• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
This is the crossover that I never knew I needed until now.

Now there's an artstyle I never knew would work for Persona. Looks brilliant.

Well, if you do want to ask any questions that are on your mind, just PM me or something. I'll do my best to answer them. I'm gonna leave the ball in your court.
And same to you to PM me if you're interested in hearing how stuff like religion, sectarianism and how that stuff connected affected my upbringing since its pretty unique in the world, and it played a big part in my personal beliefs.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yes, it has recoil damage. But depending on how close you are to the Charizard when it’s used, it can be impossible to punish. The only times I’ve been able to punish it is when I’m on the other side of the stage and I can just tell it’s coming. So unless you’re playing Mega Man or Min Min, good luck punishing it consistently.
If you block it, Charizard bounces off and is forced into an untechable scenerio. Most characters can easily punish this by dashing forward once and jab locking or F-smashing. Characters with large F-smashes can just drop shield and F-smash in place - I do this all the time in the Charizard ditto. Once you know how to punish it, the reward for doing so is huge.

As you get better at the game and start fighting better Charizard players, you'll notice that we tend to use Flare Blitz less and less. Good opponents are able to sniff out moments when a Zard player will be temped to use it and will be ready to block on reaction. Better players are also less likely to throw out laggy or pointless moves in neutral, which also makes it harder to get hit by random Flare Blitzes.

As a Charizard main myself, I mostly just use it as an occasional recovery mix up or in tech chase scenerios. Otherwise I only ever have the guts to do it when I'm very confident about a read.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
If you block it, Charizard bounces off and is forced into an untechable scenerio. Most characters can easily punish this by dashing forward once and jab locking or F-smashing. Characters with large F-smashes can just drop shield and F-smash in place - I do this all the time in the Charizard ditto. Once you know how to punish it, the reward for doing so is huge.

As you get better at the game and start fighting better Charizard players, you'll notice that we tend to use Flare Blitz less and less. Good opponents are able to sniff out moments when a Zard player will be temped to use it and will be ready to block on reaction. Better players are also less likely to throw out laggy or pointless moves in neutral, which also makes it harder to get hit by random Flare Blitzes.

As a Charizard main myself, I mostly just use it as an occasional recovery mix up or in tech chase scenerios. Otherwise I only ever have the guts to do it when I'm very confident about a read.
You’re right. Another thing I didn’t think about is that not everybody has joycon drift, which makes it a little hard to use a smash direct depending on the direction.
I probably just have to get used to the matchup.

D

Deleted member

me: hmmm what kind of joke should I make that everyone would find funny?

my brain, in it's infinite wisdom: SaMOOrai

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
How do you think Sakurai would approach a Wonderful 101 character in Smash?
It'd potentially be a very complicated process to make someone like Wonder Red work in Smash considering the gameplay of the Wonderful 101.

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
So with all the HxH episodes on Netflix offically done with, I can focus on watching more of Big Mouth along with the Deadly Seven Sins and Little Witch Academia.

Dutch Raikuna

So with all the HxH episodes on Netflix offically done with, I can focus on watching more of Big Mouth along with the Deadly Seven Sins and Little Witch Academia.
Watch Violet Evergarden or A Silent Voice. Get your emotions destroyed or something.

D

Deleted member

Less than an hour until I see Promare at that Discord server.

Gonna share my thoughts here when we finish watching It.

D

Deleted member

Wait HxH is back on Netflix? I remember them removing it a few years back but apparently that changed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
starting to feel bad for future Xbox players Marvel wise

D

Deleted member

Gonna spoiler it because it's a bit long-ish and probably boring.
About yesterday, at first I didn't even want to come back, but I feel like I should explain still. Yesterday was an all-around terrible day for me. As mentioned, I'm already not feeling that well currently in additions to having had a fight with a friend. Then getting completely ignored when I'm serious for once, all of that just amplified just how terrible I've been feeling. Not helped by the fact I already have a low self-esteem and trust issues, due to terrible experiences with other people.

Another thing is that, no matter how much I try, my shyness makes it impossible to make pals, let alone real friends, doesn't help that the people I thought were friends back in school, weren't even real friends as became obvious later on in life. More often than not, when I tried to open up, I was met with rejection. After a while you just start to give up, knowing no one really cares about you, not even your own family. I have two grandparents, that's it. I don't even know most of my family. I mean, I saw them occasionally like 20 years ago, but it never felt like family, so to say. Hell, as mentioned, I have a discord, yet my shyness makes it impossible to use it. And even if I did, going by my history, I'd just be "there" anyway, like here, unable to form a single friendship or at least acquaintances.
I could go into even more detail, but I already spent over an hour just on this text, so some sentences might be jumbled, I dunno. To be honest, I don't even know if any of that makes sense or if anyone even cares, but I felt like I should at least explain.

D

Deleted member

d15c8c6ed06fc3861d5478b896b8b6db.jpg

warrr.jpg

20200804_000629.png

372139D3-0288-4978-A1CA-652D98B51A8B.jpeg.jpg

20200804_000038.jpg

It started and ended with Godzilla

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Gonna spoiler it because it's a bit long-ish and probably boring.
About yesterday, at first I didn't even want to come back, but I feel like I should explain still. Yesterday was an all-around terrible day for me. As mentioned, I'm already not feeling that well currently in additions to having had a fight with a friend. Then getting completely ignored when I'm serious for once, all of that just amplified just how terrible I've been feeling. Not helped by the fact I already have a low self-esteem and trust issues, due to terrible experiences with other people.

Another thing is that, no matter how much I try, my shyness makes it impossible to make pals, let alone real friends, doesn't help that the people I thought were friends back in school, weren't even real friends as became obvious later on in life. More often than not, when I tried to open up, I was met with rejection. After a while you just start to give up, knowing no one really cares about you, not even your own family. I have two grandparents, that's it. I don't even know most of my family. I mean, I saw them occasionally like 20 years ago, but it never felt like family, so to say. Hell, as mentioned, I have a discord, yet my shyness makes it impossible to use it. And even if I did, going by my history, I'd just be "there" anyway, like here, unable to form a single friendship or at least acquaintances.
I could go into even more detail, but I already spent over an hour just on this text, so some sentences might be jumbled, I dunno. To be honest, I don't even know if any of that makes sense or if anyone even cares, but I felt like I should at least explain.
You're not alone.

Well, I do share a pretty deep bond with my close family but I also haven't really made any efforts to visit my other relatives due to my introverted tendencies. I struggle immensely in conversation because none of our interests really align and I've just always felt like the odd one out. As far as "friends" are concerned, I feel like I had a few during my days of school - or maybe just people who were able to tolerate my existence - but most of those relationships dissolved not long after graduation. My workplace isn't much better but I do get along with everyone well enough, but that's also because I don't really put in the effort to start actual relationships and mostly just mind my own business unless it's absolutely necessary to communicate. I'm always terrified that I'll say something idiotic and get on everyone's bad side. Hell, a lot of that fear and hesitation to speak my mind bleeds into here at times, and it's a big contributing factor as to why I haven't bothered with Discord at the moment. It's an absolutely miserable feeling and I don't know how to overcome it.

Anywho, thanks for the explanation and giving me the courage to speak up about this as well. I personally enjoy your presence here and consider you a staple member of the social thread, but I'll respect whatever choice you make regarding your continued usage of this site.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. From people who have also played this. How likely is it that I will find all 93 hidden Wonderful Ones just by following the basic rules? Like, that's what I've been doing and I'm already halfway there (over halfway if you don't count the last story-unlock character Wonder-Black) and I'm only on Act 1 of Mission 4.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sony & Microsoft announced about controller compatibility on their newer consoles

PS4 controllers can be used on PS5 but not on PS5 games

All Xbox One controllers (including third party ones) can be used on Series X on all games.

D

Deleted member

Sony & Microsoft announced about controller compatibility on their newer consoles

All Xbox One controllers (including third party ones) can be used on Series X on all games.
So I don’t need to buy new controllers for the new xbox? Great! Maybe..

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

I haven't followed much regarding the new consoles but I guess it's due to the new DualShock having some features that are not present in the DS4. And of course those new DS5 features being used in the new games to provide new gameplay experiences. Still I have to wonder how integral those would be. I believe that games don't need too many complexities and intricacies to be great experiences. That also makes me think this is the path that Microsoft might be going for in terms of design philosophy of their games going forward?

D

Deleted member

Anywho, thanks for the explanation and giving me the courage to speak up about this as well. I personally enjoy your presence here and consider you a staple member of the social thread, but I'll respect whatever choice you make regarding your continued usage of this site.
Seems like my nonsensical rambling was good for one thing at least.

But yeah, more than likely I'm gonna delete my account by the end of the month, after tying up some loose ends in various places. I'm tired of trying the impossible and failing over and over again.

I guess I could give out my discord if someone wants me there for whatever reason, though that's something I'd rather do via PMs and not giving it out in the open. Then again, I don't even know how to use it to begin with and I'd just be boring anyway, due to my shyness anyway... Sometimes I really wish I had more courage.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I decided to Nuzlocke another Pokemon Game, this time X. But that's not all...
15965005832774108833475426840915.jpg

I'm doing it in Spanish. I hope this will help me get the language better, but worse case scenario it just makes it harder.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Man, I love Project Plus. Best Smash game ever <3

I decided to Nuzlocke another Pokemon Game, this time X. But that's not all...
View attachment 281179
I'm doing it in Spanish. I hope this will help me get the language better, but worse case scenario it just makes it harder.
I love this! xD

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tested out some characters in PMEX Remix, most notably characters that debuted in Smash after Brawl.

I don't know how easy it is to backport characters to Brawl but most are almost identical to the official games to an impressive level (though some Echo Fighters were given some creative freedoms)

D

Deleted member

Just finished watching Promare at Discord

This is my first time watching a Studio Trigger production and I must say the animation and artstyle was legit top notch. A lot of impressive fight scenes and ahora which I would describe as breathtaking.

The music (although I couldn't hear all of It due to the nature of Discord's voice chats) was very high quality and some tunes even got stuck to my head too.

Really likeable characters, and the conflict was really interesting.

My only nitpick was not with the movie itself but rather with the sound quality of the chat. This is a movie one really needs to buy or rent and watch on a TV with the highest quality possible. It totally is worth It.

All in all, It gets the JDScore of a 9/10.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Weird that Pokemon don't have unique names in Spanish (they reuse the English ones). Guess I'll need to make my own as i go. For my Pokemon so far...

Fenniken: Magizor (Mage + Fox)
Weedle: Crube (Cruel + Bee. Odd that both of those words are basically the same as their english variant)
Caterpie: Mavero (Butterfly + "see" + masculine o)
Azurill: Lindagua (Cute + Water)

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I guess I'll head to bed as well here. A day of doctors and job officers to talk to.......and a Burger King for once.

Just finished watching Promare at Discord

This is my first time watching a Studio Trigger production and I must say the animation and artstyle was legit top notch. A lot of impressive fight scenes and ahora which I would describe as breathtaking.

The music (although I couldn't hear all of It due to the nature of Discord's voice chats) was very high quality and some tunes even got stuck to my head too.

Really likeable characters, and the conflict was really interesting.

My only nitpick was not with the movie itself but rather with the sound quality of the chat. This is a movie one really needs to buy or rent and watch on a TV with the highest quality possible. It totally is worth It.

All in all, It gets the JDScore of a 9/10.
Good, good. Now watch Kill la Kill or Darling in the Franxx (only two from them I've seen of some) and dive deeper into anime so join us, brother and dive deeper!

"All in all, It gets the JDScore of a 9/10." Added the touch for you.

Regardless, that's a goodnight from me.
And it's a goodnight from him.
Speak to you guys tomorrow.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I decided to get some context on the Batman slapping Robin meme, so I looked into the original comic that it came from (World's Finest #153, which bears some startling similarities to Batman v. Superman in a broad sense). The entire page that the panel is on is just bonkers.

It's an alternate universe, or imaginary, story, with the narration including such gems as "one imaginary day..."
Ah, so Robin got punished for doing the right thing. Classic Golden Age comics :yoshi:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm gonna make a game of my most recent guess: Whoever correctrly guesses the identity of my most recent Pokemon gets... I don't know, a sandwitch?

It's "Patebolo".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom