• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Just because I am board I would like to start my own clan. I will call it clan Fighter. I am the only member, and because I can not stop laughing at myself for the concept I will be the only member.

Me, Dragoon, The one person clan!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I didn't know you were an active player. If you are, prove so.
omg, seriously funk...
dont be an IDIOT

Just because I dont enter much the messenger and the euro chat doesnt mean I forgot how to play. I have played this game for many years,i was already playing this game when you were in the middle of elementary school, and i dont have to prove anything to anyone, I just wanna have some fun

the ping you will get will probably be too high for competitive play.
I won't be participating vs europe(DELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY)
Sigh, all people care about is to try to win. I will have a lot of delay aswell, but I dont care at all, i just feel like people should try this NEW, DIFFERENT event for once, no matter the result or the delay, unless its something like 11-12 frames or higher

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
omg, seriously funk...
dont be an IDIOT

Just because I dont enter much the messenger and the euro chat doesnt mean I forgot how to play. I have played this game for many years,i was already playing this game when you were in the middle of elementary school, and i dont have to prove anything to anyone, I just wanna have some fun
So all you're saying here is that you're an inactive player.

Sigh, all people care about is to try to win. I will have a lot of delay aswell, but I dont care at all, i just feel like people should try this NEW, DIFFERENT event for once, no matter the result or the delay, unless its something like 11-12 frames or higher
I don't have fun playing in delay Nixxxon. Do you get it yet?

dandan

Smash Lord
there is no reason funk will include you if you do not play with us, in that regard he can also include older people like sere and aa that retired, and if you do not play much, you kinda do "forget" how to play - as in you get rusty.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
So all you're saying here is that you're an inactive player.
hmm can you read? Where I said im inactive? Do i have to prove everytime that Im active by playing online all the time and having no time for other more important things in life? Playing less =/= being inactive Kthnkxbai

I don't have fun playing in delay Nixxxon. Do you get it yet?
k good bye then, there are other players who dont think like you

dandan said:
there is no reason funk will include you if you do not play with us, in that regard he can also include older people like sere and aa that retired, and if you do not play much, you kinda do "forget" how to play - as in you get rusty.
The difference is: Im sure that Sere and AA dont care and they are fully retired unlike me that I simply play less and most of the times I do, i play on console, not online, that doesnt mean im retired. You imply that do be active you must have no life and play all the time? thats great. and how do you determine that im rusty? I can still do pretty much everything that I did when I played more. You guys should stop acting like elitists excluders with the "holier than thou" attitude.... Like... we play all the time, we are so great, we train so much, you dont! Serious business omfg...

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
hmm can you read? Where I said im inactive? Do i have to prove everytime that Im active by playing online all the time and having no time for other more important things in life? Playing less =/= being inactive Kthnkxbai

k good bye then, there are other players who dont think like you

The difference is: Im sure that Sere and AA dont care and they are fully retired unlike me that I simply play less and most of the times I do, i play on console, not online, that doesnt mean im retired. You imply that do be active you must have no life and play all the time? thats great. and how do you determine that im rusty? I can still do pretty much everything that I did when I played more. You guys should stop acting like elitists excluders with the "holier than thou" attitude.... Like... we play all the time, we are so great, we train so much, you dont! Serious business omfg...
Not gonna bash you for actually being interested in playing with American players, in fact I'll take it well. All I'm saying is that I only forgot about you because you're utterly and totally inactive in the online smash community. While you may have 3000+ posts in those boards, it won't hide the fact that we never see you on the euro chat and nobody even mentions having played you recently. And don't exaggerate, we are not asking for your entire existence here. You don't have to play every day or anything. Dandan for example, plays less than before because he works a lot, but at least he's active on the chat and has a few games from time to time with everyone. He still keeps a good and respectable position in our community for his presence and consistency. The only reason I haven't mentioned him in a potential list for a crew battle vs American teams is solely because he lives in Israel and will likely suffer from heavy and unplayable delay. If he lived in France or something, he could have been first on my list. You don't participate anymore and almost never appear on the chat, and say that you play PAL on console with your friends
(with items)
, and you expect to stand as an important member of the European online community. Sorry, but no.

However, I will give props for you to be willing to want to play until 10 frames. God ****. Problem is, I doubt the american will like that. Still, if we end up falling short of the players I originally expected to participate, you could be in.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Not gonna bash you for actually being interested in playing with American players, in fact I'll take it well. All I'm saying is that I only forgot about you because you're utterly and totally inactive in the online smash community. While you may have 3000+ posts in those boards, it won't hide the fact that we never see you on the euro chat and nobody even mentions having played you recently. And don't exaggerate, we are not asking for your entire existence here. You don't have to play every day or anything. Dandan for example, plays less than before because he works a lot, but at least he's active on the chat and has a few games from time to time with everyone. He still keeps a good and respectable position in our community for his presence and consistency. The only reason I haven't mentioned him in a potential list for a crew battle vs American teams is solely because he lives in Israel and will likely suffer from heavy and unplayable delay. If he lived in France or something, he could have been first on my list. You don't participate anymore and almost never appear on the chat, and say that you play PAL on console with your friends
(with items)
, and you expect to stand as an important member of the European online community. Sorry, but no.

However, I will give props for you to be willing to want to play until 10 frames. God ****. Problem is, I doubt the american will like that. Still, if we end up falling short of the players I originally expected to participate, you could be in.
You dont get the point.
Being more or less active doesnt give you the right to play or not to play. I want play because I deserve to take part of it.
Why do I deserve it? Simply because everybody who is a decent/good player and has been around since many years ago deserves it if they want. Seretur and AvengerAngel would deserve it too if they wanted, because they were pretty good back in the day and if they wish to play, as a matter of respect, allow them... or at the very least tell them about it. Same for Lawrencelot that I think hes not appeared much in the group.
Moreover, i have contributed in more than one occasion to make this europe vs america, and there goes the mighty king funk posting his own list, including some and excluding others.

man, you should stop being this arrogant. You act like you are superior to others or something and you arent. Who the hell gives you the right to call me important or not important in the group? Stop acting like being a boss or something like that, thanks. No one is superior to others, people deserved to be treated equally

Also, I can play on 5 frames vs east coast, not 10 you ***

dandan

Smash Lord
there is no one that deserves anything, you want it, prove you are the best (as funk was referring to the best western european players), just for analogy, you won't put in maradona in current day's barca, surely he deserves a spot in the hall of fame, but he won't be able to play.

and about the 10 frames, i think he was talking about what you mentioned when you played a member of ed.
also, 5 is a lot (what i usually get with east coasters) and they will most likely not play with that.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Okay dan. How about not care so much about the results? What will we win if we beat them? NOTHING
What do we lose if they beat us? NOTHING

thats what you übercompetitiveelitists dont understand. This is a videogame, not a business, enjoy and not be too worried about the results.
Now you will think uhh nixxxon cries because hes not top 5 and stuff,... man, thats what Im saying above, the players should be people who is decent/good and wants to play and not only the best. Not only the best deserves it. its unfair for a lot of players who have had a lot of dedication to this game and not are one of those
Also 5 isnt a lot, unless you care too much about the results (again)

dandan

Smash Lord
but if you do a crew battle, it is competitive. noone is saying don't do friendlies, but here he was talking about a competition, so it only makes sense to throw in your best players.

also, some people enjoy the competitive aspect, i do not know why you are viewing it as wrong, certain people like to compete while others like to mellow out with the game, both are playing for fun (as there is no money to be gained), as such, saying that people playing competitively are not having fun is way off.

also, you are contradicting yourself, as saying that people who show dedication deserve a spot, as people who show dedication are usually the top players (or improving), and as such, there is no difference between the 2 groups.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
thats what you übercompetitiveelitists dont understand. This is a videogame, not a business, enjoy and not be too worried about the results.

We enjoy the game fine, it's you that is having all the problems here.

You contradict yourself 100x over Nixxxxon.

Playing to win is fine, playing not to win is fine.

No one deserves anything when it comes to the competitive scene here, it would take quite the american ego to think otherwise.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
You dont get the point.
Being more or less active doesnt give you the right to play or not to play. I want play because I deserve to take part of it.
Why do I deserve it? Simply because everybody who is a decent/good player and has been around since many years ago deserves it if they want. Seretur and AvengerAngel would deserve it too if they wanted, because they were pretty good back in the day and if they wish to play, as a matter of respect, allow them... or at the very least tell them about it. Same for Lawrencelot that I think hes not appeared much in the group.
Moreover, i have contributed in more than one occasion to make this europe vs america, and there goes the mighty king funk posting his own list, including some and excluding others.

man, you should stop being this arrogant. You act like you are superior to others or something and you arent. Who the hell gives you the right to call me important or not important in the group? Stop acting like being a boss or something like that, thanks. No one is superior to others, people deserved to be treated equally

Also, I can play on 5 frames vs east coast, not 10 you ***
You are completely delusional. You may have been here for years, but not THIS year. I'm basing my list on active, good and decidated players. And why am I doing a list, you might ask? I have two reasons for that. Firstly, many European players on the chat are not active on smashboards. Some of our best players, Mahie, Maddy, Craiigg, Fays, Jam and others barely post here at all. This is pretty much why I don't simply ask european players: "who wants to participate?", because they don't answer here. However I KNOW that if I asked them on MSN they would most probably agree to participate. Secondly, I am more than aware of West Europe's best players.

Back when I joined the European chat in April 2009, you were top 5. But that dropped throughout the year as some players were getting better (including myself). After that you started being less and less present in the chat, and nowadays not at all. By January 2010 I had already reached your level (if not surpassed according to other players). And that was the time when you began not playing as much as before. Things went even further than that. My highest improvement period was from March 2010 to June 2010, and also, new players started appearing such as Jam and Fays. Forget about Seretur and AA. Would we put Ken in the Melee crew for West Coast, if he somehow came back? No. Not unless he proves he can still compete with the current level. Fays became better throughout the year and I think he's probably ahead of me now.

So now, seeing that you have not been active at all online, knowing that players such as Fays and Jam are active, dedicated players that go about even with me and that I have gotten better ever since the beginning of the year. Don't I have the right to mention them and not you?

Are you active? No. At least not in the online community.
Are you good? Depends on your definition of "good".
Are you dedicated? Well, yes.

But that is not enough.

Why so?

Dedicated players are usually active.
Good players have been dedicated to the game to get where they are.
You're not active enough for us to know how good you are.

Also, Lawrencelot is in Brazil right now, but he's returning to the Netherlands in December and he told me he will start playing again.

Okay dan. How about not care so much about the results? What will we win if we beat them? NOTHING
What do we lose if they beat us? NOTHING

Now you will think uhh nixxxon cries because hes not top 5 and stuff,... man, thats what Im saying above, the players should be people who is decent/good and wants to play and not only the best. Not only the best deserves it. its unfair for a lot of players who have had a lot of dedication to this game and not are one of those
Also 5 isnt a lot, unless you care too much about the results (again)
Do we care about winning money/stuff? No.
We do it for "reputation". I'm sure you'll be like "lol you nerds taking a video game so seriously". Smash is one of my favourite hobbies, and I like to be good at whatever I do. If I can get good feedback from my performance, why not? That and the fun I experience from playing the game are the main reasons for me to keep doing so.

By "reputation", I also mean Europe's reputation as a force to be reckoned, in the eyes of the smash communities around the world.

I want us to give our best shot.

If you want to prove you're part of that "best shot", please do so I'd be happy.

As Surri said, playing to win or not is fine. But in an event like a crew battle between European and American players, I'll be inclined to pick players who play to win.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
We do it for "reputation". I'm sure you'll be like "lol you nerds taking a video game so seriously". Smash is one of my favourite hobbies, and I like to be good at whatever I do. If I can get good feedback from my performance, why not? That and the fun I experience from playing the game are the main reasons for me to keep doing so.

By "reputation", I also mean Europe's reputation as a force to be reckoned, in the eyes of the smash communities around the world.
Reputation... LOL :laugh:

Oh yes, we must have so much reputation... All the girls in the world will get wet for us, plus we will become famous, and all people will love us!!
Smash communities? We are so few playing 64 since long ago, in 2010 nobody cares who is a force to be reckoned at 64 online.

Sorry but im lol'ing hard.

but if you do a crew battle, it is competitive. noone is saying don't do friendlies, but here he was talking about a competition, so it only makes sense to throw in your best players
It is not a crew battle in my eyes, more like europe vs usa. Why only the few best have the right to play in this?

In my eyes im not contradicting myself. Dedication is not the same as being the best. You can try to play like a douche all the time with the easiest stuff and top tiers all the time or be dedicated in the way that you try to do different stuff and different chars, thats a discussion we've had before

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
In my eyes im not contradicting myself. Dedication is not the same as being the best. You can try to play like a douche all the time with the easiest stuff and top tiers all the time or be dedicated in the way that you try to do different stuff and different chars, thats a discussion we've had before
But you NEED dedication to be the best. The reason someone is the best is because he had some dedication for whatever he did. Even playing "top tiers like a douche" takes dedication: you may gain advantages playing top tiers, but people know the top tier matchups more than other matchups, making the task a lot harder. Trying to do different stuff? Don't make me laugh Mr. "throw -> fair -> uair -> up-b". Different characters? Why be good at many characters when you can be better with one? Unless you can be as good with all characters, which I'd have a lot of respect for.

Jam, a player you labeled as a "typical Pikachu who does easy stuff". Why is he good? Spacing. Yep. Spacing. His spacing is superior to most players, and in 64, that's one of the most important things. Who cares whether he plays Pikachu or any other character, spacing is a universal and transcendent skill. What do you need for such a skill? Dedication.

That's all there is to it really.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
NixxxoN said:
It is not a crew battle in my eyes, more like europe vs usa. Why only the few best have the right to play in this?
'cuz a team wouldn't take the worst of them to represent them.
Surri-Sama said:
have you ever seen any competitive event in the world ever?
Maybe he hasn't...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
have you ever seen any competitive event in the world ever?
this is nothing like any competitive event in the world. You basically win nothing from winning and you lose nothing for losing. In other words, who cares about the result, the important is to take part of it and have good fun... Oh wait this is serious business, everybody must dedicate his whole life at it, because reputation is the most important and if you dont do a good job you can stab yourself.

King Funk said:
Trying to do different stuff? Don't make me laugh Mr. "throw -> fair -> uair -> up-b".
... and this is coming from a "falcon only" player, lol.
i use most of the chars, u dont
inb4 "im great with one char, ur bad with all of them olololol"

Frogles

Smash Ace
nixxxon you seem to be taking this pretty hard for someone who doesn't care about reputation (and you're being a pretty big douche while you're at it). if you arent at the top of your game why should you get to play over someone whos GOOD (remember we're talking about a competition). competition is fun when skill levels are close. nobody wants to play with noobs.

and nobody cares how long you been around when it comes to these things.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
nixxxon you seem to be taking this pretty hard for someone who doesn't care about reputation (and you're being a pretty big douche while you're at it). if you arent at the top of your game why should you get to play over someone whos GOOD (remember we're talking about a competition). competition is fun when skill levels are close. nobody wants to play with noobs.

and nobody cares how long you been around when it comes to these things.
This is not about reputation, all im saying is: Why only a select few can take part of an event like this and the rest are forbidden to do so? I never said noobs, i said the decent/ok players or better. If you are so obssesed about being it competitive, there still are good players and not as good players in both sides, so why not??? This is pure discrimination and thats what im talking about.

dandan

Smash Lord
all of this from a random suggestion funk made lol,
you think this is a discriminatory thing nix, make an event open for everyone, i am all up for it.
funk does not have exclusivity upon such events, but the one he wanted to make was a top crew battle, his call, not yours, so please stop whining, sheesh (and i hope i don't get infracted for this, i just want this stupid bickering to cease, there are limits to what even the social thread can take).

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Well Dan, thats what im trying to say all the time... Im against this "only the very few best, **** the rest"

"WTF Funk I'm a good player"

followed by

"Who cares about reputation?"
One thing is caring so much about reputation and the other is caring about being ignored or being excluded from some event.

Top Bottom