any specific holiday.

But according to Wikipedia, Mardi Gras is like the American equivalent; that's a huge deal in New Orleans, and the other states are pretty much just like "Wow, it's Mardi Gras. Must be awesome down in Louisiana." I mean, there might be some parties or something, but nothing big. I usually don't even realize it's Mardi Gras until someone tells me.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
how can anyone hate anything in physics????

line integrals will free u!

:(
Hey I just did line integrals in Calc today! Those really aren't so bad, especially when you can apply the almighty FUNDAMENTAL THEOREM.

But man, line charges... now that's another story.

Basically, I didn't pay attention in Physics this year, and it's all really confusing and while I can do optics and electric forces and whatnot, circuits and flux and phasors and magnetism really trip me out.

So, I'm off to learn a whole semester's worth of Physics in five hours! Should be fun.

I'll be sure to do a line integral in your honor and dedicate it to you.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I just took a physics final as well.

A slightly less advanced physics final, granted, but a physics final nonetheless. ;)

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Hey, I've actually come across that site before! Just not the web thing. And thanks, I like how it lays out like EVERYTHING.

This will be my study guide.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I just took a physics final as well.

A slightly less advanced physics final, granted, but a physics final nonetheless. ;)
I absolutely LOVED Physics I, if that's what you're taking, what with Newton's Laws and what have you. Even enjoyed the brief intro to fluid and thermodynamics. I could comprehend that stuff and found it really interesting, but electricity and magnetism is just...

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
did s2j get kicked out of the backroom already? I saw him on yesterday and he didnt have the purple backroom name

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
He still has the BRoom icon. You can choose whether or not to have a coloured name if you belong to a group.

EDIT: linkonninja beat me to it.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Congrats kuz.

My list of things to consider when choosing a college:

0) Cost (obv)
1) College football and maybe basketball
2) Quantities of parties and hot girls
3) Warm weather (apparently this is a pretty big deal. I go to a fairly warm weather college but I've listened to people from east coast schools complain about the cold and snow for DAYS - although we are from california so we aren't used to it at all)
4) Prestige (not that big of a factor in most places, but graduating from a big name school can be useful)
5) Academics in whatever you want to major in

One last random belief of mine is that people should major in something marketable. If you major in history it is difficult to market yourself unless you want to go into academia. Even if you have to work your butt off to be an engineering major it will probably be worth it for getting a job (also it will improve your work ethic :) )

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
my school is

expensive and cold

but has

smokin hot girls
great sports
GREAT parties
great academics and prestige
great alumni networks

Im going in undecided. I still have no idea what I want to major in. But yeah, I see your point about marketing myself.

and yeah, we east coasters love to ***** about the cold. Nothing is better than having a good snowball fight after a long day though. Also I love to ski so that location will be perfect. Only down side is I wont get to see the chicks in their skimpy outfits most of the time...at least outside anyway.

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
I absolutely LOVED Physics I, if that's what you're taking, what with Newton's Laws and what have you. Even enjoyed the brief intro to fluid and thermodynamics. I could comprehend that stuff and found it really interesting, but electricity and magnetism is just...
Just wait until E&M II! (I'm in it now, and just getting owned so hard)

E&M I was lots of fun though, just gotta take Calc III b4 :)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
my school is

expensive and cold

but has

smokin hot girls
great sports
GREAT parties
great academics and prestige
great alumni networks

Im going in undecided. I still have no idea what I want to major in. But yeah, I see your point about marketing myself.

and yeah, we east coasters love to ***** about the cold. Nothing is better than having a good snowball fight after a long day though. Also I love to ski so that location will be perfect. Only down side is I wont get to see the chicks in their skimpy outfits most of the time...at least outside anyway.
I live ~4 hours away from the mountains, so while I enjoy the good weather here I can also go snowboarding for a weekend. Kinda the best of both worlds.

I've never really lived in snow to be honest but according to east coasters I know it is a pain, like "yeah you think the snow is fun but you never had to shovel your driveway to park your car!"

Again though the people I know are biased because they are used to living in California.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Just wait until E&M II! (I'm in it now, and just getting owned so hard)

E&M I was lots of fun though, just gotta take Calc II b4 :)
This is roughly my course of study:

http://www.engr.uconn.edu/me/pdf/CurriculumMap2008.pdf

That ECE class looming in semester five is gonna be my downfall. Not quite sure if it's more E&M, but I know the focus is on circuits. Circuits can be very simple, or impossibly complicated. I'm sure it'll be the latter, and I am not excited for that class...

Thankfully, I'm done with Physics (and who wouldn't want to be, after E&M!?) after this semester, and I sure as hell won't miss it.

Except for maybe a Newton's Laws problem. :)

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
kuz, at college you should beat everyone there at ssb.

your pickup lines could be all smash-related too.

"i you think i **** at smash you should see me in bed"

true player.

i'm thinking about college myself, i'm a junior this year and i know what i want to do.
i want to be a journalist.

but yeah, my ACT's are bound to show up soon, i've been studying because i've already picked a college out, but i need a 3.5 or higher to get in. also, my ACT needs to be atleast a 25 core.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Damn.

Melee was winning last night (I was actually pretty surprised), it's really close.

Pretty sure a large portion of the votes are a result of the Melee and Brawl boards warring against each other LOL

DemonicInfluence

Smash Ace
This is roughly my course of study:

http://www.engr.uconn.edu/me/pdf/CurriculumMap2008.pdf

That ECE class looming in semester five is gonna be my downfall. Not quite sure if it's more E&M, but I know the focus is on circuits. Circuits can be very simple, or impossibly complicated. I'm sure it'll be the latter, and I am not excited for that class...

Thankfully, I'm done with Physics (and who wouldn't want to be, after E&M!?) after this semester, and I sure as hell won't miss it.

Except for maybe a Newton's Laws problem. :)
hahah it helps a lot to take Multi b4 E&M. But I hear circuits are too hard :(

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Yeah, it's actually pretty good that melee is putting up the stand that it is...seeing as its pretty much only competitive players voting for it these days.

Lol at the thought of putting smash64 in these polls

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
brawl is...
a fun party game
:troll:?

but yeah, voting melee because the marth mains will come after me.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Having never played brawl before, I went over a friends house and after an hour of them telling me to stop *****ing about no zcanceling, we just enjoyed the game for what it was and ****ed around for a little.

4 people is quite fun on one console when they dont care about playing well

DMoogle

A$
Since Brawl came out, I just can't bring myself to play Melee anymore. I've tried a few times, and I just lose interest and patience SO quickly.

That being said, Melee has had a bigger impact than Brawl, IMO, so I still voted for Melee.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Having never played brawl before, I went over a friends house and after an hour of them telling me to stop *****ing about no zcanceling, we just enjoyed the game for what it was and ****ed around for a little.

4 people is quite fun on one console when they dont care about playing well
Lolz x10
I know exactly what you mean... xD

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't even have fun with Brawl casually. Even as casual games, Melee and 64 are better.

NOOOO Melee lost. If Brawl wins this I'm going to cry myself to sleep.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Those polls are useless, because not really the BEST games are on top, but the most POPULAR/MAINSTREAM ones at this moment.
people usually vote their favorites regardless if they really are the best or not, and lots of these voters have no idea about the best games ever
melee would've got much better results several years ago, same for 64

Top Bottom