• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I mean it with all sincerity when I say good job, especially in such a relatively short time frame (December 2019, according to your bio). I wish I could do the same, heh...
Yeah, but it sometimes comes with a compromise like my mood swings but I'm finding ways to stop it before it ruins the friendships. I'm also Irish so we are a lovingly annoying people. Joking on the last part.

I guess that's one good thing about me, I'm stubborn. No matter how bad things get, there are still strict rules I set myself, no matter what. Among them a strict no drinking nor smoking one and I don't intend to ever break that.
I've got the same rule. My parents fell to it so I'm not going to. And some people tend to mistake being stubborn for being prideful for some reason.

And also if I know there is a point where I'm gonna fall in an endless abyss of despair, I'll gladly throw people out of it to make sure they don't, everyone here included.

The Buzz Lightyear TV show had Zurg as the main villain, yes.

Also a very underrated show.
Oh.....reminds me of when I sprinted out of the cinema when I saw Zurg on screen for the first time. I was three years old and I still remember it somehow. Bolted out screaming according to my dad.

And yes the show was pretty good from I remember.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I remember some days ago Wade asked us to talk about underrated cartoon themes.

And I feel I should have brought up the main theme of the Buzz Lightyear cartoon that day because good lord it is so good:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but it sometimes comes with a compromise like my mood swings but I'm finding ways to stop it before it ruins the friendships. I'm also Irish so we are a lovingly annoying people. Joking on the last part.
I just get sad when I see how empty my friend list on Steam or Discord is. Really makes one feel alone when it's visualized like that. I wish I could be more outgoing, but alas.

I've got the same rule. My parents fell to it so I'm not going to. And some people tend to mistake being stubborn for being prideful for some reason.
Then let them think that. Better to be seen as prideful than a pushover who gets taken advantage of, I think.

And also if I know there is a point where I'm gonna fall in an endless abyss of despair, I'll gladly throw people out of it to make sure they don't, everyone here included.
I did that with a big part of my family and have no regrets. Just because someone's family doesn't mean you have to keep contact with them. I only miss my sister, who most likely doesn't even know I exist.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
He kills it again with the pfps. Gotta step up my game.

Had a more unusual day looking my previous posts. Gonna lie down for a bit.
Haha, thanks; I'm very particular about my pfps so it can be somewhat difficult to settle on one at times.

We're under a tropical storm warning over here so we've had quite the downpour, but the winds haven't been much of an issue at least.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Batch 1 of analyzing some of the best mains for each Project Plus character is finished. This project is helping me decide my tier list a lot.

Batch number 2 is up next, but I'll wait on that for a little bit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So, Lockstin is making his own region. That’s cool.
I wanted to do that myself a while ago, but the job became too big and the people who agreed to be my admins left the site.

Anyway, I still think these videos are cool and I’m excited to see more of his ideas. Even if he made some choices I wouldn’t have.

D

Deleted member

I've been very doom and gloom recently, so I'll talk about something else for a change of pace.

I set myself a goal of buying a Nintendo 64DD around late this year/early next year and I'm gonna start saving money for that. Is it useless? Yeah. Expensive? Definitely. Worth the money? No way. And yet, I have a weakness for console add-ons and the DD has always fascinated me. It's also the most expensive thing I'm missing, so it should be smooth sailing after that.

No way am I gonna complete the game collection, not when you have to pay 2k€ for a golf game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spidey for a Disney fighter when?
I like how Buzz on the cover can tell that Console exclusive characters are Bs.
bright side...Spider-Man

Xbox gets no Web-Head, but the others do

also Buzz is lying to you
Yeah, I’m not a big fan of console exclusives on multiplatform games. The Spidey thing is pretty bs.
big money move from Sony at the least
I find it funny that Zurg is one of the most popular characters when he was the comedic villian (and not even that important) in 2, and barely did anything for the rest of the series.

Was it the Buzz Lightyear TV show that did it? I'm gonna go with that.
it’s because he’s gorgeous

D

Deleted member

You ever get the best idea you've had in a long time, remember you can't draw, and then just sit down and think about what you can do to improve?
yeah, that's me right now.
So, Lockstin is making his own region. That’s cool.
I wanted to do that myself a while ago, but the job became too big and the people who agreed to be my admins left the site.

Anyway, I still think these videos are cool and I’m excited to see more of his ideas. Even if he made some choices I wouldn’t have.
Funnily enough my "idea" I mentioned above is pretty similar to this lol. Well, not the region part. I just wish I actually had the tools to improve my art right now(I literally only have my ****ty 10 year old laptop here which isn't gonna cut it tbh)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I made myself a couple grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup on the side.

That's my post, have a good day. Don't get too wet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
finally moved in and settled, but some of my packages that are crucial are conveniently both "delivered" and missing

fun

D

Deleted member

I just got my first(and likely not the last) playset of Pot of Desires. Yay. Thank god it got reprinted recently, otherwise I woulda needed to spend like $10-20 just for a single copy

Now where the hell is the other half of my Nova Grappler Budget wtf it keeps saying it's at the post office here when it isn't! Well it is here but it hasn't been sent out yet for whatever reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I think you guys a being a bit too hard on Stadia. I thought this was a gamer's dream to have companies throw their hat into the Game Industry. It reminds me of Amazon's Anime Strike and how people were being a bit too giddy about Anime Strike's failure.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think you guys a being a bit too hard on Stadia. I thought this was a gamer's dream to have companies throw their hat into the Game Industry. It reminds me of Amazon's Anime Strike and how people were being a bit too giddy about Anime Strike's failure.
I never even heard of Anime Strike, what was that?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
It was an anime service that came with Amazon Prime. People kept complaining that they shouldn't have to pay 7 dollars on top of having prime to access this service.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So it looks like Ash’s final Pokémon is possibly a legendary. The recent merch scans have shown like every Pokémon that’s been in the show so far with a poke ball backdrop.

However the last one which is positioned after Ash’s current team, is shrouded in a question mark over a masterball. A distinction I think is only there because will be caught in a master ball whatever it is. Which the obvious choice there would be a legendary.

I have no idea what one would even work though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It was an anime service that came with Amazon Prime. People kept complaining that they shouldn't have to pay 7 dollars on top of having prime to access this service.
To be fair Netflix and Hulu have anime casually in their lineup so I guess I could see why there were complaints. Hulu charges extra for HBO Max, Showtime etc but then again those same extra charges apply for a regular cable package addition

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I don't really see the problem with Anime strike, but I'm happy that Amazon found anime to be a venture worth taking it really is a boon to the anime industry. I know Hulu and Netflix have a decent line up of anime though it does help to see more online services get in on the Anime craze help move anime from a niche to mainstream by boarding its appeal. So I'm happy things turned out alright.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. Just out of complete curiosity. How on earth are there Wonderful Ones based on things like cheerleading and money, but there’s no Wonder-Orange, Wonder-Purple, or Wonder-Brown? They have every other major color, so why not those three?

D

Deleted member

Ok. Just out of complete curiosity. How on earth are there Wonderful Ones based on things like cheerleading and money, but there’s no Wonder-Orange, Wonder-Purple, or Wonder-Brown? They have every other major color, so why not those three?
budget cuts :yeahboi:

On a more serious note It might have just been considered a bit too complex. You already have to manage 5 unique characters+who know how many randos you find in each level, adding more just makes the game a little bit too complex. At least that's what I'm thinking is the reason, considering the power rangers motif the characters have it could also be they didn't add those colors simply to keep the parody-like aesthetic design of the characters in place

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
budget cuts :yeahboi:

On a more serious note It might have just been considered a bit too complex. You already have to manage 5 unique characters+who know how many randos you find in each level, adding more just makes the game a little bit too complex. At least that's what I'm thinking is the reason, considering the power rangers motif the characters have it could also be they didn't add those colors simply to keep the parody-like aesthetic design of the characters in place
Well yeah. I understand that. But there are 100 of these guys. They don't have to have unique abilities or even rolls in the story. Just have them be random Wonderful Ones you find.

Maybe for The Wonderful 202.

Every Wonderful One from the first game with 101 additional new ones.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Because those aren't popular Ranger colors.

Thereres never been a brown ranger

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Keep playing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom