• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
What are clans? I keep seeing them around but I really do not know their purpose. Why, do the exist and exactly what in terms of smash are they?

EGZ-

Smash Rookie
What are clans? I keep seeing them around but I really do not know their purpose. Why, do the exist and exactly what in terms of smash are they?
ego purposes in most cases

I don't really like the word "clan" so i refer to them as crews and sometimes groups.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Private Message: don't check ur mail the next few days
Today, 07:00 PM
Smash Journeyman

don't check ur mail the next few days
you might find your parents ashes

Peek~

Smash Lord
Just a group of bros smashing and being bros

Join one to meet other bros, play, and improve alongside your bros

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
i noticed this page all has avatar waifus.

BANDWAGON COMMENCE!

this also makes it okay to use a touhou avatar finally.

gentlemen.

edit: bah, picture needs better resoulution.
any useful websties that help?
jpeg dat muh fugga. 4 some reason jpeg comes out higher quality than png and bmp. On this site for avatars jpeg is the way to go.

EDIT: I wanna make a sig with this....and for reason I feel SOOO HYPE about it...The thing thats stopping is me getting moogled

EGZ-

Smash Rookie
the height limit of signatures on this site is really small

130px or so

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I would lmao if some people in the 64 community celebrated thanksgiving on tinychat. U gotta have thanksgiving with ur smash brothers lol.

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
Private Message: don't check ur mail the next few days
Today, 07:00 PM
Smash Journeyman

don't check ur mail the next few days
you might find your parents ashes
cant be me i have more posts than that

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Two things that I can not deal with and really need smash advice for is Kirby vs Pikachu (God, pikachu is EVIL) and Link (Well, the ones that do nothing, but camp and throw things at you.)

sharksquail

Smash Ace
if clans exist at least they should do clan battles or something
I agree

If we had more clans that did clan things, online/kaillera smash would be much more exciting
Idk if they would ever get done, but there could be quarterly clan battles structured something like this

Clans A & B nominate 5 players a side.
Which ever clan has the most wins out of this bracket moves on and the other is eliminated.
players who play in the first round may not play in the second round.
prob would need some more basic structuring.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
V would just win everything

too easy

Our only challange would be the Eds, but they are currently fighting CB_1992 & Australia

sharksquail

Smash Ace
You never know until you try. Don't lose faith Kuzi. But knowing the smash community it would take a year to complete.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You never know until you try. Don't lose faith Kuzi. But knowing the smash community it would take a year to complete.
I am in V -_- so there is nothing to lose faith about :awesome:

But yeah. Knowing our community, kaillera clan rankings/battles would definitely take awhile.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Nah. Eds r fighting cb_1992 and australia legit.

Eds are pretty powerful (just today they started letting in non latin players). Pretty legit
sarcasm

PPS vs V would be interesting tbh, I would legit wanna do that.

Most of pps is inactive or dont wear tag.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Clan battles wouldnt take long as long as leaders choose active players and keep it short like 3vs3-4vs4.

I miss mah bois ;_;

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Australia would **** if we got organized enough to do stuff. But we're Australians so that's out of the question. aa is the exception because he's asian and writes billion word guides on stuff.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
sorry

I'm sorry for my bad posting history (e.g., arguments with s2j, arguments with surri)

I'm sorry for acting like a D-bag to a lot of people

I'm sorry for a lot of things

I just want to play smash 64 online...that's all :(

will you guys forgive me?

P.S. I'm sorry that I lost the trust of MLG_JV with my posting history.

P.P.S. I really hope boom forgives me for harassing him because i dunno, boom isn't a bad person and i ****ed up.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
umm..sure?

i really don't know what the whole story is, or what happend, but turning a new leaf is always good; hearing your apology is accepted is even better, even though mine is really chalant.

#HBC | ѕoup

Clan battles wouldnt take long as long as leaders choose active players and keep it short like 3vs3-4vs4.

I miss mah bois ;_;
;_; i miss the vigorious competition between clans, even ****ty ones like SL.

The Star King

Smash Hero
There was competition between clans?

If clans of today had any sort of competitive purpose, I might actually care a little about clans.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I was never a fan of all the drama you caused on here, so I think it's really cool that you're apologizing to the community. Props.

P.P.S. I really hope boom forgives me for harassing him because i dunno, boom isn't a bad person and i ****ed up.
I see what you did there.

#HBC | ѕoup

There was, but not anymore.

NBK helped fuel some clan war fires long ago, but in old EGX MZ and other clans usted to go at it, and alot of novice clans or clans based off other clans were made, much like a doppler effect.

it was fun for the most part, but i think shab took it far too seriously and eventually it led to that all kailera clan battle on Smashboards, but failed inevitably due to too many clans and just time and host issues.

now you just have V, PPS, and ixi.

V is the only clan that takes itself seriously, PPS is really just a friend clan nowadays, and ixi has way too many people in it and V and ixi don't really but heads.

perhaps if peek brung pt back it would perhaps spark that clan 'pride' that was before.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Dont even get me started on ixi ;)

We dont butt heads in actual clan battles because they talk **** then run away everytime we try to play them.

The only people I respect in ixi are/were Jin, Wotg, Zero, and maybe Sextc.

Everyone else is either not good at ssb, or are pansies. They just scoff at V for being too serious but then state ixi is still a better clan and never want to back it up when we challenge them on it. "I dont have to prove anything, I know who is better etc."

PPS has legit players but, like soup said, its structure if far from concrete. iXi is just trash tho.

#HBC | ѕoup

I forgot about LoS.

What players are in LoS, surri?

LULZ was in it (but considering LULZ he doesn't really like clans and clan hops) and i'm not sure who else

good to hear though surri;however i agree with kuz of the above post, iXi has always been like that though, not to mention their leader is beyond scrubby.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
For Europe, we don't have a crew. We're just... Europe.

Although we could make one. I just wonder who would be willing to play with us outside the continent.

Top Bottom