• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
If there was a Sound Type in Pokémon... do you think it would actually be called Sound Type? Or would it be called something else like... Thunder type? Boom Type? Loud Type? Bang type?
It'd probably be sound-type. The only other plausible option is Music-type, but that won't work because there are a few sound themed Pokemon that aren't very musical (Exploud, Noivern, etc.)

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Sound Type would be the probable "correct" answer since most other types are pretty basic descriptions of what it entails

however, I personally like the idea of calling it Noise Type

a bit of an edge to it, and a cheeky reference to The World Ends With You

D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera xD A question! Because I am always curious. Do you have a favorite AC character? xD I remember another friend of mine (also from Spain) is a hardcore Ezio fan, NSG I think told me he likes Altair, Connor and Arno? And another was fan of Edward, and you know, I am the odd one out loving the only Templar protagonist (I remember a post that said "There's no SHAYME in loving a Templar." xP I stand by it).
I'd say Ezio is quite cool.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel bad for all the people who didn’t evacute from that bigass hurricane that touched down in Louisville. The odds you survive the insane 150mph winds are probably less likely than you winning the lottery.

We over here in Owensboro are supposed to get some of the wind and storm but if the hurricane stays strong it could potential hit us somewhat. I doubt it(ya know, being in the middle of the entire country with basically no major lakes for a hurricane to sustain itself anywhere) but it’s still worrying that a hurricane, of all things, could POTENTIALLY hit us.

In other news my family is somewhat mad at me for not checking with my teachers, which is understandable, I guess(I don’t like how they went about it though) I’ll just have to explain to my guidance conselluer that I was a bit too nervous to actually try and randomly call the teachers until I got to the one I was looking for. Probably shoulda done that but hindsight is 20/20.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Why isn't there a dragon type Eevee? I know Eevee only evolves to get the Special Types and not the Physical Ones, but Dragon is a special type right?
Hey Leafeon and Flareon are both physical attackers.

And, I'd like to see more eeveelutions too :) Dragon would be badass. A flying eevee would be interesting too.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Afternoon to the magical place that all's under one forum called Smashboards.

Bad news for me: counselling ain't going to properly start for a few more weeks. Turns out the phonecall was an assessment and not the actual start. **** one for me.

Good news: three of my IRL friends might be working in the same place now. And considering I'm going up their direction to take photos, I think I might take a detour to see them as well. Be a bit annoying.

I feel bad for all the people who didn’t evacute from that bigass hurricane that touched down in Louisville. The odds you survive the insane 150mph winds are probably less likely than you winning the lottery.

We over here in Owensboro are supposed to get some of the wind and storm but if the hurricane stays strong it could potential hit us somewhat. I doubt it(ya know, being in the middle of the entire country with basically no major lakes for a hurricane to sustain itself anywhere) but it’s still worrying that a hurricane, of all things, could POTENTIALLY hit us.
Yeah, I'm worried a bit for some of you guys with the chaos in general over the US. Just worried about what can is going to get kicked next there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yugioh Neuron is quickly becoming my favorite app, mostly because I can organize and save decklists digitally without having to go through the hassle of sorting all my cards manually. It’s a nice quality of life app, and I really hope other card game companies do the same thing eventually(cough Bushiroad cough)
Speaking of....

9C1C4B3E-56A7-459F-B1A2-1847821ECB25.jpeg
Ignore the Miracle Fusion, I’m waiting on the E-Hero fusion I ordered for it(the Water Omni Hero) to get here

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly I've never been a big fan of the "sound" type. I have a hard time imagining how it'd interact with other types. Most other types have physical traits or mythological ones to base their strengths/weaknesses around. I guess maybe sound could be effective against psychic, since it can disrupt their concentration?

There just doesn't seem to be a point of adding it as a type other then for more type's sake. Normal is the most neutral type and I think "sound" works well as a sort of "pseudo-type" within it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Well, I doubt now about Nintendo getting stuff. Still thinking that Skyward Sword remake would be a perfect thing from the big N for it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm having a hard time sleeping. Just one more day until the new Phineas and Ferb movie. I'm getting excited for it the same way I get excited for a new game release from a series I love.

It's my silly brain's tendency to hyperfixate on things, especially right now when real life has me really stressed out. I don't know why my brain has recently latched on to a silly show that's not usually all that deep, but the fact that a new movie is around the corner has been making it hard for me to move onto the next thing.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Well, I doubt now about Nintendo getting stuff. Still thinking that Skyward Sword remake would be a perfect thing from the big N for it.
It kinda of baffles me how such a rich company is struggling so much currently. All these other big companies and even small ones like indies have been developing all minds of projects yet Nintendo has seemingly finished nothing and has had very few releases this year. Most of which were probably nearly done by the time covid hit. So I really wonder what the hell os going on there.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Honestly I've never been a big fan of the "sound" type. I have a hard time imagining how it'd interact with other types. Most other types have physical traits or mythological ones to base their strengths/weaknesses around. I guess maybe sound could be effective against psychic, since it can disrupt their concentration?

There just doesn't seem to be a point of adding it as a type other then for more type's sake. Normal is the most neutral type and I think "sound" works well as a sort of "pseudo-type" within it.
A while back I've thought about Sound's potential type matchup. Its important to realize that 'sound' is a series of vibrations of particles and molecules, and acts as waves as it can disrupt certain physical objects and even shatter certain solid hard surfaces. But can be drowned out by other waves or more dense surfaces.

Strong against
-Psychic
-Dark
-Rock
-Ice

Weak against
-Electric
-Water

Resisted by
-Electric
-Water
-Sound
-Steel

Resists
-Psychic
-Sound

Immune
-Dark
-Fighting

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A while back I've thought about Sound's potential type matchup. Its important to realize that 'sound' is a series of vibrations of particles and molecules, and acts as waves as it can disrupt certain physical objects and even shatter certain solid hard surfaces. But can be drowned out by other waves or more dense surfaces.

Strong against
-Psychic
-Dark
-Rock
-Ice

Weak against
-Electric
-Water

Resisted by
-Electric
-Water
-Sound
-Steel

Resists
-Psychic
-Sound

Immune
-Dark
-Fighting
Hm, well you actually make a pretty good case here.

The one complaint I have though is that Ice is already a type with a lot of weaknesses with few resistances to make up for it. I'd rather not see it gain another one, for balance sake.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
you just overthought a christian song meant for religious children and families like me...and you couldn’t even use the godly music video they had to go with the song

but on the really real...you done gone into lunatic territory

me...I am the joke? If I’m wrong I will do nothing
I’m not saying that’s what it IS about. Given the beliefs espoused by Phill Vischer I would never expect anything like that in the show ever. I’m merely saying I think it is applicable to those circumstances.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Strong against
-Psychic
-Dark
-Rock
-Ice

Weak against
-Electric
-Water

Resisted by
-Electric
-Water
-Sound
-Steel

Resists
-Psychic
-Sound

Immune
-Dark
-Fighting
The one things I will say about this is that sound actually travels much further in water then it does in air. For example, the whale you hear singing while diving could be miles away from you and you’d still hear it perfectly fine. So if anything, sound would be super effective against Water.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hm, well you actually make a pretty good case here.

The one complaint I have though is that Ice is already a type with a lot of weaknesses with few resistances to make up for it. I'd rather not see it gain another one, for balance sake.
Yeah one reason I don't see a sound type happening at all. Types are usually only added for balancing out stronger types, like how Dark and Steel were added for Psychic and Fairy was added for Dragon. Both Ice and Rock already have a bunch of weaknesses, so a nerf there is unecessary. Psychic and Dark are good typings but aren't overpowered to the point of needing a new type to nerf them.

Still interesting to think about regardless.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m not saying that’s what it IS about. Given the beliefs espoused by Phill Vischer I would never expect anything like that in the show ever. I’m merely saying I think it is applicable to those circumstances.
I’m going to assume you’ve got some issues with the creator

D

Deleted member

Was feeling a bit bored during my study hall period so I doodled this.
sketch1598538059088 (1).png

Not the prettiest thing I've drawn but for a warm up it's alright. Gonna need to start working on my avatar pic now..

edit: of course I forget to fill the eye. ****

D

Deleted member

I normally don't repost rumours but this one caught my attention:

Would be cool if It turns out to be a new DQ Monsters game.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm having a hard time sleeping. Just one more day until the new Phineas and Ferb movie. I'm getting excited for it the same way I get excited for a new game release from a series I love.

It's my silly brain's tendency to hyperfixate on things, especially right now when real life has me really stressed out. I don't know why my brain has recently latched on to a silly show that's not usually all that deep, but the fact that a new movie is around the corner has been making it hard for me to move onto the next thing.
There's a new Phineas and Ferb movie coming out?

My mind is blown.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I'd say Ezio is quite cool.
xD Alrighty! :3 It's just fun to see the different likes my friends have when it comes to the MANY protagonists the series have. xD But yeah, Ezio's cool. Before Shay came into the picture, Ezio was a choice, but mostly because he was the undeniably popular pick and still is to this day. But I seem to have a thing for underdogs that are rare gems.

Saetanigera

Smash Ace
It kinda of baffles me how such a rich company is struggling so much currently. All these other big companies and even small ones like indies have been developing all minds of projects yet Nintendo has seemingly finished nothing and has had very few releases this year. Most of which were probably nearly done by the time covid hit. So I really wonder what the hell os going on there.
I'm betting Nintendo is saving all it's announcements for the switch upgrade.

D

Deleted member

While this is still very much a WIP, I spent some time drawing and "upgraded" my avatar image.
sketch1598539966667(2).png

Still needs a ton of work, but it's getting there. Maybe changing the eyes was a bad idea... Also still need to name it and maybe figure out what I'm gonna do with it(well, besides from the obvious) but I'll deal with that later.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not sure if it will go away or not, but today, I been in a very Undertale/Deltarune mood, and I realized that it's been 2 years-ish since Deltarune came out, and we still only a few things about it.

Think this game is going to be the SMTV pre-confirmation/Half-Life 3/Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing 2 of my life, and I hope to all lord it doesn't get cancel or worse.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom