• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

*enters the thread
*checks alerts
Well then...

Microsoft now owns both iconic green fps dudes
Okay... this has certainly been an interesting morning. Wonder what this could mean for smash stuff, since we know Microsoft and Nintendo are best buds at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'm not a big Bethesda person so this to me is just.. an interesting occurrence. Hopefully with them under Microsoft they can finally have some decent quality control but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not as big a Beth person as I am a TES fan. So, I guess my concerns are what happens with that.

But if it's good, then cool.

D

Deleted member

I really want to ask a question about all of this, but it might be a bit too political.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
......Soooooo, does that mean that if, by some miracle, Doom Guy get in Smash, he will be our second Microsoft Rep?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Should say enough about the future

EDIT: LMAO WRONG TWEET

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well time to come back after a few day stretch. And yes I've just watched Angel Beats.

Holy ****. Microsoft buying Bethesda is crazy. Didn't expect that news today.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hopefully Microsoft buying Bethesda turns out more like Minecraft (where their games still get released on other consoles, and they get plenty of attention and care put into them) than Rare (where their franchises are ignored for the most part). I'm still unsure about Microsoft buying Double Fine, and that was a relatively small company.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hopefully Microsoft buying Bethesda turns out more like Minecraft (where their games still get released on other consoles, and they get plenty of attention and care put into them) than Rare (where their franchises are ignored for the most part). I'm still unsure about Microsoft buying Double Fine, and that was a relatively small company.
I don't think Microsoft will ignore Bethesda's properties like Doom or Wolfenstein as they're popular FPS franchises that would feel right at home with Microsoft.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
LMAO. Microsoft apparently just bought out Bethesda. I think they technically own DOOM now. Oh, and Fallout/Elder Scrolls, but mostly DOOM.

You'd think with Rare + Bethesda their first party line up would be pretty strong. On top of the other stuff like Halo.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't think Microsoft will ignore Bethesda's properties like Doom or Wolfenstein as they're popular FPS franchises that would feel right at home with Microsoft.
I hope they won't. Doom and Wolfenstein are two of the few single-player FPSes that I've gotten into, and I'd hate for them to be side-lined because there's some market overlap with Halo or something like that.

D

Deleted member

I feel like I am pretty hated in here.

I am trying quite hard to improve, I promise.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If MS were smart, they'd really bolster up their first party output this gen will the studios they buy out. Though they still compete with Sony with having more economic prices. I'm not too invested in the console wars in and of itself, I just think the competition from it ultimately works in our favor. And I just want to see more cool games get made.

Skyrim on Skype
A Skyperim if you will.

D

Deleted member

To be very very blunt, it feels like you're the only one who thinks negatively of..well... you. Maybe a few people mildly dislike you but overall most people seem to not mind you being here. Although again.. being blunt.. you bringing up all of this drama surrounding you and your mood every other day is a bit... how should I put this? Repetitive, I guess? I dunno exactly how to put this without coming off as an ass so I'm very very sorry if I do come off as one.

I sure as hell don't hate you, that's for sure, and I can admire your commitment to improving yourself. But if a couple people hate you... well who cares? It's just a few people outta what... hundreds of thousands of people who regularly post on the boards? Why bother trying to get them to like you again? You almost certainly already have people who enjoy you for who YOU are, not who you want to be :terryhat:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I don't think anyone in here outright hates anyone else on this forum. Maybe that's naive of me, but I feel like you're being too tough on yourself; I certainly don't see any hate directed at you.

D

Deleted member

To be very very blunt, it feels like you're the only one who thinks negatively of..well... you. Maybe a few people mildly dislike you but overall most people seem to not mind you being here. Although again.. being blunt.. you bringing up all of this drama surrounding you and your mood every other day is a bit... how should I put this? Repetitive, I guess? I dunno exactly how to put this without coming off as an ass so I'm very very sorry if I do come off as one.
It's fine, I need to stop this. This was about SmashBoards to be fair.
I sure as hell don't hate you, that's for sure, and I can admire your commitment to improving yourself. But if a couple people hate you... well who cares? It's just a few people outta what... hundreds of thousands of people who regularly post on the boards? Why bother trying to get them to like you again? You
No one gets it. It is not a "few" people, it is many people. In fact, I feel like hating on ShinyLegendary is like a cult. Why am I constantly being thrown off from communities? Why have I been called a nazi, lesbophobe, stalker, manipulatieve, a troll, Russian bot, the worst person, and more hurtful words.
almost certainly already have people who enjoy you for who YOU are, not who you want to be :terryhat:
I keep on hearing this over and over and over. This is who I am.
I don't think anyone in here outright hates anyone else on this forum. Maybe that's naive of me, but I feel like you're being too tough on yourself; I certainly don't see any hate directed at you.
Believe me, there has been hate being directed at me in social media for years. It has became a cult.
Congratulations!!!!!

Anyways, to continue this, just DM me. I apologize for causing all of this.

Discord: 💖ShinyLegendary BLM💖#3700

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah yeah, the Cult of Disliking Shiny Legendary.

Bet their icon is Shiny Bidoof or somethin'.:alakadoof: You can't get Shiny Legendary in-game the regular way after all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One comment before I am:

This is who I am. When I do dumb stuff, that is me, not ShinyLegendary pretending to be someone else.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Meanwhile I am still at 20 stars. How are all of you SO fast?
I’m still pretty early on too. Honestly, not a huge fan of how there are certain levels I have to leave without collecting one or two stars just because I don’t have the right power up yet. Backtracking is never fun, imo.

And the controls... it still baffles me. It feels like I’m driving Mario around the screen, not controlling a character with legs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The cult exists, trust me. I have experienced it.
The only place it exist it's in your head.

As long you believe it exist, it will exist for you, and that's no bueno.

That, and maybe it's just me, but I think you should stop looking for political stuff/discussion, it ain't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom