• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That, and maybe it's just me, but I think you should stop looking for political stuff/discussion, it ain't for you.
I think I do need to stop the politics in SmashBoards, but outside of SmashBoards? I disagree. I can handle political discussion.

Also, I should have not vented. I won't vent for a while, unless it is REALLY BAD. I promise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think I do need to stop the politics in SmashBoards, but outside of SmashBoards? I disagree. I can handle political discussion.

Also, I should have not vented. I won't vent for a while, unless it is REALLY BAD. I promise.

Also, don't make promises unless you're 100% you can keep them. It will only stress you more than if you didn't, and actions spoke more words anyway.

I won't continue further - mostly because my head is killing me due to overworking myself those last few days - but please, keep my advices in mind, and don't let the voices in your head get the better of you.

D

Deleted member

I won't continue further - mostly because my head is killing me due to overworking myself those last few days - but please, keep my advices in mind, and don't let the voices in your head get the better of you.
Uggh, it is just so difficult. I feel like these thoughts are punching my brain harder and harder until I vent.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Question: If they did a Fighters Pass 3 with 5 characters, but all 5 characters were “4th party” (aka any characters that didn’t originate from a video game, so movies, shows, books, comics, etc.), what would your ideal 4th party Fighters Pass consist of?
Ooh! This is fun!

1. Team Rocket - Jessie and James as Pokémon Trainers; Meowth, Ekans, and Koffing as playable fighters

2. Captain N the Game Master

3. Nester from Nintendo Power - special moves based on Pilotwings 64 and Nester’s Funky Bowling

4. Goku from Dragon Ball

5. Hello Kitty - she had crossovers with Super Mario Maker, Animal Crossing, Splatoon 2, and Nintendo Badge Arcade

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Discussing politics on this site isn't even worth it, because some Joe'Shmo devil's advocate always has to show up and be like "well, atchuallly", and then everything goes south.

Doesn't even matter which user brings it up, because someone will crawl out of their hobbit hole to ruin any chance of it being a civil discussion

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I’m still pretty early on too. Honestly, not a huge fan of how there are certain levels I have to leave without collecting one or two stars just because I don’t have the right power up yet. Backtracking is never fun, imo.

And the controls... it still baffles me. It feels like I’m driving Mario around the screen, not controlling a character with legs.
You guys talking about SM64? I can 100% it in 3 hours. It's not really a speedrun since Cheese's world record is 1 hour and 38 minutes, but I'm proud I can do it within that timeframe. I don't have a capture card though to record my runs yet. Will have to get one at some point. What is the best capture card would you guys recommend?

D

Deleted member

Being called a nazi, the worst person, manipulative, a troll, a stalker, a lesbophobe, a Russian bot, and more hurtful words by people that I call my friends really takes a toll on me though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Being called a nazi, the worst person, manipulative, a troll, a stalker, a lesbophobe, a Russian bot, and more hurtful words by people that I call my friends really takes a toll on me though.
I know how you feel. I'm Autistic, I have been discriminated against and lied to by many people. Sometimes I feel like my family doesn't care about me. I've been called a ***hole and a racist behind my back. Life get's tiresome sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Decided to do a bit of coloring with my sketch. I'm making sure I don't accidently delete the rough sketch layer so that I can make adjustments if needed(because knowing me I will 100% want to make some kind of change lol)
Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 11.37.13 AM.png

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well got all 120 stars and beat Bowser.

Game is still an absolute blast to play.
It is. 24 years later and it is still one of the best games I have ever played. Super Mario 64 never gets boring to me.

I plan to play Sunshine after I get all 120 stars. I currently have 70+ stars.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sounds like these people are people you shouldn't be calling your friends.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sounds like these people are people you shouldn't be calling your friends.
I think this couples well with what I said yesterday.

These people are not your friends. They're politically charged extremists who will betray you at the drop of a hat. Shiny, you don't need them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Don't want to start **** or anything, but are these people on this very site?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

D

Deleted member

Welllll....
Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 12.31.24 PM.png

That's not exactly what I was expecting... hmm. Looks like using tables isn't gonna be the way to go.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Most of these are people on the website, yes.
...thought so.

Yeah, some people on this site are the ****ing worst. Word of advice, they're not your friends. If they only bring you down, stop bothering with them. I bet you they won't say that **** to your face.

Also, if you can, screen shot the messages, and dm the mods. They should take care if them for you. I know it may be hard to "snitch" on your "friends", but there's no other way to stop the harrassment if it's continuous

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
im really sorry pal you really don’t deserve this kind of stuff. no one does,know that they are wrong and your a great person don’t spiral into self loathing because of misguided fools I’ve been there it sucks

I don’t have a discord but message me on here if you need to talk

D

Deleted member

...thought so.

Yeah, some people on this site are the *ing worst. Word of advice, they're not your friends. If they only bring you down, stop bothering with them. I bet you they won't say that * to your face.

Also, if you can, screen shot the messages, and dm the mods. They should take care if them for you. I know it may be hard to "snitch" on your "friends", but there's no other way to stop the harrassment if it's continuous
I can't really get the messages, because they are on a Discord server, and I am banned in that server. However, the server did relate to this website, and many people that use this website used the server. Although I do have a source from a user that called me a "Russian bot" in here.

D

Deleted member

I can't really get the messages, because they are on a Discord server, and I am banned in that server. However, the server did relate to this website, and many people that use this website used the server. Although I do have a source from a user that called me a "Russian bot" in here.
wait, do you mean it was on the Smashboards discord server, or literally on this site? Or is there a third Smash Discord server I'm unaware of?

D

Deleted member

wait, do you mean it was on the Smashboards discord server, or literally on this site?
It was on a popular Discord server that has many old members in here on it. It is not the SmashBoards Discod server.

This server is where people called me most of those things I listed.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It was on a popular Discord server that has many old members in here on it. It is not the SmashBoards Discod server.

This server is where people called me most of those things I listed.
Like, users on this very thread?

If so, we might be due for another cleanup.

Edit: as in frequent users

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom